Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 36

marcxa:
Hi Mladen,

I have been using your excellent TMACentred & Bands.

unfortunately, when i loaded it onto my 610 build i got a log file of 168m

filled as below. its freezing my mt4 terminal.

is it possible this is a problem the new build compatibility? my terminal is currently

at 610.

i very basic changes so the indy shows only the atr bands and saved/compiled

indy with a slightly different name but i cant believe what i have done has caused

the problems i am currently having.

below is just a tiny snapshot of the log file. it goes on and on!

please help if you can Mladen

many thanks in advanced if you can fix my problem.

cheers

m

01:30:49 TMAcentered_ Bands 2.01 EURJPY,M15: initialized

01:30:49 Custom indicator TMAcentered_ Bands 2.01 EURJPY,M15: loaded successfully

01:30:49 Custom indicator TMAcentered_ Bands 2.01 EURJPY,M15: loaded successfully

01:30:49 TMAcentered_ Bands 2.01 EURJPY,M15: deinitialized

01:30:49 TMAcentered_ Bands 2.01 EURJPY,M15: uninit reason 1

01:30:49 Custom indicator TMAcentered_ Bands 2.01 EURJPY,M15: removed

01:30:49 Bands EURJPY,M15: uninit reason 1

01:30:49 Custom indicator Bands EURJPY,M15: removed

01:30:49 Custom indicator Bands EURJPY,M15: loaded successfully

01:30:49 Bands EURJPY,M15: initialized

There is no problem in a new build compatibility, but in a new metatrader .

At my build (currently 617) it works OK, but there have been reported problems in all builds when you run a code that has a #property strict in it (which causes problems in other code running in the same chart). Maybe that is the case (I see that you have something named bands too at the same chart), but quite frankly have no idea why it does so : at this stage nobody knows why metatrader terminal does some things. Not even the developers (obviously) since they would have corrected the big errors they have

Attached a version with some additional array controls and with strict applied to this indicator too - try it out. Maybe it will work for you

mladen:
There is no problem in a new build compatibility, but in a new metatrader .

At my build (currently 617) it works OK, but there have been reported problems in all builds when you run a code that has a #property strict in it (which causes problems in other code running in the same chart). Maybe that is the case (I see that you have something named bands too at the same chart), but quite frankly have no idea why it does so : at this stage nobody knows why metatrader terminal does some things. Not even the developers (obviously) since they would have corrected the big errors they have

Attached a version with some additional array controls and with strict applied to this indicator too - try it out. Maybe it will work for you

Hi Mladen,

many many thanks for your prompt response, really appreciated.

i will try your new version and see. hopefully it will work.

i have also attached a copy of bands indy. if not too much trouble

please could you have a look see at it. silly of me not to upload with

tma.

thanks again for lookng at my problem your efforts are much appreciated.

cheers

marcxa

Files:
bands.mq4  3 kb

TMA slope indicator

At one request, here is a TMA slope 1.5 normalized compatible with new metatrader 4 : tmaslope.v1.5_normalized_nmc.mq4

Hi to all,

I have added 2 more bands (total 4 bands)to :

Triangular Ma Centered Bands -this one recalculed (repainted)

Tma channel end point -in fact Keltner channel with weighted moving average -this one does not repaint.

On the picture :you can see than the last points are the same .

If you set :coef =1 you have 2 bands only.

Regards.

Mladen,

sorry please ignore this post since I found your previous post after I post this... you may have already solved this.

[[[[ Please take a look at this indicator when you have time...

When I load it twice onto the same chart with different period number(one set to 48 and the other set to 12), the second one doesn't show the MTF reading, as shown in the attached pic.

Is there a way to fix it? Thank you. ]]]]

tmaslope.v1.5_normalized.mq4

Files:

mladen:
At one request, here is a TMA slope 1.5 normalized compatible with new metatrader 4 : tmaslope.v1.5_normalized_nmc.mq4

Ok dear Mladen,

I think this issue persists in your new version:

When I load it twice onto the same chart with different period number(one set to 48 and the other set to 12), the second one doesn't show the MTF reading, as shown in the attached pic.

Is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

wccmcd:
Ok dear Mladen,

I think this issue persists in your new version:

Is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

That indicator (which, by the way, is not my indicator, what I did is adjust the code for a new metatrader 4, I did not write it) was never able to show two instances of the indicator on the same chart (not even in the old metatrader 4). It simply was not written in that way

mladen:
That indicator (which, by the way, is not my indicator, what I did is adjust the code for a new metatrader 4, I did not write it) was never able to show two instances of the indicator on the same chart (not even in the old metatrader 4). It simply was not written in that way

ok, no big deal, thanks Mladen.

Updated centered triangular moving average with bands and alerts : triangularma_centered_envelope_mtfalerts_nmc.mq4

mladen:
Updated centered triangular moving average with bands and alerts : triangularma_centered_envelope_mtfalerts_nmc.mq4

hi Mladen,

many thanks for this update.

have been trying to use the TMAcenteered Bands 2.02 you previously looked at for me in strategy quant but all it does is hang my mt4 client.

hopefully this version will work ok.

i truly despair of the 600+ build. so many of my indys just dont work properly any more, if at all. and not being a coder there is absolutely nothing i can do except beg the kindness of coders such as yourself!

again, many thanks for the update.

cheers

m

Reason: