Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 50

tomitom06:
Mladen, Mr. tools first of all i wish you happy new year and also your family. I red your TMA post but maybe i could not understand exactly because of my poor english. I understand that ,f tma is together with lwma, it will not repaint. Is that right?. If yes or no please could you advise me nrp tma on chart bands with nmc ? Regards

tomitom06

When people ask for "non repainting centered triangular moving average" the answer is that LWMA is the non repainting centered TMA. TMA itself (triangular moving average - the regular one, not the centred one) is non-repainting by itself already

mladen:
tomitom06 When people ask for "non repainting centered triangular moving average" the answer is that LWMA is the non repainting centered TMA. TMA itself (triangular moving average - the regular one, not the centred one) is non-repainting by itself already

Dear Mladen

this also is NRP I guess "TMA nrp"

Am I right?

Talaat

talaate:
Dear Mladen

this also is NRP I guess "TMA nrp"

Am I right?

Talaat

Talaat E

Yes. That is the "regular" triangular moving average. Does not repaint either

Hj MrGreat Mladen

Can you guide me to that indicator you mentioned about LWMA

Thanks

Talaat E

talaate:
Hj MrGreat Mladen

Can you guide me to that indicator you mentioned about LWMA

Thanks

Talaat E

Talaat E

Just take the built in moving average and chose linear weighted moving average for type. That is the non-repainting centered triangular moving average

mladen:
Talaat E Just take the built in moving average and chose linear weighted moving average for type. That is the non-repainting centered triangular moving average

Thanks Mladen, however, after I read your answer, please forgive me my stupidness.

Talaat E

mladen:
al_badaru Did you read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241

thanks so much for respond mladen.

i have question:

1. TMA not for signaling, so what for ? etc overbought/sold or what ?

2. how do you think about two line LWMA cross ? can that combine with TMA for signaling ?

3. why LWMA ? why not SMA / EMA ? is tha LWMA better ?

thanks for advice

sorry my poor english

best regard

al_badaru:

i have question:

2. how do you think about two line LWMA cross ? can that combine with TMA for signaling ?

thanks for advice

sorry my poor english

best regard

1 : TMA and centered TMA are not same thing. You are referring to centered TMA. To see what and how a centered TMA should be used best is to find this book : Amazon.com: Channels and Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurst (9780934380508): Brian J. Millard: Books (just one sentence from it : Brian Millard states that no average can be compared to it)

2. Linear weighted moving average (LWMA) is a rather fast moving average and that is why it is frequently used

3. There is no such thing as best moving average (except maybe for the "one more average" - OMA ). It is all up to how one uses the averages - the most used average us SMA 200 that is widely used for long term trend determination by a lot of professional traders - so even the simplest average can be used profitably

al_badaru:

i have question:

thanks for advice

sorry my poor english

best regard

Al_badaru, this is one example of using TMA Centered sort of in a way Hurst describes, with the cross being 50% of the move so on the daily chart, according to the Hurst writings(if i understand correctly) the bottom of this latest down move by EurUsd, should stall around 1.21215 +- 10%.

Files:
5x11_tma.png  90 kb

mladen:
1 : TMA and centered TMA are not same thing. You are referring to centered TMA. To see what and how a centered TMA should be used best is to find this book : Amazon.com: Channels and Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurst (9780934380508): Brian J. Millard: Books (just one sentence from it : Brian Millard states that no average can be compared to it)

2. Linear weighted moving average (LWMA) is a rather fast moving average and that is why it is frequently used

3. There is no such thing as best moving average (except maybe for the "one more average" - OMA ). It is all up to how one uses the averages - the most used average us SMA 200 that is widely used for long term trend determination by a lot of professional traders - so even the simplest average can be used profitably

thanks mladen for quick respon,,

1. i know TMA and centered TMA is different, hard to firead that book. but give me a little clue about how to use that (TMA / centered TMA) please...

2. Then, for SMA, what do you prefer SMA periods for mid-term (intraday) ?

3. Can you show me the best averages setting periods for cross two averages.

thanks so much mr mladen

you are the best

best regards

badaru

Reason: