FORTS SL and TP - page 3

-Aleks-:

I'm confused, in a situation, about how to make it through the stops:

1. When the price reaches the stop level, the position is closed on the market

2. When the price reaches the stop level, the position is closed only at the set price

The thing is that stops (profits) are not placed in the trading system, they are stored in the system as follows

on the server. Therefore stop (profit) orders are limit orders, which must be executed

At the price specified by you (SL, TP). However, in case of a strong market movement, an order from the server may not be able to be executed at the price you have specified.

Orders may not be able to be filled at the price you set in your orders, and you will be filled at a worse price.

A worse price.

prostotrader:

The thing is that stops (profits) are not placed in a trading system, but are stored

on the server. Therefore stop (profit) orders are limit orders, which should be executed at a price specified by you (SL, TP).

at the price specified by you (SL, TP). But the order from the server might not be executed in case of a strong market movement.

Orders may not be able to be filled at the price you set in your orders, and you will be filled at a worse price.

A worse price.

You are mixing things up, I think I am confused.

If I want to close by myself, I put a limit in the market - here the closing will be only at my price, but it needs a GO (in Kvik it is so).

If I want to close by myself - will it close at market price (at appropriate depth of market, if there is no volume) or the same as for setting a pending order?

-Aleks-:

You're mixing things up, I think I'm confused.

If I want to close myself, then I put a limit in the market - then the close will only be at my price, but it requires a GO (this is how it is in Quicksilver).

If I want to inform broker that he should close when it reaches the price - will it close at market (at appropriate depth of the pick, if there is no volume) or the same as for independent placing of a pending order?

There is no confusion.

If you specify a price, the order should be executed at your price,

If you specify a market price, the order will be executed at the market price.

The liquidity in the market must be controlled by you.

Do not forget that even when you close a position, the SE may be recalculated.

SL and TP - a mechanism where the server monitors the situation, if the SL and/or TP is not set, then

You must monitor the position yourself.

prostotrader:

There is no confusion.

If you specify a price, the order should execute at your price,

If you specify a market price, it will be executed at the market price.

It is up to you to control the liquidity in the market.

Do not forget that even when you close a position, the SE may be recalculated.

SL and TP - the mechanism where the server monitors the situation, if the SL and/or TP is not set, then

You have to monitor the position yourself.

So I don't understand where the setting about how the stops will be worked out (SL and/or TP) - by market or fixed price.

-Aleks-:

So I don't know where the setting is for the stops to be triggered (SL and/or TP) - market or fixed price.

There is no such setting.

prostotrader:

There is no such setting.

Can't this be set up programmatically (MQL) as well?

-Aleks-:

This cannot be set up programmatically (MQL), right?

All orders on the FORTS are divided into

Market (has no price, or rather the price is the maximum (minimum) possible price for the instrument. Setting the price=0, the terminal will change it to max/min possible price depending on the trade direction)

Limit orders (have a fixed price) but are executed as a market order and do not remain in the book.

Pending order - this is a limit order (fill type RETURN), but it stays in the market window until its full execution or until it is removed.

Once the order is placed you cannot change its type (from limit order to market order, for example).

Therefore it is up to you to monitor the position and send the order of the correct type.

prostotrader:

All orders on the FORTS are divided into

Market (has no price, or rather the price is the maximum (minimum) possible price for the instrument. Setting the price=0, the terminal will change it to max/min possible price depending on the trade direction)

Limit orders (have a fixed price) but are executed as a market order and do not remain in the book.

Pending order - this is a limit order (fill type RETURN), but it stays in the market window until its full execution or until it is removed.

Once the order is placed you cannot change its type (from limit order to market order, for example).

Therefore, in your case, you should monitor the position yourself and send the correct order type.

I am aware of the order types - we are talking about Take Profit and Stop Loss, so the question is whether the broker can specify what to do when the price is reached - to close to the market or to keep a fixed closing price.

prostotrader:

All orders on FORTS are divided into

Limit orders (have a fixed price) but are executed as a market order and do not remain in the window.

Pending order - this is a limit order (type of filling RETURN), but it stays in the stack until its full execution or until its withdrawal.

There are only two types of orders: market (current execution) and pending (future execution).

There are several order types in the pending order group: limit, stop and stop-limit orders plus takeprofit and stoploss orders (stop orders that are linked to a position).

Limit orders are shown in the stack and are always executed at the requested price. Stop orders are executed in the market when the price touches/skips the requested price of the order.

Limit orders are placed on the exchange and stop orders are placed on the broker's server.

Yury Kulikov:

There are only two types of orders: market orders (execute now) and pending orders (execute in the future).

There are several types of pending orders: limit, stop and stop-limit orders, plus takeprofit and stoploss orders (stop orders that are linked to a position).

Limit orders are shown in the stack and are always executed at the requested price. Stop orders are executed in the market when the price touches/skips the requested price of the order.

The limit orders are placed on the exchange and the stop orders are placed on the server of the broker.

I read the terminal help :)

But, there is also a little note.

В режиме биржевого исполнения цена, указываемая при выставлении лимитных ордеров, не проверяется.
Ее можно указать выше текущей цены Ask (для ордеров на покупку) и ниже цены Sell (для ордеров на продажу).
При выставлении ордера с такой ценой он практически сразу срабатывает и превращается в рыночный.
Однако в отличие от рыночных ордеров, где трейдер фактически соглашается на сделку по неуказанной текущей рыночной цене,
лимитный ордер будет исполнен по цене не худшей, чем указанная.

So a limit order is not a pending order.

It's just that the developers of the help are primarily relying on the order setting options made by the developers.

For reference:

In the Plaza II specification, there is no such classification as a market, limit or pending order at all.

The classification according to the execution method (MQL)

FutAddOrder method - Add order (p. 103 - 104 in the attached file)

- The type field may take the following values:

Plaza II MQL

1 quotation order (remains in the queue after the partial information) - RETURN (pending order, since it may not be executed immediately)

2 opposite order (removed after the auction) - IOC (market or limit order)

3 Fill-or-Kill order - FOK (market or limit order)

A market order is the same as a limit order, only with a minimum/maximum execution price for the current instrument.

I have classified the orders according to the exchange standard with reference to the terms mentioned in the terminal and editor manuals.

Files:
p2gate_ru.zip  741 kb
Reason: