Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 14

handy148:
When you refer to dominant cycle being 92 on EU are you referring to the ATR ??

Probably better for me to give you the link it was explained there

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178842

On post # 484 Pip gave some examples of different 7 different posts where the method was explained.

Thank you.

mrtools:
Hello TCT,

Made the Sma centered envelopes, some cosmetic changes made the sma centered multi colored, also now the upper and lower envelopes have separate deviation controls, hopefully to make a better fit. If 1 color for the sma centered is preferred just need to change the first 3 colors to the color desired.

Happy Holidays!

Hello mrtools,

I installed the SMA ce, but it doesn't look like it is MTF. On the M5 the outer bands aren't visible, and on the H4/D1/W1 the bands getting ever narrower. Do I need to change some of the settings for another TF?

greetings

Marcel

mdenriet

Everything is working OK in mrtools' version. On 5 minute chart you are simply getting outer bands out of the visible screen . Narrow the screen and you will see that they are there (or use narrower "deviation") as on the picture posting here.

From what I see mrtools actually used a percentage instead of deviation for bands (and that is why it seem s like it is narrower - you should use larger numbers for higher time frame) or the indicator should use different way of calculating bands

mdenriet:
Hello mrtools,

I installed the SMA ce, but it doesn't look like it is MTF. On the M5 the outer bands aren't visible, and on the H4/D1/W1 the bands getting ever narrower. Do I need to change some of the settings for another TF?

greetings

Marcel
Files:

Band with MTF

mladen:
Gustavo

Here is one version that is very easy to adapt to calculate centered TMA of any other indicator. Line 63 of the code goes like this :

for (i=limit; i>=0; i--) buffer1 = iRSI(NULL,0,RsiLength,RsiPrice,i);

Just replace the call to iRSI() with any other indicator (it can be iCustom() too) and it will calculate centered TMA of that indicator. This example calculates centered TMA of an RSI

Is it possible to add 'ATR adjusted band' like TMA centered 1.01 indicator and 'MTF' option in this indicator ?

Thanks

secretcode

ATR bands can not be added to that indicator. The reason is that ATR values are in completely different range of values (atr is in pips, while RSI is much higher values). For example you would have to multiply atr by 1 million for EURUSD in order to make it normally visible on RSI (and you would need to adjust that multiplier for each and every symbol and time frame - that would make it impossible to use that in a normal way)

secretcode:
Is it possible to add 'ATR adjusted band' like TMA centered 1.01 indicator and 'MTF' option in this indicator ? Thanks

mladen:
secretcode ATR bands can not be added to that indicator. The reason is that ATR values are in completely different range of values (atr is in pips, while RSI is much higher values). For example you would have to multiply atr by 1 million for EURUSD in order to make it normally visible on RSI (and you would need to adjust that multiplier for each and every symbol and time frame - that would make it impossible to use that in a normal way)

Thanks for info, was thinking you can do anything

Any other way to add bands on tma centered as shown in image

PS: shown images is completely different than the image is on my terminal

Files:
band.png  52 kb

RSI with cenetered TMA and deviation bands

secretcode

Try out this one. It uses standard deviation for bands

secretcode:
Thanks for info, was thinking you can do anything Any other way to add bands on tma centered as shown in image PS: shown images is completely different than the image is on my terminal

mladen:
secretcode Try out this one. It uses standard deviation for bands

:)

Thanks Mladen, it's wonderful

secretcode

Mladen

Is it possible to add MTF option in this indicators ?

Thanks

Reason: