Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 32

Could someone explain to a novice programmer the way we actually go about the extrapolation for the non-repainting and repainting versions of the Centered TMA?

MLADEN mentions that in the non-repainting version, utilizing a LWMA. Does this mean that the LWMA is used starting at the most recent bar and building backwards over the missing data points?

What about the repainting version of the Centered TMA?

I have tried putting together both indicators for two other platforms I use, but have a hard time wrapping my head around the extrapolation part and how it builds the data.

Not wanting to beat a dead horse here, so if I overlooked where this was previously covered please let me know!

Dear mladen

Problem with Centered TMA_i-CA 2 (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241 poste-240) on the platform "build 604"... Can Yoy help,please...?

Thanks in advance

Files:
untitled.jpg  275 kb

gincius:
Dear mladen

Problem with Centered TMA_i-CA 2 (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241 poste-240) on the platform "build 604"... Can Yoy help,please...?

Thanks in advance

Gincius, made this version compatible with the new build.

mrtools:

mrtools, thanks for such a quick response.

First I want to thank Mladen for a wonderful indicator. I use the TMA end point channels allot but recently I was thinking that the upper and lower channels can also be used as support and resistance lines around a pivot. You can then check for confulence between these and regular S&R.

If you look at attached picture below I am using H1 chart and set period of indi (#TMA+Channel_End_Point) to 24 for daily then at start of new day I draw at A,B & C horizontal lines for pivot and S&R lines. Is there any way to change the TMA endpoint channel indicator so that it can draw these pivots for daily, weekly and monthly?

Thanks

Files:
gbpusdh1.png  26 kb

tradewiser:
First I want to thank Mladen for a wonderful indicator. I use the TMA end point channels allot but recently I was thinking that the upper and lower channels can also be used as support and resistance lines around a pivot. You can then check for confulence between these and regular S&R.

If you look at attached picture below I am using H1 chart and set period of indi (#TMA+Channel_End_Point) to 24 for daily then at start of new day I draw at A,B & C horizontal lines for pivot and S&R lines. Is there any way to change the TMA endpoint channel indicator so that it can draw these pivots for daily, weekly and monthly?

Thanks

tradewiser

Take some multi time frame Keltner channel that can use lwma for central line and that is it : end-pointed centered TMA is equal to lwma

mladen:
tradewiser Take some multi time frame Keltner channel that can use lwma for central line and that is it : end-pointed centered TMA is equal to lwma

ok, thanks Mladen

mrtools:

Thank U Mr.Tools since i'm newbie 2 years ago, i just explore this TMA, now i have a good result.. Thx U, for Mladen too

Dear Mladen,

Do you think the attached "TMA SLOPE" indicator can be added a shift function? I got this from Forex Factory. Thank you.

10.2_tma_slope_v.1.4b_4.30.mq4

wccmcd:
Dear Mladen,

Do you think the attached "TMA SLOPE" indicator can be added a shift function? I got this from Forex Factory. Thank you.

10.2_tma_slope_v.1.4b_4.30.mq4

wccmcd

Just one question first : what would be the purpose of a shit on an indicator that s already shifted (centered TMA is by default a TMA shifted by half period to the past (left) - that is the whole idea of "centering") and that recalculates (due to the extrapolation part of it)?

Reason: