SFTMGM.com / Discipline Trader - page 7

ianj:
Is there any way we can ascertain the MAXIMUM number of open positions (or total lots open which is more relevant for margin) you are likely to use - Yesterday you had 53 open position and even using your recommendation for account size, at leverage 100:1 you were consuming 50-60% of available margin - uncomfortably near to margin call levels - and you couldn't know that that there was nobody about with a 50:1 leverage. Your documentation suggest 20, and a sudden increase to 53 is alarming - is this going to be a regular occurrence that i have to reconsider my account size for.

Hi ianj,

Yes...we have had opened 53 positions . As You see US afternoon are extreme from time to time. EA is having max opened positions set to the percentage of account size . This was the first time we have had such a number. We might reconsider max opened position . I believe it is and would be very uncomfortable for subscribers. If position sizing as recommended is used, than it should not have any big impact on Margin even with such a extreme trading style and 1:100 leverage , because EA will not allow to get to the Margin call . There is no Subscriber i know of with less leverage than this . But still....i am working on max opened position statistics and setup...This approach would be too much as i understand . Max opened position will be manually set to 20 . Trading style will remain aggressive .

Regards

Radim

Position sizing model

Hey Subscribers,

Please check the position sizing model . I think it will be much easier to set it this way, than use Money and risk management formula. It is already known from our RAS descriptions, but still....

Regards

Radim

czechdaytrader:
Hey Subscribers,

Please check the position sizing model . I think it will be much easier to set it this way, than use Money and risk management formula. It is already known from our RAS descriptions, but still....

Regards

Radim

Thats much better - at least we know what to expect - Its is as much about trust (or otherwise) in the RAS technology as your trading style. If you say 20, and then open 53 i think there is something wrong and seeing as it is heading for the margin call pretty quickly i was alarmed - If i KNOW, (as i do now) that you have the limits firmly in mind then i can at least rest easy that we are operating within the "normal" limits of the account.

BTW It looks you shifted into some form of grid or pretty aggressive cost averaging mode - as if the models changed into a recovery mode - are you able to say what the threshold/criteria is before your trading style changes?

I did look at the description but you had already exceeded the max open positions on a previous occasion - which was 20. As i said, i am not being critical of the strategy - i just want to know when somone is in control and when they are not. The RAS technology has sufficient reliability concerns that we have to fall back to your specifications to see if everything is "normal". I myself have alarms which indicate whether an account is outside of normal operating range and yesterday they were going mad once they crossed a margin theshold.

Many (perhaps most !) of the signal providers on RAS have no discipline when it comes to sticking to their specification - its a relief when they do. Just a few do, and it greatly increase our confidence in the signal. We can then spot technology anomalies very quickly and resolve them b4 they become a real problem. I understand there is no guarantee that we will profit in this game but the signal market is so fraught with danger that i think it requires special care to differentiate yourself. Unfortunately RAS has few mechanisms to protect us from errant signal providers and if there are substantial sums involved we have to be as careful as we can.

Thanks for listening - and keep up the good job

ianj:
Thats much better - at least we know what to expect - Its is as much about trust (or otherwise) in the RAS technology as your trading style. If you say 20, and then open 53 i think there is something wrong and seeing as it is heading for the margin call pretty quickly i was alarmed - If i KNOW, (as i do now) that you have the limits firmly in mind then i can at least rest easy that we are operating within the "normal" limits of the account.

BTW It looks you shifted into some form of grid or pretty aggressive cost averaging mode - as if the models changed into a recovery mode - are you able to say what the threshold/criteria is before your trading style changes?

I did look at the description but you had already exceeded the max open positions on a previous occasion - which was 20. As i said, i am not being critical of the strategy - i just want to know when somone is in control and when they are not. The RAS technology has sufficient reliability concerns that we have to fall back to your specifications to see if everything is "normal". I myself have alarms which indicate whether an account is outside of normal operating range and yesterday they were going mad once they crossed a margin theshold.

Many (perhaps most !) of the signal providers on RAS have no discipline when it comes to sticking to their specification - its a relief when they do. Just a few do, and it greatly increase our confidence in the signal. We can then spot technology anomalies very quickly and resolve them b4 they become a real problem. I understand there is no guarantee that we will profit in this game but the signal market is so fraught with danger that i think it requires special care to differentiate yourself. Unfortunately RAS has few mechanisms to protect us from errant signal providers and if there are substantial sums involved we have to be as careful as we can.

Thanks for listening - and keep up the good job

Hi,

I am well aware of issues regarding the signal. Unfortunatelly as we go , we learn from the past . EA is set to be aggressive , when Equity get's to the previous low over the longer period of time ( in US afternoon session ). We call that Equity swing management. It is one of the money management we use in aggressive trading strategies (see Picture) . 53 opened position is now set to be 20 and not to exceed. . I have changed the EA not to produce signal if 20 positions are already opened . It is definitelly my mistake to let it run this wild . If signals are strong ...and even fundaments agree...percentage of winning trades is great...in statistics..we are 90% right if such times occur . But of course , there is the other side , which is proper risk management . Now even with the greatest risk ...account should be protected against Margin Call .

Thx for constructive criticism - always appreciated

Regards

Radim

Files:
30465.png  51 kb

Perfect!

From my point of view, for the most of the your subscribers would be MUCH better have 54 pips from 2 positions per day like you did it today. And do not have lost positions .... Am i right, guys?

Thanks Radim and PLS, keep this trend in the future!

nettrader:
From my point of view, for the most of the your subscribers would be MUCH better have 54 pips from 2 positions per day like you did it today. And do not have lost positions .... Am i right, guys? Thanks Radim and PLS, keep this trend in the future!

Hey Nettrader,

I am not going to change really anything . Will keep the strategy running as it suposed to . The point of having aggressive approach mixed with moderate to conservative is in there . Next statistics Video i will try to explain bit more about how each system is set and what trading times are with lowest risk and the highest risk taken and why .

Today is not different, but since our euity just past the Highes high, we do not need to turn Aggressive trading style untill the next swing .

Regards

Radim

Hey Subscribers and everyone !

We are done for the week . I will work on the totals and statistics . Having some ideas to improve profitability and cut the risk for those who interested. So be with me and i will make it available soon .

Now the other less attractive thing

I cannot overlook new performance calculating system at RAS . Unfortunatelly it is getting way too close to the ZULU . And i just hope , that it will not become anotherPIP HUNTING service , where the best just makes thousands of pips a week , but clients will keep loosing . That's why we off the ZULU and we like the concept of the RAS , even the technical issue is still a big one. But i believe RAS is working hard to get everything in order and improving every week.

I wish there is a statistical software to tell potential subscribers of the best and worse trading systems based on reality , to avoid confusion as it does now . As we all know, to make thousands of pips a week is possible ,but not as important as consistent and long term profit with reasonable risk . I am not saying ,that our signal is one of those....since it is and suposed to be aggressive, but there is a many good ones overthere far in the back...and the hardcore crazy risk ones in the front....

Wish everyone of You great weekend !!

Radim

Agreed

czechdaytrader:

I cannot overlook new performance calculating system at RAS . Unfortunatelly it is getting way too close to the ZULU . And i just hope , that it will not become anotherPIP HUNTING service , where the best just makes thousands of pips a week , but clients will keep loosing . That's why we off the ZULU and we like the concept of the RAS , even the technical issue is still a big one. But i believe RAS is working hard to get everything in order and improving every week.

I wish there is a statistical software to tell potential subscribers of the best and worse trading systems based on reality , to avoid confusion as it does now . As we all know, to make thousands of pips a week is possible ,but not as important as consistent and long term profit with reasonable risk . I am not saying ,that our signal is one of those....since it is and suposed to be aggressive, but there is a many good ones overthere far in the back...and the hardcore crazy risk ones in the front....

I totally agree with you. I was pointing at their ranking system several times but it looks like they are happy with how it works.

Look here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179175/page47

and here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179175/page47, where it reads

Not so many people are interested that some EAs performed very good in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 by forward testing or trading ... they need the results for now and for past week.

I agree with you but it is the reality: we like it or not.

... which is ridiculous

When you go to "Find a signal" page there are signals whose total gain is a loss (yes losers on the first, second and third pages), but because they made some pips last week they get among top signals...

No more comments...

RAS "Discipline Trader" monthly Statistics

Hey Subscribers !

Here is the Video of last month + over all simple statistics !

RAS Discipline Trader Statistics - 2nd month and extra info

There are extra informations inside on our trading and issues we have experienced in the last 2 months.

As You can see, we are keeping on being aggressive traders . I had a plan to start another signal , which would be very conservative and purely manual, but there is no time and space and i am still not 100% sure about technical reliability of RAS EA . As well as i don't want to show more ,than necessary

I will post info on our trading style during the aggressive times in here , to make sure You guys are ready for heavy risks. If You will not feel like to be aggressive, than You could turn Your EA off for those times . Please watch this thread for such informations !

Let's make some $$$ now

Regards

Radim

czechdaytrader:
Hey Subscribers !

Here is the Video of last month + over all simple statistics !

There are extra informations inside on our trading and issues we have experienced in the last 2 months.

As You can see, we are keeping on being aggressive traders . I had a plan to start another signal , which would be very conservative and purely manual, but there is no time and space and i am still not 100% sure about technical reliability of RAS EA . As well as i don't want to show more ,than necessary

I will post info on our trading style during the aggressive times in here , to make sure You guys are ready for heavy risks. If You will not feel like to be aggressive, than You could turn Your EA off for those times . Please watch this thread for such informations !

Let's make some $$$ now

Regards

Radim

Hi Radim,

I can not see this video, could you replace to different server?

Thanks,

Reason: