DSS3 :an scalping system - page 18

That can happen in 2 cases :

- it (the indicator) is called from iCustom() (calling the indicator from another indicator, script or EA)

- you entered a too long value in the UniqueID field (metatrade limits the short name to 32 characters in total, if the short name - which is constructed from UniqueID too - is too long, then there is an error). Enter a shorter value in the UniqueID parameter and everything will be OK

bratcevdg:
Help writes such mistake: Double smoothed stochastic 2 EURUSD,M1: unknown subwindow number -1 for ObjectCreate function What doesn't suffice?

PS: regardless of that error code written, the indicator itself works correctly in both those cases (values are calculated and displayed correctly). The only thing that is not displayed is the colored zone in the middle. Also. it will not slow down the xecution of the indicator since that part of code is executed only once (on the first tick) all the other cases it works as usual (no slowing down at all)

mladen:
PS: regardless of that error code written, the indicator itself works correctly in both those cases (values are calculated and displayed correctly). The only thing that is not displayed is the colored zone in the middle. Also. it will not slow down the xecution of the indicator since that part of code is executed only once (on the first tick) all the other cases it works as usual (no slowing down at all)

yes i also got this error. but it runs well

Alert added

Added alert to the excellent Double smoothed stochastic 2 indicator.

New extern variables:

DoAlert

- If DoAlert = 1 then an alert comes when the indicator is in OverBougth or OverSold Zone and turns back, otherwise the indicator does not alarm.

MultiAlert

- If MultiAlert = 1 then it alerts at every tick until the close of the signal bar if the indicator is within the OB or OS Zone and turns back.

- If MultiAlert != 1 then the alert comes only once in one direction. In this case there should be an alert to the other direction before a new alert comes to the original direction.

E.g. if DoAlert = 1 and MultiAlert = 0 and the first alert is Buy, then a Sell alert has to come before another Buy signal comes whaterver happens in-between.

In the alert text you will see the Unique ID of the indicator which sent it out.

Ask for programming help

I tried to code an indicator which puts arrow and sends alert when all the three instances of Double smoothed stochastic 2 indicators are in over bought or over sold zone. Later I added XO to this indicator too to make it able to follow visually what DSS3_filtered EA (made and shared by MrTools - thank you MrTools) does and possibly to work out some alternate strategies.

I modified Stochastic_Cross_Alert_mod_STS indicator (Copyright © 2006, Robert Hill - thank you Robert) in the hope the modified indicator will do what I wanted from her. But the indicator does not work properly, I try to illustrate it on the images below:

The arrow is plotted three bars back to the close of 13:34 bar. In reality, all the three DSS indicators went below 20 at the close of 13:37 bar.

The alert came in due time: At the close of 13:37 bar all the three DSS3 indicator's values are below 20. (Pls see the next image too.)

At the close of 13:37 bar all the three DSS3 indicator's values are below 20.

Obviously, the last signal arrow is plotted three bars back, too.

Attached is the indicator. Any help for the correction (the alert and arrow should come at the same time, at the close of the signal bar) would be appreciated.

Hi Chrisstoff,

Nice work and thanks for your ideas this is your DSS Signal indicator, with XO Clean(true or false) and the Ma Filter(true or false) with arrows and alerts.

ps) you will still need Double smoothed stochastic2 and XO clean in your indicators folder for this to work.

Files:

Thank you, MrTools

mrtools:
Hi Chrisstoff,

Nice work and thanks for your ideas this is your DSS Signal indicator, with XO Clean(true or false) and the Ma Filter(true or false) with arrows and alerts.

ps) you will still need Double smoothed stochastic2 and XO clean in your indicators folder for this to work.

Hi MrTools,

Thank you for the help and the nice indicator! It is much appreciated.

I will study the code and test the indicator.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

DSS3_Signal

Hi MrTools,

Below please find a picture showing a buy signal of DSS3_Signal.mq4 indicator. The signal is perfect although it does not comply with the rules programmed in the indicator.

You can see that UseXoForEntry is 'True', XO clean value is -4 and in spite of these there is a buy signal.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

chrisstoff:
Hi MrTools,

Below please find a picture showing a buy signal of DSS3_Signal.mq4 indicator. The signal is perfect although it does not comply with the rules programmed in the indicator.

You can see that UseXoForEntry is 'True', XO clean value is -4 and in spite of these there is a buy signal.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Thanks Christoff will see if i can figure out what is going on with it.

This version working more like it should one thing I had to continually remind myself is once the indicator give a buy or sell arrow and alert it will stay buy mode or sell mode until it gets an opposite signal.

Files:
Reason: