Using CCI to Make a Living Off Forex - page 11

Been cooking something

Hello fellow traders,

I have been cooking something and this is what I cooked up.

Well all credit still goes to the owner of this trading system. But the challenge is this. I believe that trading 1H timeframe will be good but howdo I cope with signals that come during odd hours of the day say 2.00 am in tha morning when am asleep?

Thanks

Deedee

Nigeria

Hi deforex247,

Failing to understand what you cooked up? At the moment you are asking a question?

Answer to which is a) You either just do not sleep, b) move countries, c) look for trade signals for your timezone...

Unfortunately that is just the way it works. Most of who do manual trading have to deal with this, it sucks I know and sometimes I loath the need for sleep and wish I could trade 24/7.

Your other option is to get hold of a "bot". (But I do not trusts these, just yet)

One of the reasons why you want to trade the 4H timeframe is that effectively you should not miss out on signals. I find that I can enter a trade just before going to bed (I am GMT+2), attach my Trade Manager, and let it handle my trade whilst I am asleep. (Whilst I am sleeping there should be 2 moves)

I make use of the following Trade Manager. It is definately one of the best Trade Managers I have ever used (and I have used about 12 so far)

Cheers

Codex

U the best Codex

Codex:
Hi deforex247,

Failing to understand what you cooked up? At the moment you are asking a question?

Answer to which is a) You either just do not sleep, b) move countries, c) look for trade signals for your timezone...

Unfortunately that is just the way it works. Most of who do manual trading have to deal with this, it sucks I know and sometimes I loath the need for sleep and wish I could trade 24/7.

Your other option is to get hold of a "bot". (But I do not trusts these, just yet)

One of the reasons why you want to trade the 4H timeframe is that effectively you should not miss out on signals. I find that I can enter a trade just before going to bed (I am GMT+2), attach my Trade Manager, and let it handle my trade whilst I am asleep. (Whilst I am sleeping there should be 2 moves)

I make use of the following Trade Manager. It is definately one of the best Trade Managers I have ever used (and I have used about 12 so far)

Cheers

Codex

I would have loved to trade this system on 4h but I programmed 3 indicators for 3 time frames. If you noticed the time frames are 1H,4H and daily, Where 1h is the trigger so I feel that if I step the trading system up to trading it 4h I will miss working with the trigger which is the best part of the system. Decypher fake entries and give resonable exits.

Hope u checked the Image. Unless you r suggesting a better way to still enter ma trades on 4H and exit with reasonable profits. With that I can sleep 3h 55mins before the open of another candle because I prefer to manage my trades manually.

All the same thanks so much. I respect the help you have offered so far.

One more thing. Are you on facebook?

Hi deforex247,

Nope not on facebook yet. The picture that you have attached still says "approval pending".

I too have been looking at seeing how this strategy holds out on the 1H timeframes. Personally I have never really liked trading the 4H TF as the drawdown is just to nerve wrecking, but I am slowly getting used to it.

Cheers

Codex

Thanks

I think the best option is to take only signal that come during ma trading session. Thank you

Non lag ma repaints the past.

Hello Codex,

While cooking I noticed that the indicator; non lag ma repaints the past.

Don't misunderstand me, There are indicators that needs the current bar to close on an opposite colour before we can call it a valid change.

But when an indicator rearranges its self 6 to 8 bars back wards then we have a problem. Cos thats repainting and thats exactly what nonlag ma does, the one u attached in particular.

Am sure you know what am talking about and would love you to tell me just how u manage that attitude.

Thanks nd still cooking.

Deedee

Nigeria

Hi deforex247,

I use mladen's nonlagMA as it does not repaint. Are you a member of the elite section? mladen has an indicator called "averages" that is an all in one MA indicator. It has an parameter called "Method" that you set to 9 to enable the nonlagMA.

Cheers

Codex

Codex:
Hi deforex247,

I use mladen's nonlagMA as it does not repaint. Are you a member of the elite section? mladen has an indicator called "averages" that is an all in one MA indicator. It has an parameter called "Method" that you set to 9 to enable the nonlagMA.

Cheers

Codex

Thanks Codex. Its really nice knowing u.

We should all be thanking James the Giant for posting such an incredible strategy.

The funny thing about this strategy is that it really works ... and yet even when I explain it community members on my other forum, they still do not believe and still search for the ultimate indicator or EA

Cheers

Codex

Codex:
We should all be thanking James the Giant for posting such an incredible strategy.

The funny thing about this strategy is that it really works ... and yet even when I explain it community members on my other forum, they still do not believe and still search for the ultimate indicator or EA

Cheers

Codex

Hey Codex, did you make any trades yesterday? I't seems like the pair a in a ranging period and I just can't manage to figure out the overall USD strength.

Would be helpful if we post the trades we make so we can study the market conditions together.

Reason: