Globis forex - page 9

pigglywiggly:
Is the cost of using a VPS and the cost of the subscription keeping you from getting ahead?

I have a UK account and VPS is about $50 + subscription cost approximately $100.

I was curious if it better to save more money so the lot sizes traded are larger, thus greater return offsetting the "upkeep" costs.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

If you sign up with FXCM-UK, they will provide you a free VPS via Boston-Technologies ... I've been mostly happy with that combination (so far, only 3 downtime issues in the last month due to FXCM servers, luckily only suffered 1 trade casualty during those times). Just keep a close eye on MT4, FXCM and the VPS. I highly recommend using the "RAS Connectivity Logger" to monitor connection issues whether you use MT4 on the VPS or at home.

I'd also recommend using a commission rakeback service like http://www.cashbackforex.com/ ... they pay monthly and also allow you to earn commissions from people you refer. I'd post my cashbackforex referral link but that'd probably be a conflict of interest.

Min lot size

Hi, Im very interested in using your service, there was just one thing I was wondering about, the min lot size.

You say that if your using a $1000 account then you should make the lots .01, but on the rentasignal site on your stats it says the min lots size is .1

I asked a rentasignal person on the live chat and they said you can only use the providers min lot size and I can't make it smaller. Is he wrong?

Is there a way to use your service a trade lots as small as .01? If it is possible please explain how to do it. I will be using a $3000 account and I dont want to risk using to big of lots.

Just one more thing. When I join your service will you provide the inputs for the EA because there are a lot of different variables and im not sure if I understand them all.

Thanks so much

sab68whiskey:
Hi, Im very interested in using your service, there was just one thing I was wondering about, the min lot size.

You say that if your using a $1000 account then you should make the lots .01, but on the rentasignal site on your stats it says the min lots size is .1

I asked a rentasignal person on the live chat and they said you can only use the providers min lot size and I can't make it smaller. Is he wrong?

Is there a way to use your service a trade lots as small as .01? If it is possible please explain how to do it. I will be using a $3000 account and I dont want to risk using to big of lots.

Just one more thing. When I join your service will you provide the inputs for the EA because there are a lot of different variables and im not sure if I understand them all.

Thanks so much

whiskey,

It depends on the type of account you open. In order to trade with a minimum lot size of 0.01 you will typically need to have a "Micro" account. There are some exceptions. Some brokers will allow "Mini" account holders to trade with less than 0.10 lots but that often requires special permission.

Typically:

Micro account minimum lot size = 0.01

Mini account minimum lot size = 0.10

Standard account minimum lot size = 1.00

Anyway, even if you tried to open a position with a lot size smaller than the minimum, the broker would default the trade to the minimum. For example, if you have a "Mini" account and you open a position for 0.03 lots, the broker would default the lot size to 0.10.

Update: After posting all this, apparently FXCM servers and MT4 lost functionality yesterday and today. I'm glad I checked on my account a moment ago ... one position that the signal provider closed out was still sitting open on my live account. I had to call the trading desk to have them manually close the trade. FXCM said there was a computer glitch yesterday that is still lingering that is preventing MT4 from closing out positions. Please regularly verify your live accounts with the signal provider's account here on RAS.

Unfortunately, because of this ongoing glitch I'm unable to open new positions ... RAS_ID 622310 wouldn't open

ref: Trading Station Update Center at FX Trading Station Support Portal

02/25/2010

We have received reports that MT4 clients may be having trouble closing

open positions or modifying orders.

If you are trying to close an existing position, please do so over the

phone with our Trading Desk. The direct number to our trading desk is

1-212-201-7300. For a list of international toll-free numbers, please follow

this link to our Contact page.

If you believe your account(s) were negatively affected

and would like us to review your trade(s), please submit an Audit form.

02/24/2010

FXCM experienced a technical issue at approximately 10:27 EDT February 24th

that resulted in margin calls for clients with

open positions on the following pairs

AUD/USD, USD/CAD, NZD/USD, USD/CHF, EUR/AUD, AUD/NZD

If you received a margin call within a few minutes of 10:27 EDT

your account may have been erroneously affected.

The majority of accounts should now be rolled back to 10:27 EDT.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing any technical issues

If you believe your account(s) were negatively affected

and would like us to review your trade(s), please submit an Audit form.

FXCM takes these matters very seriously and is committed to help you

resolve these issues in a timely manner.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you!

Thank you for the help

Dear mandelmus

Thank you for the help on this thread. Seems like you are an active memeber.

Sorry everyone for delays messages, but this week was very busy for as, and we a tons of e-mails to reply to. Hopefully we will catch up ourself at the weekend.

Thank you again mandelmus!

No trades?!?

Hi,

i didn't get these two trades this afternoon:

18200519 2010.02.26 14:30 buy 0.30 audjpy 79.372 0.000 79.880 2010.02.26 17:19 79.767 0.00 0.00 0.00 97.50

18206511 2010.02.26 17:04 sell 0.10 eurgbp 0.89635 0.00000 0.89330 2010.02.26 18:59 0.89330 0.00 0.00 0.00 34.14

The Error-Code was 133 the broker is Alpari,

did anyone else had these problems??

I've also a Demoaccount and it made these two trades fine

globisforex:
Dear mandelmus

Thank you for the help on this thread. Seems like you are an active memeber.

Thank you again mandelmus!

You are welcome, Globis Forex. I'm very happy with your service and happy to help others who are active on this thread.

Rippes:
Hi,

i didn't get these two trades this afternoon:

18200519 2010.02.26 14:30 buy 0.30 audjpy 79.372 0.000 79.880 2010.02.26 17:19 79.767 0.00 0.00 0.00 97.50

18206511 2010.02.26 17:04 sell 0.10 eurgbp 0.89635 0.00000 0.89330 2010.02.26 18:59 0.89330 0.00 0.00 0.00 34.14

The Error-Code was 133 the broker is Alpari,

did anyone else had these problems??

I've also a Demoaccount and it made these two trades fine

In the future, please also include the RAS_ID next to the trades for easier identification.

Supposedly RAS won't place a trade if your broker's current price is "significantly" different than what was sent by the signal provider. This can happen for a variety of reasons and usually relates to connectivity issues, here are some reasons ...

1) you may have lost your Internet connection

2) your MT4 platform may have lost connection with your broker's server ... my MT4 platform "froze up" Thursday and I had to restart it

3) your broker's server may have crashed

4) your RAS_EA on the MT4 platform may have lost it's connection with the RAS servers

5) the RAS server may have crashed

6) the RAS signal provider may have lost his/her connection with the RAS servers (for any of the reasons already mentioned)

7) if you are using a VPS than add any connectivity issues with the VPS

... almost ALL of these have happened to me at least once in the past month.

Watch your account frequently throughout the day. I'd also recommend you use the "RAS Connectivity Logger EA". Search for it on this forum; it will log most connection issues for you. I have had to send those log files to FXCM in order for them to investigate a trade that went bad during one of their server crashes. I'm still happy with FXCM because they removed the trade from my account (made the trade = 0, no profit or loss) while they investigate the issue.

I did have a lot of problems with FXCM toward the end of last week. I had to close out one trade manually and MT4 didn't open a trade provided by the RAS_EA. FXCM admitted that they were working to fix a software bug with MT4 and their servers.

Has anyone had problems today? Today all my open positions were partially closed to become sized at 0.01. This closed pretty much all the drawdown and put me into a large loss. Has anyone had anything similar?

Reason: