Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 33

mladen:
wccmcd Just one question first : what would be the purpose of a shit on an indicator that s already shifted (centered TMA is by default a TMA shifted by half period to the past (left) - that is the whole idea of "centering") and that recalculates (due to the extrapolation part of it)?

Mladen,

Somehow I found the TMA SLOPE is not aligned to the PA... take a look at the attached pic. The white and blue lines on main chart are TMA bands. Below is the TMA slope. Maybe it's normal because of "centering"?

Files:
shift.png  59 kb

wccmcd:
Mladen,

Somehow I found the TMA SLOPE is not aligned to the PA... take a look at the attached pic. The white and blue lines on main chart are TMA bands. Below is the TMA slope. Maybe it's normal because of "centering"?

wccmcd

Slope is lesser and lesser as it gets closer to the peaks

Slope is the greatest between the peaks. Once when the momentum of the trend is lost, the slope must be smaller, and that is why the slope of a centered indicator is showing the greatest (smallest) values between the peaks. At the peak, it should be 0

mladen:
wccmcd

Slope is lesser and lesser as it gets closer to the peaks

Slope is the greatest between the peaks. Once when the momentum of the trend is lost, the slope must be smaller, and that is why the slope of a centered indicator is showing the greatest (smallest) values between the peaks. At the peak, it should be 0

Ah...now I understand why. Thanks Mladen. I think I never understand slope before. Thank you.

I also have another question: let's assume the distance between the slope peak and the current bar equals to the half length of the cycle period, then we can say bars left to the peak won't change anymore. and bars after the peak (to the right) will adjust by the current PA. If so far I'm right, then it'll be interesting: if we take a look at the bar right after the slope peak, it will adjust, but it won't change dramatically, compared to the current bar. Is that sort of indicative?

Not sure if I am on the right track, so please reply, thank you.

Files:
shift2.png  18 kb

wccmcd:
Ah...now I understand why. Thanks Mladen. I think I never understand slope before. Thank you.

I also have another question: let's assume the distance between the slope peak and the current bar equals to the half length of the cycle period, then we can say bars left to the peak won't change anymore. and bars after the peak (to the right) will adjust by the current PA. If so far I'm right, then it'll be interesting: if we take a look at the bar right after the slope peak, it will adjust, but it won't change dramatically, compared to the current bar. Is that sort of indicative?

Not sure if I am on the right track, so please reply, thank you.

wccmcd

Yes, you got it right

The further the bar is from the current bar the less it will adjust itself and after half period bars it will not change at all

mladen:
wccmcd

Yes, you got it right

The further the bar is from the current bar the less it will adjust itself and after half period bars it will not change at all

Mladen

Thank you for your reply.

So, if I move the slope's peak to the right, align it to the PA's peak, theoretically we can have "extra" half length of bars plotted on the slope's chart (assuming the market has only one cycle)... due to the complexity of the market condition we may not have an ideal indication that the PA will move with that "extra" half length bars' direction, but this "extra" thing still will give some directional indication... Am I right on this?

very good indicator

wccmcd:
Mladen

Thank you for your reply.

So, if I move the slope's peak to the right, align it to the PA's peak, theoretically we can have "extra" half length of bars plotted on the slope's chart (assuming the market has only one cycle)... due to the complexity of the market condition we may not have an ideal indication that the PA will move with that "extra" half length bars' direction, but this "extra" thing still will give some directional indication... Am I right on this?

wccmcd

If you move it half length to the right then you are going to get a slope of a regular TMA (not the centered one)

mladen:
wccmcd If you move it half length to the right then you are going to get a slope of a regular TMA (not the centered one)

Yes Mladen, what I wondered is the "extra" half length bars, after I move everything to the right, will that part will be some sort of "indicative" or "forecasting"?

wccmcd:
Yes Mladen, what I wondered is the "extra" half length bars, after I move everything to the right, will that part will be some sort of "indicative" or "forecasting"?

So, dear Mladen, I need your help to modify the TMA SLOPE, so that I can verify that... I know you probably think I am nuts and idiot, but please, don't hurt the curiosity...

wccmcd:
So, dear Mladen, I need your help to modify the TMA SLOPE, so that I can verify that... I know you probably think I am nuts and idiot, but please, don't hurt the curiosity...

Mladen,

I did some change in the code and it now can shift. I am doing some visual testing on the "indicative" guess now, and I will report to you later. (due to the recaculate nature the test have to be done by using future data so it will take some time). Thanks for your reply and help.

Reason: