Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 62

mladen:
Good That means that people are paying attention what is posted at this thread

Hmmmm, I thought you would be angry ...

checkin:
Hmmmm, I thought you would be angry ...

Why should I?

People are warned of existing errors here and if they accepted and saw that those are real errors then the purpose of my posts was done.

mladen:
Why should I? People are warned of existing errors here and if they accepted and saw that those are real errors then the purpose of my posts was done.

OK. That makes sense

I am reading this announcement and the posts at this thread. Read the posts at ,etaquotes. And still can not get the answer to one question : why are they making a "new" metatrader 4? I see no sense in all that

nbtrading:
I am reading this announcement and the posts at this thread. Read the posts at ,etaquotes. And still can not get the answer to one question : why are they making a "new" metatrader 4? I see no sense in all that

From a business point of view, it is logical (you can not sell the same old thing over and over). But it must be done properly and not the "tomorrow we make a new version" way. They need to have a constant development (not maintenance when they are correcting existing problems, but development when they are constantly developing new features) and metatrader never had that.

So, now when they want a "new" version in order to be able to sell again, they have to do the whole job in a very short time and that will end in a whole lot of errors and, in the end, it will "promote" metatrader as an unreliable and risky trading platform to use. No need to tell what will that do to metatrader in the end if they do not correct their "market attitude"

They have a lot to correct and the time is short. Not even init and deinit are called always as they should (according to bug reports on Russian part of the forum).

mladen:
From a business point of view, it is logical (you can not sell the same old thing over and over). But it must be done properly and not the "tomorrow we make a new version" way. They need to have a constant development (not maintenance when they are correcting existing problems, but development when they are constantly developing new features) and metatrader never had that. So, now when they want a "new" version in order to be able to sell again, they have to do the whole job in a very short time and that will end in a whole lot of errors and, in the end, it will "promote" metatrader as an unreliable and risky trading platform to use. No need to tell what will that do to metatrader in the end if they do not correct their "market attitude"

You mean they are simply inventing changes in order to make something "new"?

nbtrading:
You mean they are simply inventing changes in order to make something "new"?

It is what all the companies do : see iPhone as just one example (how many unnecessary versions were made in the last couple of years?). That is simply what companies do to keep the appearance that something new is happening.

But the problem is not that. The problem is when those changes are done hastily and without a plan. I am not blaming metatrader for making a new metatrader 4 (why not when all those companies do that same thing). What metatrader does wrong is no support for users at all and making their trading platform riskier and riskier to use (even without the broker side "adjustments")

OK. Thanks

ok...few weeks passed-( Big changes for MT4, in a FEW WEEKS)...what's now?

Reason: