Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 169

This time they really made me confused me by merging the indicators folders. I just thought there was a bug of missing a tree node until I realized they got merged.

Ok, it is probably better to have it like that, but I would really appreciated if they released sorta change list with every new release to look at.

Now even metatrader 5 has better organized indicators than metatrader 4

Lol, actually I have one folder named Ovo inside indicators, experts, scripts and includes and I do not care much about others.

Neither do I (care of the rest) but it shows that they are doing it again : insignificant cosmetic changes that were not asked for by anybody. And what was asked for is ignored again

Very little corrections made

They corrected the include files error and nothing else as I could test

Operator method error in templates fixed too...This error was fatal.

mladen:
Build 670 :

Test No 1 : passing datetime parameter : FAIL(attached the example - run the _test indicator - both indicators needed). That bug was reported to mql servicedesk long time ago

Did not conduct more tests (when it can not pass parameters correctly, what else should be tested?)

It is true, however if you use ulong works right. Typical weird metaquotes bug...

braintheboss:
It is true, however if you use ulong works right. Typical weird metaquotes bug...

Datetime is ulong as far as data is concerned (metatrader uses the same format as system time - number of seconds passed from 01.01.1970) but it is obvious that the compiler again does not do the job properly

mladen:
Datetime is ulong as far as data is concerned (metatrader uses the same format as system time - number of seconds passed from 01.01.1970) but it is obvious that the compiler again does not do the job properly

Their compiler (and code editor) is getting worse and worse

It is not the terminal I am complaining at. It is the uncertainty of what compiler will produce and what we have to use ultimately. And that (the ex4 file produced by these "new" compilers) is ridiculous

mladen:

So I've tried to use ulong and for that reason is a rare bug. Clearly that is not normal to have to use tricks to make things work. But it is not hard to imagine the chaos that must be the code to make mistakes like that.