Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 136

It seems they have cut out the test server, keeping only the demo up. I did not receive a tick from the Test since March 28.

It probably means they will feed us only with the official updates.

Ovo:
It seems they have cut out the test server, keeping only the demo up. I did not receive a tick from the Test since March 28. It probably means they will feed us only with the official updates.

Yes, they have shut down the test server.

It seems that they consider the testineg period over

Yep. They have closed the test server. All is milk and honey now

Another issue I have had which has resurfaced is problems with the GBPUSD charts, earlier on for some reason MTF indicators did not work on GBPUSD H1 charts but worked on all the other time frames? who knows why? now I have been testing a button based on chart EA on a GBPUSD chart, it can enter trades but not close trades and yet the EA works on other currencies but not GBPUSD, in fact when attempting to close GBPUSD trades the EA closed random trades on other pairs but refuses to Close trades on the GBPUSD chart?

I have tested an EA on EURUSD that I used to trade successfully on a Live account which uses multipal Trailing Pending orders and now the trading logic is no longer followed in fact the trade entries at times appear to be totally at random. This EA has been traded successfully over a long period of time now with the build 600 series I would not trust it at all.

I would suggest that although MetaQuotes tell us that the old ex4 EA files will work and largely that is true what they are not telling us is they will not work the way they used to ( even when converted to the 600 builds ), I suspect due to some fundemental changes in the way trades are now handled?

Has anyone else experienced similar issues or is it just me? From my experience so far it gives me little confidence in the new MT4 as a platform I would use for Live trading. In fact its really frustrating using it as a test bed for new code as you don't know what is going to happen next, MetaEditor has a mind of its own at times, random platform lock ups and crashes etc etc etc.

MT4 is build for brokers ( as they are the one to pay for it ) and NOT for traders, the fact is for every EA or strategy built in MT4 there is a server plugin developed to counter it.

Not to sound pessimistic , but one should be careful trading MT4 experts

All I will say this time that these last builds are unstable, unpredictable and are not helping at all in coding. Some of the worse coding environments I have seen so far - error handling is miserable if you do not use strict (but even then, in a lot, lot of cases it will leave you clueless what is going on with errors - you will have to do a guessing game)

MiniMe:
MT4 is build for brokers ( as they are the one to pay for it ) and NOT for traders, the fact is for every EA or strategy built in MT4 there is a server plugin developed to counter it. Not to sound pessimistic , but one should be careful trading MT4 experts

I agree

+ right now metatrader execution of old ex4 files is not what they have promised - it is not the same as in the old builds

Just to point out one big change between build 509 and new metatarder :

If you are using FileSeek() or FileClose() functions in your code, in build 509 (and earlier) they used to return a boolean value. Now they are void type (no return value at all). And it seems that even when you build the ex4 file using old build of metatrader 4, it will work "the new way" if you run it in new metatrader 4

So, if you use those, a rewriting of a code is a must

PS: new thing that new metatrader 4 is doing is planting files in the webinstall folder without any need to update the current build that you have (my current build is 628), but is there to update older versions if you are still using those (that way it did not update my new build at all today, but when I ran the build 509 to compare some things, it did the usual number). Always check webinstall folder if you are running build 509 and new builds. And always have a copy of old version

After deleting the files from webinstall and copying back the build 509, all works OK (now no attempt to update the build 509)

More evidence that MT4 treats itself as malware and will install things on your computer without permission.

Reason: