REQ HA Offline Chart - page 3

Interesting comparison of XO applied to :

Regular chart :

Heiken ashi chart :

Files:
ha_off_1.gif  62 kb
ha_off_2.gif  65 kb

Something like this (the smoothed version) but it is still being tested (with this new metatraded it is never enough of testing, and checking and re-checking - you can never be sure that something is without problems)

Files:
ha_off_3.gif  60 kb

HA Offline Chart

This is an indicator that generates smoothed heiken ashi offline charts : ha_smoothed_offline_3.01_nmc.ex4

As a curiosity : upper is regular chart with XO (that is not a multi time frame XO), middle is "simple" heiken ashi with same settings XO and lowest is heiken ashi smoothed chart again with the same XO settings indicator

Files:

how do i use those indi?

should i opend an offine chart? like renko

dasssi:
how do i use those indi? should i opend an offine chart? like renko

dasssi

Yes. Like any offline chart (see what is written in the timeframe parameter - or what you have specified there) and open symbol+that time frame as an offline chart

mladen:
dasssi Yes. Like any offline chart (see what is written in the timeframe parameter - or what you have specified there) and open symbol+that time frame as an offline chart

the indi is Freezing my terminal Is it just me?

dasssi:
the indi is Freezing my terminal Is it just me?

dasssi

What time frame are you trying to use?

You can not set any "legal" time frame in the time frame field. As for any other offline chart, the "timeframe" is a pseudo time frame that has to be used for unique identification of the produced offline chart and it must not be one of those "legal" time frames. Do not use time frames like 1,5,15,30,60.... and all will be OK

Also, do not use two instances of the indicator with a same "timeframe". In that case there will be two indicators trying to write to the same file and that can cause any kind of problems

I would love to be able to name it anyway we want, but in that case not a single EA not a single indicator that depends on an exact (existing) name of a symbols would not work, so I decided not to change the symbols name

Please, set the time frames as described and you shall see that all works OK. I am using 3,4 instances from the same chart with different time frames with no problem at all

Files:

PS: just one remark - if someone is using the "smoothed" version, by setting both smooth periods to 1 it in effect makes a regular Heiken ashi (so the smoothed version is a kind of 2-in-1 : it can generated the regular heiken ashi as well as any combination of smoothed heiken ashi)

This post is making me very unhappy to post

First of all the previous version was constantly causing errors in database files (3 bars at a time). This version posted here does not cause any error at all any more. The difference : I HAVE REPLACED THE BLOODY iMAOnArray() and iMA() functions with my own functions. The conclusion : new metatrader built in averages are ... Conclusion : unfortunately, but we can not trust even so basic functions like a simple moving average from this new metatrader 4 any more. We have to write everything for ourselves

Anyway, here is the correct version : ha_smoothed_offline_3.02_nmc_1.ex4

Files:

Just one addition :

Since there is a lot of confusion with some things happening with this new metatrader 4 (like that error with the build in moving averages), one thing that must be told : whoever bought that, will receive an updated version free of charge. I am already working on an even newer version and that version will be available to those that bought it free of charge (just drop me a PM and an original email with a link to the bought indicator that you have received from TSD, and it will be solved)

Sorry for the confusion, but I could never in my wildest dreams guess that built in averages can cause errors as they did

Reason: