Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 162

The biggest NEWS is that there is a new "beta version" of metatrader 5 too. Some of the BIG changes : an icon changed its place on a toolbar :):) (they tell that it is a change)

This is becoming a circus

Guys, be warned : soon they are going to force metatrader 5 on us. They are doing the magazines sales and all the "smart" stuff they tested on us on metatrader 4 in metatrader 5 now too and as soon as they finish, they are going to go with it

techmac:
Guys, be warned : soon they are going to force metatrader 5 on us. They are doing the magazines sales and all the "smart" stuff they tested on us on metatrader 4 in metatrader 5 now too and as soon as they finish, they are going to go with it

My understanding is that the browser-like part is shared by MT4 and 5, but not much more.

Though I expected full convergence of the MT4 into MT5, there are more and more differences every new build. they do not seem following this goal, or if they do, they failed.

Ovo:
My understanding is that the browser-like part is shared by MT4 and 5, but not much more. Though I expected full convergence of the MT4 into MT5, there are more and more differences every new build. they do not seem following this goal, or if they do, they failed.

One example :

[TD] Shared access for reading from several programs. Flag is used in FileOpen(), but it does not replace the necessity to indicate FILE_WRITE and/or the FILE_READ flag when opening a file.

FILE_SHARE_READ

[/TD]

That is from MQL 5 help file

They are adjusting MQL 4 to MQL 5

Ex4 libraries : they MUST be compiled with strict and they MUST have an export keyword added to each exported function

None of the existing Ex4 libraries will work any more without these changes. "Thanks" metaquotes

checkin:
Ex4 libraries : they MUST be compiled with strict and they MUST have an export keyword added to each exported function None of the existing Ex4 libraries will work any more without these changes. "Thanks" metaquotes

Yep, I saw it

Unfortunately whoever does not have a source code for an ex4 library to make those changes will have to kiss goodbye what he is using. Not a very smart change

mladen:
Yep, I saw it Unfortunately whoever does not have a source code for an ex4 library to make those changes will have to kiss goodbye what he is using. Not a very smart change

Lucky us ....

checkin:
Lucky us ....

That is their summer present to us : instead of trading we all started looking for another trading platform

on my own:
:) That is their summer present to us : instead of trading we all started looking for another trading platform

Or buy magazines No kidding, but what are they doing to metatrader right now (with changing the constants and "adjusting" metatrader 4 to metatatrader 5 is going to be a final blow

We are already having good trading platform

Whoever want to trade seriously should not use metatrader at all. Metatrader was never an alternative to good trading platforms - it was always just a toy for brokers to do what they want

Reason: