Indicators with alerts/signal - page 836

Hi

Is it possible to modify the alert in this indicator so that the CURRENCY PAIR for which the alert is given is retained and disclosed in the alert box body (which shows the history of alerts given for multiple currency pairs) as opposed to it showing only in the top part of the alert box when the alert is first given? This would be greatly appreciated.

vavrey:
Hi Is it possible to modify the alert in this indicator so that the CURRENCY PAIR for which the alert is given is retained and disclosed in the alert box body (which shows the history of alerts given for multiple currency pairs) as opposed to it showing only in the top part of the alert box when the alert is first given? This would be greatly appreciated.

Vavery, not understanding how you are wanting it to alert, just got an alerts and it's showing the symbol pair.

Files:
buy_signal.png  53 kb

mrtools:
Vavery, not understanding how you are wanting it to alert, just got an alerts and it's showing the symbol pair.

Thanks for your reply Mr Tools - now I understand the confusion - I will try to clarify: Yes, the alert is given but you will notice that the Currency Pair symbol appears at the top of the alert box only (e.g., "eur/usd"). When another alert is given for another currency pair (e.g., aud/usd) then the previous alert drops down to the alert box history and this is where the currency pair symbol disappears, only the exchange rate shows - but NOT the currency pair symbol (e.g., "eur/usd") - so the reader will have to memorise the currency pair symbol to which the exchange rate pertains - very tedious when perhaps up to 10 currency pairs are being studied on the chart. I hope this makes the problem clearer.

This indicator does not repaint (by definition) and is an excellent confirmation tool (not an absolute indicator) of possible trend changes - shown on the chart itself. This is powerful when used in conjunction with say, the color RSI with alerts.

vavrey:
Thanks for your reply Mr Tools - now I understand the confusion - I will try to clarify: Yes, the alert is given but you will notice that the Currency Pair symbol appears at the top of the alert box only (e.g., "eur/usd"). When another alert is given for another currency pair (e.g., aud/usd) then the previous alert drops down to the alert box history and this is where the currency pair symbol disappears, only the exchange rate shows - but NOT the currency pair symbol (e.g., "eur/usd") - so the reader will have to memorise the currency pair symbol to which the exchange rate pertains - very tedious when perhaps up to 10 currency pairs are being studied on the chart. I hope this makes the problem clearer. This indicator does not repaint (by definition) and is an excellent confirmation tool (not an absolute indicator) of possible trend changes - shown on the chart itself. This is powerful when used in conjunction with say, the color RSI with alerts.

Vavrey in you terminal/experts tab you will be able to find the history of your alerts.

Files:

They are different. mein does not repaint and the signals are differ too. please - put an allert. they are same named but really different

mrtools:
Profitmonitor, found this version with alerts added already. ps) it repaints

mrtools:
Vavrey in you terminal/experts tab you will be able to find the history of your alerts.

I understand Mr Tools - however it is the record of alerts for DIFFERING currency pairs, not just the history of just one currency pair, that is required here. The terminal/experts tab just seems to relate to one selected currency pair not many at the one time. If this terminal shows different currency pairs at the same time (and I am not techie enuf to even open the thing …MT4 navigation is not one of my strengths) then this is not good enough as I would have to keep looking in two different places for what I want to know when it should be a simple matter to see everything in the one alert box. For some strange reason the authors of the code for this alert did not allow the currency symbol to drift down into the alert record box - only the BUY or SELL with the exchange rate. We need the have the currency symbol also shown because in this way, when many alerts are issued at once, I can see which chart to open up to see if a possible trend change will take place. So it is not a matter of studying the history of just one currency pair but to see which currency pair is worthy of further study out of many. It would be easier to see this in the one alert box.

tor_1.20.mq4

Hello mladen and mrtools,

you guys mind making this indicator only give out alerts when its ranging .. Thank you

Files:
tor_1.20.mq4  33 kb

vavrey:
I understand Mr Tools - however it is the record of alerts for DIFFERING currency pairs, not just the history of just one currency pair, that is required here. The terminal/experts tab just seems to relate to one selected currency pair not many at the one time. If this terminal shows different currency pairs at the same time (and I am not techie enuf to even open the thing …MT4 navigation is not one of my strengths) then this is not good enough as I would have to keep looking in two different places for what I want to know when it should be a simple matter to see everything in the one alert box. For some strange reason the authors of the code for this alert did not allow the currency symbol to drift down into the alert record box - only the BUY or SELL with the exchange rate. We need the have the currency symbol also shown because in this way, when many alerts are issued at once, I can see which chart to open up to see if a possible trend change will take place. So it is not a matter of studying the history of just one currency pair but to see which currency pair is worthy of further study out of many. It would be easier to see this in the one alert box.

vavrey

All the symbols and all the alerts can be seen in the terminal/experts tab

Whichever chart you had opened and whichever symbol(s) triggered alerts will be there

mladen:
vavrey

All the symbols and all the alerts can be seen in the terminal/experts tab

Whichever chart you had opened and whichever symbol(s) triggered alerts will be there

Thank you for your response mladen, and thank you both for your patience in this matter.

Now I cannot see how to open up my MT4 terminal to see the alerts. I go to "view" then hit "terminal" and then all I see at the bottom is one line showing Balance: Profit/Loss: Equity: and Free margin

So how do I get to those alerts in the terminal window? Please pardon my ignorance here.

vavrey:
Thank you for your response mladen, and thank you both for your patience in this matter.

Now I cannot see how to open up my MT4 terminal to see the alerts. I go to "view" then hit "terminal" and then all I see at the bottom is one line showing Balance: Profit/Loss: Equity: and Free margin

So how do I get to those alerts in the terminal window? Please pardon my ignorance here.

Oh! Duh! I see them now - all I had to do was enlarge the window.

Reason: