Possible to get Footprint chart in Metatrader 5 or Metatrader 4??

Hello, I am new to this platform. Been searching around for ways to get footprint chart or some form of number bars to display the chart, instead of the typical candlesticks.

Does anyone have experience in achieving this? Much appreciated!

Jilly:Hello, I am new to this platform. Been searching around for ways to get footprint chart or some form of number bars to display the chart, instead of the typical candlesticks. Does anyone have experience in achieving this? Much appreciated!

Even though MetaTrader 5 does have some depth-of-market and order-book capabilities for some symbols and certain brokers, its origin and main focus has been Forex and CFDs where Footprint charts are not possible.

So, if you do find anything in the Market section or even as CodeBase publications, then it will be a very rare thing indeed. I certainly have never seen one on MetaTrader before.

Alright, thank you. This makes sense, seeing it was nearly impossible to find anything worth using free of charge at least

But would  that be even possible? I mean, as far as I can understand … if we are on the same broker… if you are selling and I’m buying… I’m not buying from you, I’m buying from the broker, and you are selling to the broker… is more like a dealing desk isn’t it? So that information will not be available to the platform ( true volume I mean) …. I guess… 

Depends on the symbol you are trading. If you trade a the ES Future or another future of CBOT, then a broker can provide full information of market depth (limit orders) and market buys and sells (market orders) ... stop market will be transformed to market and stop limit to limit, if they trigger.

But if you trade a symbol which is traded "over the counter", like forex, then the information can only be very limited.

Jilly:

Hello, I am new to this platform. Been searching around for ways to get footprint chart or some form of number bars to display the chart, instead of the typical candlesticks.

Does anyone have experience in achieving this? Much appreciated!

I think you are searching for "order flow" indicators: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/mt5?filter=order%20flow
MQL5 Market: MetaTrader 5
MQL5 Market: MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
A Market of Applications for the MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4
Reason: