Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 131

I am so happy with the new build

They are teaching me that a bool return should be checked while they are not able to make a workable average in array function

Can not log in to metaquotes server for quite a few hours today

checkin:
Can not log in to metaquotes server for quite a few hours today

It is not just for you. It seems that nobody is able to access metatrader servers any more

They are finally back. Guess nobody there knew that their server is down

checkin:
They are finally back. Guess nobody there knew that their server is down

Yep, they are back - with a big gap in data

mladen:
Yep, they are back - with a big gap in data

A simulation of what we are to expect in the future? :):)

Worse things happening than that server being down : errors of the new compiler are becoming more obvious and in a lot of cases you will not be able to rely on compiler to find some coding errors. They made two steps back again

Ovo:
The EA button has different functionality than before - experts still receive the OnTick event, but they refuse to operate orders. In addition, the button seems to apply to scripts as well, so probably you cannot use any script to manage orders while the EAs button is off.

Hi Ovo,

I have just run into this matter. I can not execute a simple script (cancel all SL+TP lines) without having AutoTrading activated. So to cancel SL+TP lines by script I have to remove all EAs from the charts because otherwise AutoTrading would open trades all over the place... Is there a solution??

They have changed the general impact of AutoTrading button. The stupid thing (AutoTrading button) now automatically disables the allow live trading option in trading options - it does not control only the experts advisors now but all the order operations. And that way they limited the way how you can use scripts too. No solution for that (even if you enable it in options, it will be disabled if you uncheck the AutoTrading button)

Files:
autotrading.gif  17 kb

checkin:
They have changed the general impact of AutoTrading button. The stupid thing (AutoTrading button) now automatically disables the allow live trading option in trading options - it does not control only the experts advisors now but all the order operations. And that way they limited the way how you can use scripts too. No solution for that (even if you enable it in options, it will be disabled if you uncheck the AutoTrading button)

I was unable to trade with EA's at ELEX but it was fixed same day.

Reason: