4TF Bars: Indicators and Ideas - page 4

please is there a way for the 4tf ma cross to stop repainting. it seems to be promising

It is a 4 time frame indicator (so it is a multi time frame indicator, as its name is saying)

Multi time frame indicators must update the state of all the bars belonging to target time frame bar and for a long, long time it has been cleared that it is not considered a repainting but a normal multi time frame (current time frame, which does not have to do that + 3 "other" time frames in this case) behavior.

drunkpips:
please is there a way for the 4tf ma cross to stop repainting. it seems to be promising

are you invariably saying that a non repainting/updating indicator would update/repaint when coded into MTF

Please examine some more on how multi time frame indicators work and what is considered to be repainting and what is not

Wish you a pleasant weekend

drunkpips:
are you invariably saying that a non repainting/updating indicator would update/repaint when coded into MTF

drunkpips:

Hi,

Your dealing with higher tf's which bars have not closed... once the higher tf's have closed there will be no so called "repaint"... One thing I do is use this indi to keep track of the highest tf's close because it is easy for me to forget when an H4 bar will close as an example... so i set this indi to 240min. Maybe this will help you.

Regards

TCT

Files:

In that indicator there are 3 step ma values

Which 2 should be used for "trend" determination? The reason for asking this is explained at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181187/page3

drunkpips:
pls code this one too, thanks and God bless you real good

mladen:
In that indicator there are 3 step ma values Which 2 should be used for "trend" determination? The reason for asking this is explained at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181187/page3

the 2 with thick lines coloured pink and deepskyblue

thanks

trendchangetrader:
Hi,

Your dealing with higher tf's which bars have not closed... once the higher tf's have closed there will be no so called "repaint"... One thing I do is use this indi to keep track of the highest tf's close because it is easy for me to forget when an H4 bar will close as an example... so i set this indi to 240min. Maybe this will help you.

Regards

TCT

am talking of closed bars not open bars

Here is a simple example that is showing which bars of a current (15 minute chart) are belonging to a current (still opened) 4 hour time frame bar. Each bar belonging to target (4 hour time frame in this case - the upper row in the 4 time frame ma indicator - bars to the right of the vertical line) are a subject of change since that 4 hour bar is still opened

Files:

wow, seems am looking for something diiferent.

my idea of a 4tf indicator is one that displays what happens on other tf charts on the current chart

E.g see pix.

when the ma cross up on the m15, you get one up arrow or bar on the m15 line

when the ma cross down on the m30, you get one down arrow or bar on the m30 line

same for h1 and h4 such that when all the time frames shows arrows/bar pointing in same direction then you know the overall trend.

instead of flipping from chart to chart to spot the crossing, it can be seen on 1chart just like the mini chart showing 3 diiferent small charts on the main chart.

i dont expect the open bar/candle on the current tf to affect or cause a repaint on the other tf

can you make me such a 4tf indicator

Files:
4tf.gif  72 kb
Reason: