DSS3 :an scalping system - page 25

Hi ChicagoRob,

I am not using timefilter.

My settings for timefilter is the following:

UseHourTrade = false;

FromHourTrade = 8;

ToHourTrade = 19;

Yes, I agree - EA may be more profitable with timefilter.

If you use timefilter so Alpari NZ is on GMT +3, and IBFX is on GMT + 0.

It means, what 8 hour bar for Alpari = 5 hour same bar for IBFX.

It means:

from 8 to 19 for Alpari = from 5 to 16 for IBFX

25% modeling?

It is maximum modelling quality in case you are backtesting on M1.

chrisstoff:
Well, I checked D1 time frame Ichimoku chart with the standard 9-26-52 settings and founded that the cloud changed bearish on 4th May then changed back to bulish just today, 23rd September. I think you use different Ichimoku settings on D1. Would you mind sharing your Ichimoku settings please?

I have same settings for D1 (9-26-52).

I was talking about the price crossed the border of the cloud on 21st of August to start bullish primary trend.

And the cloud will change the color on 3rd of October (this "future" was changed from 1st to 3rd when market was opened).

Yes, the cloud will change the color to bullish trend but who knows ... it is the future and future may be changed any time.

For now I see only that bullish is primary trend and correction is going on as secondary trend. It is not bearish going for the past 2 or 3 days, it is just correction after bullish. What will we have after correction? bearish or bullish? no idea for now.

Files:

About this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181242/page16 which I made yesterday:

The price is between 2 support/resistance lines for now:

Those levels can be breakout/breakdown levels for possible pending orders placed:

1.2997 level for buy stop trade level

and

1.2970 for sell stop trade level

Note: I am suggesting to make few pips distance from those levels.

and

Please note - market was not reversed to downtrend yet so it may be good to close the trade at 1,2925 anyway (because we should keep some distance between s/r levels and our trading levels anyway) with stop loss somewhere at 1.2997 or 1.3010 for example.

Will, it works. But breakdown level is 1.2972 instead of 1.2970, and take profit level was 1.2927 instead of 1.2925. Two pips different Because those levels were changed by 2 pips when the market was opened.

Anyway, it is about 50 pips in profit made by forecasting by yesterday for today's morning.

Files:

newdigital:
I have same settings for D1 (9-26-52).

I was talking about the price crossed the border of the cloud on 21st of August to start bullish primary trend.

And the cloud will change the color on 3rd of October (this "future" was changed from 1st to 3rd when market was opened).

Thank you again for your reply NewDigital.

Interestingly enough, I cannot remodel your Ichimoku chart on D1 with standard settings. You can see on the image below that price just closed above the Kumo on 21st of August and the cloud turned bullish yesterday (23 September) instead of 3rd of October.

The screenshot was taken from an ActivTrades chart, their time is GMT+2, I presume your broker time is GMT+3. Can this 1 hour difference make such a big difference in Ichimoku cloud?

No idea sorry ...

Alpari NZ had the best datafeed in past and that is why I am using this broker for the analysis. May be - their datafeed is good for now too. As I see - data for FXCM is good for now as well.

As to ActivTrades so no idea ... Ichimoku cloud is related to the price/data (and to the quality of the data)

You can try to download more data for D1 on the chart:

In Metatrader - Tools - History Center - find EURUSD - double mouse click on EURUSD, double mouse click on Daily (D1)

After that - open EURUSD D1 chart, right mouse click on any place of the chart and select Refresh

You can see in Terminal window (Journal tab) about how many bars were loaded to the chart from the history.

Same explanation with images is on post 4 and 5 of this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181256

Thanks !

mrtools:
This is an improvement of DSS Ichi Ea suggested by Gutor, if working right it should only open trades is for a buy if tenkan greater than kijun and kijun and tenkan both out of kumo cloud, then if stochastic oversold but leaving oversold.Sells the opposite. With the Ichimoku filter you can choose 2 different timeframes also now with the Ichimoku there is still different time frames to choose but also possibility to use different settings, so maybe can use the larger settings as Newdigital to emulate a higher timeframe and maybe the standard settings for current timeframe your chart is set on. Also there is a stoch close installed that is hopefully better than the one that was in the first DSS Ichi. Everything else is the same.

Thank you, starting today we pass the test to see how it goes.

chrisstoff:
... and the cloud turned bullish yesterday (23 September) instead of 3rd of October. The screenshot was taken from an ActivTrades chart, their time is GMT+2 ...

I just checked IBFX D1 chart and I saw that cloud turned bullish in 21st of September (on Friday).

So, I think it is related to the broker time (GMT +0, or GMT +2, or GMT +3 for example).

newdigital:
I just checked IBFX D1 chart and I saw that cloud turned bullish in 21st of September (on Friday). So, I think it is related to the broker time (GMT +0, or GMT +2, or GMT +3 for example).

NewDigital,

Yes, it looks like the broker time differences influence Ichimoku D1 chart significantly. I would never have thought there could be such relevant differences.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Hi ND

As far as I understand market state evaluation is key to the mint am I correct?If so, I dont mean to spoon fed but can you give more examles with ichomuku?You are using Absolute strength from elite as well is that right?Thank you.

yes, market condition evaluation is the key for any manual trading system.

As to indicator so there are some links:

- market condition evaluation (incl choppy zones) and prediction using MTF_AbsoluteStrength_v1 indicator: original thread with indicators, live trading results and images; how to use indicator (rules): read all the pages starting from this page till this one.

- signal/histogram version of MTF_AbsoluteStrength indicator with exact rules to estimate the market condition: indicator and links to the post are on this page.

Reason: