Jurik TrendStrength Ea - page 10

mrtools:
Thanks Peekaboo,

Thought this issue was resolved, was the main problem was working on over the weekend, after changing some things then testing it, couldn't dublicate the problem again please check your settings that exit mode = 0,if so would advise to manually close those orders, and put max orders = 1 until i can resolve this issue, which probably means just completely starting over and rebuilding it from scratch.

Some US politician one time said during a debate you can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig, starting to think its what i'm doing with this Ea. BTW please be only testing on demo everyone, sometimes need to fwd test 6 months or more to be sure.

ps) thought i was replying to your post but by accident hit edit instead of reply with quote.

Thank MrTools, I can confirm that I was using the EA with an exit mode of 0

Peekaboo

peekaboo:
Thanks for the explanation MrTools, much appreciated.

I am having a bit of a problem right now with the setting of the stop losses on some orders. I have three orders open and after roughly an hour since the trade was opened one of the stop losses has been applied, while the other two orders have not had a stop loss applied, this despite myself specifying that i wanted a default stop loss of 30 pips. I believe that the one stop loss was applied after the order went into profit but with the other two they have not yet been in profit.

I was wondering what was going on since I thought that the stop loss would have been applied immediately after the order was placed regardless if the order was in profit or not ? As it currently stands if the two orders without a stop loss continue their losses then is it possible that they could rack up a big loss beyond my stop loss of 30 pips ?

Peekaboo

Thanks Peekaboo,

Thought this issue was resolved, was the main problem was working on over the weekend, after changing some things then testing it, couldn't dublicate the problem again please check your settings that exit mode = 0,if so would advise to manually close those orders, and put max orders = 1 until i can resolve this issue, which probably means just completely starting over and rebuilding it from scratch. BTW please be only testing on demo everyone, sometimes need to fwd test 6 months or more to be sure.

ps) thought i was replying to your post but by accident hit edit instead of reply with quote.

Hi Mr Tools,

There's one thing I don't understand about v2.5a. The EA has two parameters: external int NoHedge and extern int StrictNoHedge. When both are set at false, it seems that the EA should allow hedging. If you set MaxOrders at 2, the EA will open a 2nd order. However, a look inside the codes tells me that, the 2nd order will be in the direction of the 1st order, through the use of function canOpen. To me, opening a 2nd order in the direction of the 1st order is not hedging, it is adding to existing postion. Hedging should be done with orders with opposite position. Could you please enlighten me on this ?

Thanks

Hi Pooh,

There is no hedging function in the Ea, been adding that "canOpen" function just to prevent the Ea from, for whatever reason, accidentally opening a hedge type trade, if i remember right Polyfit Scalper sometimes did that, but stopped once this function was added.

Hi Mr Tools,

Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand. The setting NoHedge=false actually disables hedging.

Just found what appears to be a bug in the codes of v2.5a:

int TS_Trend(int mode)

{

int result = 0;

//

//

//

//

//

TStrend = iCustom(Symbol(),TS_TimeFrame,"TrendStrength on jurik for ea",0,TS_RsxLength,TS_SmoothLength,TS_SmoothPhase,TS_SmoothDouble,TS_Price,TS_Kv,3,TS_CurBar);

pTStrend = iCustom(Symbol(),TS_TimeFrame,"TrendStrength on jurik for ea",0,TS_RsxLength,TS_SmoothLength,TS_SmoothPhase,TS_SmoothDouble,TS_Price,TS_Kv,3,TS_CurBar);

The last parameter for pTStrend might have been meant be TS_CurBar+1 instead of TS_CurBar. Could you please check about this ?

pooh123:
Hi Mr Tools,

Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand. The setting NoHedge=false actually disables hedging.

Just found what appears to be a bug in the codes of v2.5a:

int TS_Trend(int mode)

{

int result = 0;

//

//

//

//

//

TStrend = iCustom(Symbol(),TS_TimeFrame,"TrendStrength on jurik for ea",0,TS_RsxLength,TS_SmoothLength,TS_SmoothPhase,TS_SmoothDouble,TS_Price,TS_Kv,3,TS_CurBar);

pTStrend = iCustom(Symbol(),TS_TimeFrame,"TrendStrength on jurik for ea",0,TS_RsxLength,TS_SmoothLength,TS_SmoothPhase,TS_SmoothDouble,TS_Price,TS_Kv,3,TS_CurBar);
The last parameter for pTStrend might have been meant be TS_CurBar+1 instead of TS_CurBar. Could you please check about this ?

This is the corrected version!

Hi Pooh123.

Yes your right it should have been

TStrend = iCustom(Symbol(),TS_TimeFrame,"TrendStrength on jurik for ea",0,TS_RsxLength,TS_SmoothLength,TS_SmoothPhase,TS_SmoothDouble,TS_Price,TS_Kv,6,TS_CurBar); pTStrend = iCustom(Symbol(),TS_TimeFrame,"TrendStrength on jurik for ea",0,TS_RsxLength,TS_SmoothLength,TS_SmoothPhase,TS_SmoothDouble,TS_Price,TS_Kv,6,TS_CurBar+1);

so not only was it missing the +1, also should have been calling buffer number 6. THANKS!

mrtools:
This is the corrected version!

Hi MrTools,

I am currently testing the new version that you've posted (2.5b) for the last 10 hours and I've just noticed that no trades have been placed during that time period. I've checked the logs and I can see no errors being reported, I was just wondering if this was the expected behavior going from an EA that traded quite a bit to a more conservative EA ? I'm using all the default settings except that of the stop loss which I've set to 35.

Peekaboo

peekaboo:
Hi MrTools,

I am currently testing the new version that you've posted (2.5b) for the last 10 hours and I've just noticed that no trades have been placed during that time period. I've checked the logs and I can see no errors being reported, I was just wondering if this was the expected behavior going from an EA that traded quite a bit to a more conservative EA ? I'm using all the default settings except that of the stop loss which I've set to 35.

Peekaboo

Hi Peekaboo,

Can't really say, am surprised that version 2.5a even traded because the buffer it was calling, is there but its more for the internal calculations of the TrendStrength indicator, i have been working on the Ea along with others, and was worried i might accidentally fix the wrong one so i downloaded the forum version, and fixed it. After that not sure.

BTW Peekaboo, Pooh and Newdigital since you all are the main testers, have decided to completely redo TrendStrength Ea if you all could please help decide what, you all want to keep or do away with, there's a lot of possibilities for trailing stops, can do partial close,psar trail,etc. and let me know, here on this thread, all and any ideas welcome.

Reason: