Do I need to create a button?

Hi All,

I've got a manual swing trading strategy ready to go - but I need to use an EA to monitor and adjust the stop loss whilst I'm away from keyboard.  I kept getting caught out with missing the break even opportunity whilst I was asleep etc etc...

I know how to code this EA, my question to the forum is - would it be better to create a separate button to open the trade with, or should I just use the already given trading buttons in MT4?

Hope you can help!

RainyDay:

Hi All,

I've got a manual swing trading strategy ready to go - but I need to use an EA to monitor and adjust the stop loss whilst I'm away from keyboard.  I kept getting caught out with missing the break even opportunity whilst I was asleep etc etc...

I know how to code this EA, my question to the forum is - would it be better to create a separate button to open the trade with, or should I just use the already given trading buttons in MT4?

Hope you can help!

From the start, I thought the problem was automating the trade while you are away? Creating a button to open trades or using the inbuilt buttons does not necessary solve the problem, I would think. I would advice you

1. link your MT4 terminal with your account.
  2.  set the push notifications feature
  3. Set push notifications, under the alert tab in your laptop/desktop.

Alternatively, you could find one of those apps then sends you notifications when price moves to a set point.

If "the seperate button" or "already given buttons" are doing the same thing, I feel there is no need stressing yourself

Thank-god Avwerosuoghene Odukudu #:

From the start, I thought the problem was automating the trade while you are away? Creating a button to open trades or using the inbuilt buttons does not necessary solve the problem, I would think. I would advice you

1. link your MT4 terminal with your account.
  2.  set the push notifications feature
  3. Set push notifications, under the alert tab in your laptop/desktop.

Alternatively, you could find one of those apps then sends you notifications when price moves to a set point.

If "the seperate button" or "already given buttons" are doing the same thing, I feel there is no need stressing yourself

Thanks!