Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 12

4 TF Cycle - TMA-Centered -End Point

Hi all,

The 4 time-frames Cycle TMA Centered End-point.

TMA True vs Keltner Channel

Thanks Mladen for the in depth explanation of TMA. I have been using a version of TMA true for quite some time and suspected it was an LWMA version of a Keltner channel rather than a triangular moving average. For which I am glad because I don't care for anything that repaints.

Interestingly I found a version of the Keltner Channel that lets you choose the type of moving average you want. When I set it to LWMA and using the same ATR and average settings as the TMA True I get nearly identical results with just subtle differences that are almost indistinguishable. Nevertheless they are slightly different and I haven't figured out why.

TMA True

Keltner with LWMA

tmatrue_with_distancesxx.mq4

keltner_channel.mq4

gcgman

As far as the central line (the so called "tmatrue " line) you should set the MaPeriod in Keltner channel to "eintHalfLength"+1, MaMethod to 3 and set the MaTrtShift to 0 and you will get exactly th same values. As far as Bands are concerned, atr calculation is shifted by 10 in "tmatrue" (it is kept from my original centered TMA channel but I doubt that they know why I did so) so the bands are not going to be the same unless you change the lines that have atr calculated like this

iATR( Symbol(), gintTF, eintAtrPeriod, inx+10 );[/PHP]

into this

[PHP]iATR( Symbol(), gintTF, eintAtrPeriod, inx );
gcgman:
Thanks Mladen for the in depth explanation of TMA. I have been using a version of TMA true for quite some time and suspected it was an LWMA version of a Keltner channel rather than a triangular moving average. For which I am glad because I don't care for anything that repaints.

Interestingly I found a version of the Keltner Channel that lets you choose the type of moving average you want. When I set it to LWMA and using the same ATR and average settings as the TMA True I get nearly identical results with just subtle differences that are almost indistinguishable. Nevertheless they are slightly different and I haven't figured out why.

TMA True

Keltner with LWMA

tmatrue_with_distancesxx.mq4

keltner_channel.mq4

Tma True Slope indicator

Files:

indicator to measure direction: TMA

Does anyone know if there is an indicator to measure direction of "TMA centered bands", ... I want to say which indicates the direction of "TMA centered bands" go from "lose moment"?

Thanks in advance.

TMA centered bands recalculates and changes the slope backwards so it is very dangerous to use the slope (the "dirrection of centered TMA") as a signal. Centered TMA should not be used in signaling mode. For all interested in how it is probably the best to use centered TMA i recommend Brian Millards book : "Channels and Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurst" (here is a link to official edition : Channels and Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurst: Brian J. Millard )

Almost all needed to know how to use centered TMA can be found in that book

you are a very patient man

mladen:
TMA centered bands recalculates and changes the slope backwards so it is very dangerous to use the slope (the "dirrection of centered TMA") as a signal. Centered TMA should not be used in signaling mode. For all interested in how it is probably the best to use centered TMA i recommend Brian Millards book : "Channels and Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurst" (here is a link to official edition : Channels and Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurst: Brian J. Millard ) Almost all needed to know how to use centered TMA can be found in that book

Mladen,

Unreal how many times you have to repeat yourself... you have the patience of a saint.

Have a nice day

TCT

request same thing with sma centered

mrtools:
Hello TCT, Thanks for the midline idea added it to this version.

Hi Mr Tools,

Thanks again for tma avec envelopes... Would you be so kind to do the same with this one?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!

TCT

Files:

trendchangetrader:
Hi Mr Tools,

Thanks again for tma avec envelopes... Would you be so kind to do the same with this one?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!

TCT

Hello TCT,

Made the Sma centered envelopes, some cosmetic changes made the sma centered multi colored, also now the upper and lower envelopes have separate deviation controls, hopefully to make a better fit. If 1 color for the sma centered is preferred just need to change the first 3 colors to the color desired.

Happy Holidays!

mrtools:
Hello TCT,

Made the Sma centered envelopes, some cosmetic changes made the sma centered multi colored, also now the upper and lower envelopes have separate deviation controls, hopefully to make a better fit. If 1 color for the sma centered is preferred just need to change the first 3 colors to the color desired.

Happy Holidays!

This looks very intriguing. Does it repaint like most other indicators in this thread?

Kindest regards,

gcgman

Reason: