Metatrader known bugs ... - page 46

Also reported problems with FileWriteStruct() when used from library (meaning : some offline charts will not work)

The list is getting longer and longer

Alert() and PlaySound() are not working in visual back test any more. They are redirected to a journal (log file) now

marvelous

just when you think Metatrader could nt get any worse, it gets worse

its been fairly obvious since MT5 they don't really want traders testing manual strategy's and would rather most to use EAs instead

where their friends the brokers have control

but a bit of a low act to disable alerts on MT4s strategy tester

by the end of 2014 Metaquotes will of completed their changes to a full non functioning platform

It takes to be smart to make even a full non-functioning platform. They can make only something in-between

Was sitting and looking at 1 minute chart and then it happened : at one moment, the current bar simply disappeared, and then at a nex tick it came back. And it happened a couple of times. Probably up to a broker, but ... I do not like that they can falsify data whenever they want

A bug with histogram and colors : if the width of histogram is greater than 1 then trying to set the color of the historgram to none (to hide it) does not hide it but draws it in black color (like on the example). When setting the width to 1, it works OK

Files:
histo_bug.gif  77 kb

Dear All,

I just want to inform that may be I found another error or bug in MT4 at GlobalVariableGet/GlobalVariableSet...

It seem that among the many only 1 of the GV does not change it's value during update... you got to replace(copy and paste other GV) and edit it back...

yours truly

AZRUL....

Files:

12BPRO:
Dear All,

I just want to inform that may be I found another error or bug in MT4 at GlobalVariableGet/GlobalVariableSet...

It seem that among the many only 1 of the GV does not change it's value during update... you got to replace(copy and paste other GV) and edit it back...

yours truly

AZRUL....

Are you using a correct name of the global variable for updating the value?

mladen:
Are you using a correct name of the global variable for updating the value?

Dear SIR MLADEN,

I am pretty sure SIR... the thing is it happen every time I edited the Indicator...

But it happen on different GV Name.... that why I am very sure....

yours truly

AZRUL...

mladen:
A bug with histogram and colors : if the width of histogram is greater than 1 then trying to set the color of the historgram to none (to hide it) does not hide it but draws it in black color (like on the example). When setting the width to 1, it works OK

This is actually an old bug. It used to happen all the time in pre 600 builds when setting the indicator to clr_none; it would draw in black. I guess they cannot distinguish between CLR_NONE and Black which have the same rgb value of 0. This is why I have chosen to use black as the chart background.

Reason: