Gann mtf system

I have devised a trading strategy of massive proportions. It is solely based on the Gann Hi Lo indicator and cycle periods. I have modified this strategy with inspiration from Simba and Cycle periods, and Altoronto's Cycle period indicator which he posted.

This strategy is meant to find short term and mid term trends and wait until they align. Also it is an EA. I have never created a thread for an EA, but this might be interesting.

Place the SSL Channel indicator on the following timeframes:

4 HR- Half of cycle period

1 HR-Half of cycle period.

Monitor the Cycle of each tf and change Gann Activator according to it.

Find half of cycle period by spotting the level that the cycle period indicator is at at top left of its window, and divide it by 2 to set the SSL indicator to it. Constantly change the SSL indicators period to half of the cycle period as it changes.

Go long when all 2 agree, exit when 1 changes direction.

Example:

1 hr chart cycle period is 40, so I set Gann activator to 20

15 min cycle period is 40 also, so I set Gann to 20

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

119 views and no suggestions?

Hi James,

What value did you use for "LB" ? I found that 10 for the daily time frame is a little misleading.

By using a value of 3 for all timeframes appears to give a more "realistic" overview.

Cheers

Codex.

Hey Codex,

I use an LB of one. I find that the lower the LB the better the SSL channel relates to the lower timeframes without taking away any of the trend filtering.

Thanks James.

With regards to dropping down to the 15M timeframe.

I assume that when you do this, the 3 Gann indicators are still set to the 1H, 4H and Daily?

What are looking for when you drop down to this 15M chart?

Cheers

Codex

I am looking to enter and exit a trader before the 1 hr candle closes. That is why I am on the 15 min time frame.

James the Giant:
I have devised a trading strategy of massive proportions.

By this do you mean massive profits?

Yes, the potential is big

Suggestion

James the Giant:
119 views and no suggestions?

James,

Try the following and tell me what do you think

H1 Chart,LB=12...Contrary Filter

H4...Trendfilter,LB=6...Trend Filter

So,If H4 is Blue,you wait till you have 1 RED dot at H1 and go long,you can use any exit strategy you deem fit,I suggest to target for 1.5 H4 ATR with SL 1.1 H4 ATR and,obviously,if none is touched ,exiting and reversing when the system gives you an opposite signal...See pic.

1.5 ATR H4 is usually about 70-90 pips for GBPUSD,EURUSD,GBPJPY,EURJPY....and approx 45 pips for less volatile pairs like EURGBP.

S

Files:
screen_1.gif  56 kb

Thats pretty interesting you wait for 1 hr to be the opposite signal to go in the direction of 4 hr. I will give it a try and see how it compares.

Thanks

Hi Simba,

At first glance your enhancement looks good, but then I applied to the USDCHF today and it would have eaten me alive.

What is the concept behind your Contrary Filter? It sounds interesting.

Cheers

Codex

Reason: