My system using simple non-lag indicators. - page 3

Ok..I see the zip files, however which ones do we use and also, when I try to load a few onto metatrader it doesn't load. Any help???

Thanks again..

Marc

Craig:
I'm not too sure, the code is very complex, I assume the backtester is exposing some kind of numerical instabilty. This is a shame as this set of indicators uses a lot of common code, so one must assume they all have a high chance of doing the same thing. If you assume the indicator is correct, then what does that say about the backtester?

Craig,

Exactly how are you backtesting it without an EA?

Thanks.

marcf:
Ok..I see the zip files, however which ones do we use and also, when I try to load a few onto metatrader it doesn't load. Any help???

Thanks again..

Marc

Put the files under "include" folder into your metatrader "include" folder.

takechance:
Craig, Exactly how are you backtesting it without an EA? Thanks.

I'm using one of the EA's that come with Metatrader, but with the indicators for the system in this thread on the visual backtest chart.

Watching signals develop this way is often informative, in the case of this system (and many others) you will see that in realtime there are actually quite a few false signals, the price will go one way and produce a trading signal only to resume in the former direction in subsequent bars. This is the problem with no lag indicators, they follow the price exactly (hence looking fantastic in hindsite) but have zero predictive power, all they do is demarcate what has already happened (this is the job of a digital filter, which these indicators are derivatives of).

Ok, I did that, now what? Sorry for the confusion. Also, which ones am I using??

Thanks..

Marc

takechance:

I can see the first indicators you have posted, but I don't understand why I'm having so much trouble installing them. I've never had any trouble before. Does anyone else have trouble applying these indicators.

Also, can you tell me what the Moving Average indicator you have on your chart is called?

Thanks..

Marc

takechance:

Craig:
I'm using one of the EA's that come with Metatrader, but with the indicators for the system in this thread on the visual backtest chart.

Watching signals develop this way is often informative, in the case of this system (and many others) you will see that in realtime there are actually quite a few false signals, the price will go one way and produce a trading signal only to resume in the former direction in subsequent bars. This is the problem with no lag indicators, they follow the price exactly (hence looking fantastic in hindsite) but have zero predictive power, all they do is demarcate what has already happened (this is the job of a digital filter, which these indicators are derivatives of).

I have been looking at something very similar to this system on my own.

Am I to understand that these types of "no lag" MA"s do change colors after time?......if so......what would their practical use to a trader be?

Also.....at what point out can you know for sure that the color is "set" and not subject to change again?

Thanks!

Is there an ex4 version to this particular indicator: 3C_Jurx. I'm trying to load it onto MT and it won't load...any suggestions?

takechance:
No idea what can go wrong at your end. What I am doing is now posting all the Jurik indicators in one folder. Use the ones from this folder only and not from my first post.

I'm having the same issue. I have the jrsx histo loaded fine, but can't get the 3c to work. I've copied the files mentioned above into the includes folder, but still no luck.

marcf:
Is there an ex4 version to this particular indicator: 3C_Jurx. I'm trying to load it onto MT and it won't load...any suggestions?

I have gotten it to work before, and can't remember what I did to make it work. This is a great indicator..we have to figure this out.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

robp:
I'm having the same issue. I have the jrsx histo loaded fine, but can't get the 3c to work. I've copied the files mentioned above into the includes folder, but still no luck.
Reason: