Indicators with alerts/signal - page 587

Can you add a wav file alert on the indicator? I have a musical wav file I would like to sound as the alert when the candle close above/below the MA and not this annoying pop up alert. Can you do it for p-l-e-a-s-e? Thank you.

mladen:
Set the alertsOnCurrentto false

romotly007:
Can you add a wav file alert on the indicator? I have a musical wav file I would like to sound as the alert when the candle close above/below the MA and not this annoying pop up alert. Can you do it for p-l-e-a-s-e? Thank you.

romotly007

here you go In this one you can change the sound file you use for sound alerts

Thank you but after putting my own wav file, should I set the alertsOn. alertsMessage, and alertsSound to true?

mladen:
romotly007 here you go In this one you can change the sound file you use for sound alerts

romotly007:
Thank you but after putting my own wav file, should I set the alertsOn. alertsMessage, and alertsSound to true?

romotly007

Yes, the same as before. The only thing changed is that you can enter the name of the sound file you wish to be played when alertsSound is set to true

FishAddParameter Value + Sound Alert

Thank you very much for your assistance. Can you also help me add a Histogram/FishAddParameter value and a wav file sound alert to this indicator; such that when the histogram value of the indicator crosses above a specified value for buy/sell(0.1 for instance), the alarm will sound only once on the first cross above the histogram value (Buy/Sell). Thank you.

Files:

romotly007:
Thank you very much for your assistance. Can you also help me add a Histogram/FishAddParameter value and a wav file sound alert to this indicator; such that when the histogram value of the indicator crosses above a specified value for buy/sell(0.1 for instance), the alarm will sound only once on the first cross above the histogram value (Buy/Sell). Thank you.

romotly007

That is a solar wind indicator. Since it is a repainting indicator, adding alerts to it would be counterproductive and highly misleading

It hardly repaints when you use a higher period settings. I know this because I use it and the Histogram/FishAddParameter value is adjustable and can be increased to any minimum value to avoid wrong signals. If you can do it, I will test and post the results here so lets see how it goes.

mladen:
romotly007That is a solar wind indicator. Since it is a repainting indicator, adding alerts to it would be counterproductive and highly misleading

romotly007:
It hardly repaints when you use a higher period settings. I know this because I use it and the Histogram/FishAddParameter value is adjustable and can be increased to any minimum value to avoid wrong signals. If you can do it, I will test and post the results here so lets see how it goes.

romotly007

Believe me or not, there is no limit in how much bars solar wind can repaint. On a higher time frame you simply do not notice it so much because the new bars are formed slowly compared to lower time frames, but from how it is calculated (it "inherits" the future value in a past value calculation) there is no limit to how many bars can be affected with such a repainting (due to that "inheriting" of the future value)

In short : it will repaint the same way on all time frames just on higher time frames it will take longer to notice it

Yes!!!.... Mladen be on point!!.. rom should trust that what is said is all that can be done

MACDAddParameter Value + Sound Alert

Okay I give up. You win! What about this indicator? Can you add wav file sound alert and a Histogram/MACDAddParameter variable/value such that when the histogram crosses zero (buy/sell) and reached or goes beyond a specified value (0.0004 for instance), the sound alert is triggered.

Files:
Reason: