Metatrader known bugs ... - page 25

I have noticed that some indicators using #property strict simply delete off the chart if the Monthly time frame is selected. Is this platform getting more and more unstable or what? On further investigation it appears that if the number of bars set in the indicator is greater than the number of actual bars available on the chart the indicator simply deletes.

Metatader does not work properly with multi time frame in visual back test any more.

Attaching the example that will explain all when attached to a visual back test. Strict or no strict, does not matter. As far as I remeber it was fixed at some stage, but now in build 628, it does not work as it should again

One more present from metatrader

I am waiting and waiting to hear that something was improved in new metatrader 4

Instead all I hear is that it is worse with each new build. Not good at all

on my own:
I am waiting and waiting to hear that something was improved in new metatrader 4 Instead all I hear is that it is worse with each new build. Not good at all

Lol, the OOP stuff is working quite well. For me the rate of re-using code is much higher than before, and I can easily test code snippets like I could not in 509-. The bad news is, that I had to code a basic OOP framework (worth 3 man-month work), because MQs supplied only simple and ill-designed wrappers around built-in commands rather than support for basic design patterns.

New metatrader 4 still does not work OK with labels

I have been watching how it moves a label on the chart which was supposed to have a fixed position (and was, as far as code is concerned, since the x and y values for the upper right corner did not change). This happened in build 633 so it still did not solve all the issues they had with labels

Guys,

In build 633 they have changed how the strings within the labels are anchored. It works now completely differently than in build 628 or earlier. "Thanks" metatrader for having to rewrite the code again

mladen:
Guys, In build 633 they have changed how the strings within the labels are anchored. It works now completely differently than in build 628 or earlier. "Thanks" metatrader for having to rewrite the code again

But the improved how can you read the sample pages of magazines :):)

Soon we are going to be able to read playboy there too (how bunnies are trading forex )

checkin:
But the improved how can you read the sample pages of magazines :):) Soon we are going to be able to read playboy there too (how bunnies are trading forex )

They probably find it funny, but why is an instance from another broker updated after update from metatrader? Isn't that brokers discretion to update? That is a complete BS. When did metatrader became the one that is distributing brokers platforms that are, by the way, bought and payed for. How can metatrader replace that what a broker decided to use, with soomething completely unreliable? Am I missing something or a broker s a broker and metatrader is a software developer (or it should be)? OR metatrader considers all those brokers as their own?

Here is a bit from hi-tec conversation with the help desk.

Files:

Did they try to explain to you how you have to push a button on the PC to turn it on?

That is what they think of "us and them" : for them we are a bunch of morons that are asking questions that should not be asked.

When I asked obce why one of the perfectly legal windows API functions is not stored correctly by new metatrader ex4 file (it stored an empty string with correct length - which obviously meant that metatrder side either blanked the result as a result of their paranoia, or that they are again unable to handle even the simple strings - since that same function worked perfectly just one build ago) in new metatrader 4 the answer was : "Why do you want to use it when it works wrong?" Windows API function that works for years and tears is working wrong? The guy did not even stop to think what moronic question he asked me

That is the way how they think problems are solved : say anything. Someone will believe that they know what are they talking about. And now this last "thing" is the result of such a "scientific" approach to trading platform development

Reason: