Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 34

wccmcd:
Mladen, I did some change in the code and it now can shift. I am doing some visual testing on the "indicative" guess now, and I will report to you later. (due to the recaculate nature the test have to be done by using future data so it will take some time). Thanks for your reply and help.

Did you try using the slope of a "simple" TMA? The results should be the same

mladen:
Did you try using the slope of a "simple" TMA? The results should be the same

Mladen,

By saying "simple tma slope" are you talking about what so called "TMA True" slope?

wccmcd:
Mladen, By saying "simple tma slope" are you talking about what so called "TMA True" slope?

No

What is named "TMA true" is actually LWMA (linear weighted moving average) and has nothing in common with the triangular moving average at all (it is a huge misleading calling it a "TMA true"). I was talking about the real triangular moving average (like the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241)

mladen:
No What is named "TMA true" is actually LWMA (linear weighted moving average) and has nothing in common with the triangular moving average at all (it is a huge misleading calling it a "TMA true"). I was talking about the real triangular moving average (like the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241)

Mladen,

I got your point. By shift the centered TMA to the right I am back to the "regular" TMA, plus I extrapolated it with + 1 period LWMA. You are right on this, sigh...

But what I found is very interesting too -- at least for now, because I havn't tested it for long:

look at the picture you find two arrows (I already shifted the slope to the right), pointing to the same direction. And at a lot of time the price will reverse at slope's trough. Maybe not that precise but sooner or later it will. So the quesiton is, why the price movement will follow the extraplated bars? how much of possibilities it will follow that?

Files:
arrow.png  13 kb

wccmcd:
Mladen,

I got your point. By shift the centered TMA to the right I am back to the "regular" TMA, plus I extrapolated it with + 1 period LWMA. You are right on this, sigh...

But what I found is very interesting too -- at least for now, because I havn't tested it for long:

look at the picture you find two arrows (I already shifted the slope to the right), pointing to the same direction. And at a lot of time the price will reverse at slope's trough. Maybe not that precise but sooner or later it will. So the quesiton is, why the price movement will follow the extraplated bars? how much of possibilities it will follow that?

wccmcd

There is no exact way do determine the probability of extrapolation accuracy. Some researches are estimating that the ema extrapolation of the first bar is about 90% accurate, but the further the extrapolation is from the current bar, the faster the expected accuracy % will fall.

Centered TMA is using a sort of LWMA extrapolation so it would be somewhere bellow the expected EMA extrapolation

mladen:
wccmcd

There is no exact way do determine the probability of extrapolation accuracy. Some researches are estimating that the ema extrapolation of the first bar is about 90% accurate, but the further the extrapolation is from the current bar, the faster the expected accuracy % will fall.

Centered TMA is using a sort of LWMA extrapolation so it would be somewhere bellow the expected EMA extrapolation

That is great enough, Mladen.

The extrapolated bars is for directional use anyway, not for entry point. With the right direction in mind, we at least can reduce the chance of being chopped out by the market. Thank you very much for all your kindly reply.

wccmcd:
That is great enough, Mladen. The extrapolated bars is for directional use anyway, not for entry point. With the right direction in mind, we at least can reduce the chance of being chopped out by the market. Thank you very much for all your kindly reply.

Don't forget that the first extrapolated bar is not the current bar, but the bar that is half length away from the current bar - in extrapolation terms current bar of centered TMA is the last extrapolated bar - the furthest from the first extrapolated bar)

mladen:
Don't forget that the first extrapolated bar is not the current bar, but the bar that is half length away from the current bar - in extrapolation terms current bar of centered TMA is the last extrapolated bar - the furthest from the first extrapolated bar)

Exactly. Let's say a cycle with 15 bars' half length, the current bar is extrapolated by the bar which is 15 bars away to it's left... Am I right?

Is it possible to create a NRP version of the TMA+CG indicator?

40mitch:
Is it possible to create a NRP version of the TMA+CG indicator?

40mitch

It can be done either using the TMA (triangular moving average (which never recalculated - this whole confusion that someone caused by renaming centered TMA to TMA is becoming funny already) - not the centered triangular moving average) or it can be done the way described at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241

Reason: