Developing a stable trading robot - page 2

OnGoing:

Author, do you think that having a 17-page system makes it more valuable?)

No, I don't think so, it's just that if you read the description, you have to delve into what's written there, and that's a long time and not everyone will do it, most people will just glance around, not understand and close, so I wrote that I will send only those who really want to understand.

223231:

No, I do not think so, it's just that if you read the description, you need to delve into what it says, and this is a long and not everyone will do it, most will just run a glance, do not understand and close, so I wrote that I will send only those who really want to understand.
Tell me, have you familiarized yourself with the content of the branch called "Avalanche"?

Partly familiar, I got as far as page 80, but the author is inadequate there and as a result there is so much rubbish there that it's just impossible to read.

223231:
Partly familiar, I got as far as page 80, but the author is inadequate there and as a result there is so much rubbish there that it's just impossible to read.
And your system is somehow different, do you think?)

Hmm. So, in general terms, the objective is to catch the trend and the point of departure doesn't matter? If that's the case, then the path would be like an avalanche. Nets in search of fish. I hope you can convince me otherwise.

223231:

Why not? You are tracking a market trend, such as the amplitude of fluctuations and the period of these fluctuations. they depend on the past. and as far as I know they change quite smoothly, i.e. they tend to persist for a short period of time. But thanks for the book, I will read it, in any case I will learn something useful. The monkey in this case is not considered as a tool for break-even trading, but as a tool to accumulate profits. After all, the chance of catching the trend is much higher in five times than in one, and the growth of the lot may potentially allow profits to grow proportionally. I would like to place a bet on the fact that profits will eventually happen more often than losses. You just have to keep track of when the trend ends and when to close the profit. In contrast to roulette, the market has more instrumental possibilities, we have to choose not just to bet on red, but when, in what interval to add or remove a part of a position, and how much to bet. Besides, there are some constantly working regularities on the market. The same trend can be seen as a situation when a long period of time falls red....

I highlighted the mistake, there is no such dependence. "As far as I know they change pretty smoothly", your subjectivism is at play here, I know as it is in this form in everyone who starts doing it, no it doesn't change smoothly. On the subject of the monkey read an excellent article on wikipedia which explains on your fingers why a 1 in 5 chance of winning will get you screwed. I don't see how your system differs from roulette at all, they are identical. By the way on french roulette the spread is smaller )))). If there is a constantly working pattern in the market, different from roulette (absolutely random events), isolate them, analyse them, and if this pattern makes it possible to pay off the commission (spread swap commission) and make a profit, here already under it you need to put a good MM, but again not a martyr (again I refer to the wikipedia article). If you are simply convinced of these patterns, then again it is subjectivism, until you prove this pattern to your mathematician neighbour (not yourself in any case).

Again on the similarities to roulette. You bet with a fixed take profit of 30 and a stop of 15/30, you don't close a position in mid-flight. This is equivalent to betting black/red (if stop = 30) or one of six fields 1 to 3 (if stop is 15) (1/3 or stripes, I mean these fields) or just 12 bets on different numbers apart from 0. That's when you start fiddling with the points, that's when the difference from roulette starts, but not now.

You may find it very difficult to quit, I can console you, I spent half a year writing various grids (Ilan type), calculated all the moves and combinations, as you have already understood, I was convinced of the complete incompatibility of this system with any kind of income, "-half a year". I did it too, I share my experience, although you probably won't listen, I recommend to get acquainted with the relevant books on probability theory.

P.S. Until you clearly identified a pattern you want to beat, there is no difference between the price movement on the chart from random (like roulette) for your system. I suggest you to distinguish the pattern to know what we are working with.

keep87: About a year ago I took the infamous fxclon (similar U-turn which caused a lot of f*** on forums and a lot of batshit after a concrete explanation that they were cheated) and just on paper started to cut off all unnecessary things that were deliberately added to it to increase the commission for the EA owner.
To cut off all 17 pages is a natural emasculation, sadism and a formidable abuse of the individual.

keep87:

Bottom line: you need to find a strategy or situation that objectively gives you a chance to earn more than 60-65% (to cover spreads and commissions) and then you can try to select the MM, but not a martyr, for such purposes is very useful book by Ralph Vince - The Mathematics of Money Management. Yes, he says that with less than 50% chance of winning you can always win, but we are talking about a situation where the stop is several times less than the profit.

60% is unnecessary. One can go as low as 30%. Or less.

paukas:
60% is unnecessary. 30% is fine. Or less.

So you can do 50/50 on the odds? 0)

Or do we understand "chance" differently?

Or is it trolling again?

Sorento:

I.e. you can at odds of 50/50? 0)

Or do we understand "chance" differently?

Or is it trolling again?

Why not? Here's an example.

Profit Trades (% of total): 54 (36.00%) Loss trades (% of total): 96 (64.00%)
Profit Factor: 1.32

Zy You have a trollism yourself.

Reason: