Jurik TrendStrength Ea - page 5

Hi Mr. Tools. Which version is the best so far from your testing?

Hi Mr. Tools,

Thanks.

I am not experienced in this ea, and also did not have long history of testing it on forward-testing.

So, could you please advise which version is the best in terms of consistent profit and low drawdown?

+ Also, which timeframe and which pairs are the best to use with this ea?

If possible, please kindly post results here.

Thanks a lot for your help and information.

Regards,

James

mrtools:
Results from new demo started last night, the figures not adding up because i lost $80 on manual trade, currently have 3 trades open with Jurik Trendstrength but only 30$ drawdown will see how it goes.

The correct TF is M15? And is this EA also for other pairs than EURUSD?

daffi:
The correct TF is M15? And is this EA also for other pairs than EURUSD?

Hi Daffi,

Just want to say timeframes and pairs to trade are up to you have had sucess on m15 and h1 EurUsd but haven't tested on other pairs, here's an updated version with somewhat updated indicators, something else i need to mention in the Ea the indicators are coded to use whichever timeframe you choose! This back test(for what ever its worth ) done with default settings on H1 timeframe EurUsd.

Thank You, mrtools!

mrtools:
James this is the latest with all the indicators it automatically detects your broker digits and if you set ECNbroker = true then it will work on ECN type Brokers.

In the settings there are for SL and TP values 0. Is that OK? Or does that mean that it's up to me to decide the SL and TP values?

daffi:
In the settings there are for SL and TP values 0. Is that OK? Or does that mean that it's up to me to decide the SL and TP values?

Hi Daffi,

In that version of Trend Strength Ea there are 9 exits.

1)Using Jurik Trend Strength,2)jurik trend envelopes,3)Volty channel,4)jurik Addtrend,5)combination of jurik trendstrength,volty channel,and jurik trend envelopes,6) combination of all indicators used,7)jurik trend strength,volty, and absolute strength,8)Absolute strength,and 9)jurik trend strength and absolute strength.

Now to answer your question if you leave exit mode = 0 then Ea will open and close orders depending on your stop loss and take profit and use whichever signals you choose, if you have exit mode greater than 0 then Ea will close orders depending on the indicators, if you have take profit set at a certain number of pips and indicator combination signals exit, then Ea will exit if combination signal happens earlier than your take profit or guess better way of describing it is whatever happens first your take profit or indicator combination signal.Same goes for the stop loss.

mrtools:
Hi Daffi, Just want to say timeframes and pairs to trade are up to you have had sucess on m15 and h1 EurUsd but haven't tested on other pairs, here's an updated version with somewhat updated indicators, something else i need to mention in the Ea the indicators are coded to use whichever timeframe you choose! This back test(for what ever its worth ) done with default settings on H1 timeframe EurUsd.

Mr. Tools,

I have been testing the Jurik_TrendSTrengthExpertECN_v2. It uses Jurik TrendStrength2.

In testing I seem to find that the "Jurik TrendStrength2" indicator, always returns a trend of 1. I have attached the indicator, could you please check and kindly (please) fix it? I would really appreciate it.

Regards

gorick

Files:

gorick:
Mr. Tools,

I have been testing the Jurik_TrendSTrengthExpertECN_v2. It uses Jurik TrendStrength2.

In testing I seem to find that the "Jurik TrendStrength2" indicator, always returns a trend of 1. I have attached the indicator, could you please check and kindly (please) fix it? I would really appreciate it.

Regards

gorick

Mr. Tools,

Please ignore the last request. The error was in the EA itself. It was retrieving buffer 6 instead of buffer 7. It was only doing buys and no sells.

I have fixed that.

Regards

This is another version, but not really sure if its better or not the arrows are being called by the trend buffer, but am seeing a lot of lag, but guess this is why its trend strength, to me it would be better to call the dashed gold line slope, its just rsx with hardly any lag, even on mtf. If you like this one better can make an ea version.

Files:

mrtools:
This is another version, but not really sure if its better or not the arrows are being called by the trend buffer, but am seeing a lot of lag, but guess this is why its trend strength, to me it would be better to call the dashed gold line slope, its just rsx with hardly any lag, even on mtf. If you like this one better can make an ea version.

Mr tools,

Like always you fanstastic work, and it is appreciated.

Could you please test the this indicator and its original (jurik trendstrength2) with XAUUSD, gold, please. Both do not seem to work with gold for some reason when I try ithem?

Regards

gorick

Reason: