4TF Bars: Indicators and Ideas - page 11

Thanks mladen for your fast reply.

I get your point although I don’t agree with that indicator who updates past bars don’t repaints. Anyway, is it possible to make it not recalculating all the bars of a current time frame that belong to a changed bar of a target time frame?

And second is it possible to make it alert only the first time a signal is valid?

It would be much appreciated.

rosso113

To get that kind of repainting indicator you simply have to find these 4 lines :

if (timeFrames[0] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[0],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[0]/Period()));

if (timeFrames[1] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[1],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[1]/Period()));

if (timeFrames[2] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[2],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[2]/Period()));

if (timeFrames[3] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[3],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[3]/Period()));

[/PHP]

And comment them out (place "//" at the begining of each line, so ut will look like this :

[PHP]// if (timeFrames[0] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[0],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[0]/Period()));

// if (timeFrames[1] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[1],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[1]/Period()));

// if (timeFrames[2] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[2],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[2]/Period()));

// if (timeFrames[3] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[3],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[3]/Period()));

that is all

rosso113:
Thanks mladen for your fast reply.

I get your point although I don’t agree with that indicator who updates past bars don’t repaints. Anyway, is it possible to make it not recalculating all the bars of a current time frame that belong to a changed bar of a target time frame?

And second is it possible to make it alert only the first time a signal is valid?

It would be much appreciated.

Hi Mladen, what about 4xMulti period nonlagma?

mort000

NonLagMA is an average type indicator (it is drawn on a main chart) so it does not need anything special to make show multiple instances in same range of values. Why don't you simply place as much instances you need of NonLagMA on the chart (if that is what you are looking after)?

mort000:
Hi Mladen, what about 4xMulti period nonlagma?

mladen:
mort000 NonLagMA is an average type indicator (it is drawn on a main chart) so it does not need anything special to make show multiple instances in same range of values. Why don't you simply place as much instances you need of NonLagMA on the chart (if that is what you are looking after)?

Dear mladen

It is possible to have 4TF bars for momentum indicator?

I want to wish you A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Dan

Thanks mladen,

I found and corrected the lines that you suggested. Although it seems like all time frames above the current one shifts one bar back.

Any suggestions to solve that?

Happy New Year

mladen:
rosso113

To get that kind of repainting indicator you simply have to find these 4 lines :

if (timeFrames[0] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[0],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[0]/Period()));

if (timeFrames[1] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[1],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[1]/Period()));

if (timeFrames[2] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[2],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[2]/Period()));

if (timeFrames[3] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[3],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[3]/Period()));

[/PHP]

And comment them out (place "//" at the begining of each line, so ut will look like this :

[PHP]// if (timeFrames[0] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[0],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[0]/Period()));

// if (timeFrames[1] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[1],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[1]/Period()));

// if (timeFrames[2] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[2],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[2]/Period()));

// if (timeFrames[3] != Period()) limit = MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,timeFrames[3],indicatorFileName,"returnBars",0,0)*timeFrames[3]/Period()));

that is all

rosso113

Comment out this line too :

if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;

(so it should be like this :

// if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;

that should do it

rosso113:
Thanks mladen,

I found and corrected the lines that you suggested. Although it seems like all time frames above the current one shifts one bar back.

Any suggestions to solve that?

Happy New Year

Sahilsri:
Here's an image to demonstrate how price channel stop can be used as a re-entry.

Regards

Sahilsri

Hi Sahilsri, what indic(s) are you using to create that red/green dotted on the main px chart? Are those a bunch of MAs (what period are you using?)

Hi Mladen, and others.

I was interested in the indicator "4 time frame Gann Hilo." but I found the problem. signal is repeated at every bar. Could you fix this problem? I will do my drawing for clarity

Files:

Check what did you enter in your TimeFrame2 parameter (as it seems you entered 5 there too, or something that is different than "next1") When used with default parameters this is how it looks on a 5 minute chart (as yours)

So there is no problem with the indicator but you entered time frames in the time frames parameters that are causing repetitive signals (you probably did something like on this picture - as you can see those are not repetitive signals since they differ when they should)

To cut short, just check your time frames parameters

mort000:
Hi Mladen, and others. I was interested in the indicator "4 time frame Gann Hilo." but I found the problem. signal is repeated at every bar. Could you fix this problem? I will do my drawing for clarity
Files:
Reason: