Indicators with alerts/signal - page 1220

timmyhanke:
Thats too bad , can average methods be added to keltner channel ( others than Sma, Ema, Smma and Lwma .Because to come close to the result of the tma centered bands is to use ketler channel with Lwma if im right but the lines are to choppy so i thought if its possible to add averages and to add smoothing periods to it to smoothen the lines as much as possible.

also found this indicator that is supposed to be a ketler channel mod to try to make the same patterns as the tma.

So if you want to add averages to this version or someone other is up to you

tmachannel_end_point.mq4

timmyhanke

Did you check this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241

End pointed centered TMA is equal to LWMA - any Keltner channel that can use lwma for central line will do

mladen:
timmyhanke

Did you check this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241

End pointed centered TMA is equal to LWMA - any Keltner channel that can use lwma for central line will do

Yes but can smoothing methods be add to a keltner channel ?

timmyhanke:
Yes but can smoothing methods be add to a keltner channel ?

timmyhanke

both the middle line (which is linear weighted moving average) and bands (which are calculated adding average true range - again average) are already smoothed using some average. Adding some additional smoothing would add lag, but, yes, it can be done (with the lag problem of course)

mladen:
timmyhanke both the middle line (which is linear weighted moving average) and bands (which are calculated adding average true range - again average) are already smoothed using some average. Adding some additional smoothing would add lag, but, yes, it can be done (with the lag problem of course)

Do you thinks its worth a try ? if yes i will try to find a good indicator to build on

timmyhanke:
Do you thinks its worth a try ? if yes i will try to find a good indicator to build on

OK will try that tomorrow

timmyhanke:

Dear Timmy,

is not strange,you are behind TMA, so seriously and interestingly (though it is not bad one and it is a nice indicator) when you have and you can have better than this....can i ask what specialty is in it that no other indicator can do it...so that i can get advantage of it too...thanks

regards

mntiwana:
Dear Timmy,

is not strange,you are behind TMA, so seriously and interestingly (though it is not bad one and it is a nice indicator) when you have and you can have better than this....can i ask what specialty is in it that no other indicator can do it...so that i can get advantage of it too...thanks

regards

Its the whole pattern , everything makes sense in a way , if the market penetrates the upper band for example you go for a sell and it follows until it breaks the lower band so it is like a pinball between lines.

So for example if you are in a buy and the market jumps up lets say 50 pips and reached the upper band you firstly have the 50 pips gain and go for a sell directly after the bar touched the band so you get a 50 pips on the way down as well .

So it isnt like other indicators that changes colour on trend change because it would have changed the colour to a buy on the bar the 50 pips jump is and alert you to go for a buy the bar after and then the market maybe goes for a 50 pips drop directly after and alerts you for a sell after that 50 pips as well , so you misses the jump of 50 pips on the market and looses 50 pips on your sell . so you are always going to be a bar to late in most cases , but if you always trade against the market with a good indicator that can be trusted on you will always have the upper hand. thats why i searching every waken minute to find something that can replicate the results of the tma centered , and thats why i am obsessed with my request that i made to make the caterpillar indicator ( ssa bands) to a endpoint indicator because if it looks somewhat close to the ssa calculated caterpillar band thats good + it havnt been done before , just like the smoothed ketler channel so anything that its new and worth trying is good.

Hope you understand

timmyhanke:
Its the whole pattern , everything makes sense in a way , if the market penetrates the upper band for example you go for a sell and it follows until it breaks the lower band so it is like a pinball between lines.

So for example if you are in a buy and the market jumps up lets say....................................... , just like the smoothed ketler channel so anything that its new and worth trying is good.

Hope you understand

Timmy,

thanks for detailed answer,i am trying to look and understand inside your logic.....and will read all your previous posts/reply, again, for to better and exact understand.

regards

Timmy,

please up load your demonstrating picture

mntiwana:
Timmy, please up load your demonstrating picture

Added the arrows on the exact bar you would entry a buy or sell , made a mistake on 1 arrow , but you see what i mean

Made a quick calculation on the pips gained and thats 1701 pips in 14,5 / 15 days on 1 chart alone , if you use 15 min charts there could be even more. I havent counted the spread in my calculation so you know

And that my friend is why i want to make the same results with a nrp indicator

Files:
tma_bands.png  54 kb
Reason: