News Reader Indicator! - page 6

sebastianK:
Why can't it be done? As i see TSD is keeping data for past calendars

just as easy to do it manually with FF Calender

you could also try this site

Forex Charts | Economic Indicators | Economic News | SMS Mobile News and Price Alerts

mladen:
Because an expression like this : iTime(NULL,PERIOD_W1,0) returns wrong date in back test (almost all time related functions are working wrong in back tester - back tester in its current state is useless in a lot of cases)

Backtesting is the last thing they will take care of

First the magazines and VPSs

whisperer:
Backtesting is the last thing they will take care of First the magazines and VPSs

I don't know what is their first concern, but backtesting some things is really difficult in visual mode due to many functions working improperly in visual mode (which excludes a lot of indicators testing - not all - but any using some of those functions - in visual backtesting)

It is a pity since one tool that was useful, is useless now in many cases and whatever we do, till they correct the errors in metatrader, it will stay so. We can not write functions replacements just to find out tomorrow that our functions will stop working because of some new "change"

Found one post today there regarding backtests. Here is a partial quote :

However it is working well on real environment. So actually there is discrepency of indexing between the tester environment and trading environment. That mean if your EA is using different time frame than tested time frame, then the testing resut is just crap.

And that is not the first time they have been notified.

whisperer:
Found one post today there regarding backtests. Here is a partial quote : And that is not the first time they have been notified.

Unfortunately, they are having serious errors (I am not going to use word problems related to things like that any more) when it comes to some built in functions and those functions can cause any of your code work wrongly (even the ones compiled with build 509 that were working correctly before). So be careful guys, since with newer builds nothing is sure and nobody can guarantee you that something is working correctly (regardless of the correctness of the code)

mladen:
Unfortunately, they are having serious errors (I am not going to use word problems related to things like that any more) when it comes to some built in functions and those functions can cause any of your code work wrongly (even the ones compiled with build 509 that were working correctly before). So be careful guys, since with newer builds nothing is sure and nobody can guarantee you that something is working correctly (regardless of the correctness of the code)

Unfortunately it is so. Now I always have to double check everything before opening an order : before I was at least sure that indicators were working Ok, now I am not any more

NewsEngine indicator

Hi,

Is there anyone who is interested in testing my news indicator ?

Regards

Johan

Files:

mladen:
Missed this post

Here is the Forext TSD news reader that is compatible with the new builds of metatrader 4. It should work OK regardless of the "/portable" switch (it should not matter at all where your data is stored).

PS: in case if someone notices some issues with the way how it is executed, please let me know. It was tested on builds 610, 613 and 614 but with these new metatrader 4 builds one never knows

Mladen, I've noticed an issue with the NewsReader. Sometimes it does weird things like not showing or deinitializing without any reason. For example I loaded on two different charts (same pair, but different timeframe) and the second one was just not showing up. I had to restart the platform for it to work properly on both chart. It doesn't happen often, and when closing and restarting the terminal, it sems to works properly after that, but this got me worried if I'd like to use it to filter an indicator or EA... Anyone has noticed this issue also ? Could you have a look ? Thanks a lot.

airquest:
Mladen, I've noticed an issue with the NewsReader. Sometimes it does weird things like not showing or deinitializing without any reason. For example I loaded on two different charts (same pair, but different timeframe) and the second one was just not showing up. I had to restart the platform for it to work properly on both chart. Anyone has noticed this issue also ? Could you have a look ? Thanks a lot.

airquest

Tested it on 3 different charts and 3 different symbols - all seems to be working OK (see the update times too - all were updated independently)

A silly question : was dll import enabled on all instances? If yes, can you check the log files if there was some error written?

PS: tested it on build 745

Files:
tsd.gif  150 kb

mladen:
airquest

Tested it on 3 different charts and 3 different symbols - all seems to be working OK (see the update times too - all were updated independently)

A silly question : was dll import enabled on all instances? If yes, can you check the log files if there was some error written?

PS: tested it on build 745

Yeah, I know, maybe it's my terminal, not sure. It doesn't happen often, just happened once this afternoon when I first loaded the indicator. I've got only these error on my log file : Gyazo - 9127fb049bfebdc3d7c8852834bb0d5f.png. And yes, DLL were allowed. I guess it's my terminal losing connection, so sorry if it is .

Reason: