How to add objects to a chart that does NOT have focus??

Hello,

For a while now, I have wondered if there is a way for an EA to add objects to a chart that does not have the focus? For example, let's say you have 6 different chart windows open, and then another window for your Expert Advisor... I would like the EA to cycle through each of the 6 windows one by one, select it (I'm assuming this will be necessary), add some text objects/labels to the chart, update the text, and then move on to the next window. And this process in theory should update on every tick, but that is if and only if it can be done in an efficient manner.

My first question is is this even possible?! And if so, what is the most efficient method that will not result in a large hang time?

I've experimented with some code of my own and was able to select the window(s) using API calls, but I can't seem to figure out how to add the objects. When I try to add them, they're being placed on the window that the EA is being called from, rather than the window that has the focus. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

smash:

Hello,

For a while now, I have wondered if there is a way for an EA to add objects to a chart that does not have the focus?

Using standard mql4 an EA can only draw Objects on the chart it is running on.
Reason: