Globis forex - page 12

mandelmus:
whiskey,

It depends on the type of account you open. In order to trade with a minimum lot size of 0.01 you will typically need to have a "Micro" account. There are some exceptions. Some brokers will allow "Mini" account holders to trade with less than 0.10 lots but that often requires special permission.

Typically:

Micro account minimum lot size = 0.01

Mini account minimum lot size = 0.10

Standard account minimum lot size = 1.00

Anyway, even if you tried to open a position with a lot size smaller than the minimum, the broker would default the trade to the minimum. For example, if you have a "Mini" account and you open a position for 0.03 lots, the broker would default the lot size to 0.10.

Thanks mandelmus, but thats not excatly what Im asking. I do have a mini account and I can make orders with the size of .01, but I'm asking about the rent-a-singal software, I mean how to do you make the trades that come through the RAS EA a .01 lot size?

Because on globis forex stats on rent-a-signal it says a min lot of .1

So is there a variable section in the RAS EA to make me use .01 when globis sends the signal? And if that is possible can you tell me how?

Thanks

spencer36:
I have found using a tick sender to really help with getting in and out of trades on time.

MT4 MSFX-Tick Sender | Mistigri

Metatrader tick sender tool for developers - MQL4 forum

Thanks for the tip Spencer. I've seen your post before about the MSFX-Tick Sender and will try it out this coming week.

Update: After watching the instructional video on "MT4 MSFX-Tick Sender", it looks like it runs as an executable application. Unless I convince Boston-Technologies I don't think they'll let me run an executable on their VPS. I wonder if there's an alternative version that runs as an EA.

sab68whiskey:
Thanks mandelmus, but thats not excatly what Im asking. I do have a mini account and I can make orders with the size of .01, but I'm asking about the rent-a-singal software, I mean how to do you make the trades that come through the RAS EA a .01 lot size?

Because on globis forex stats on rent-a-signal it says a min lot of .1

So is there a variable section in the RAS EA to make me use .01 when globis sends the signal? And if that is possible can you tell me how?

Thanks

RAS tech support would be better at answering this question than me, but I believe this might be possible through combinations of the "buyer_lots_multiplier" and "buyer_lots_max_per_trade" settings.

What happens when you set "buyer_lots_max_per_trade" to 0.01?

Of course this would also require that your broker allows your MT4 platform to send out orders for 0.01 lot size. I was informed that even though I was allowed to trade micro lots on my mini account, I had to place the trades through the broker's proprietary trade manager software, not MT4. They said that even if I placed an order for less than 0.10, MT4 would round the order up to the nearest 0.10 lot size.

Are you able to place manual orders of 0.01 lot size via your broker's MT4 platform?

mandelmus:
I've noticed several posts similar to yours and it's tough to determine exactly where the problem exists. I've compared the various posts with my experiences and, fortunately, most of my RAS trades have hit within minutes (usually within 10 minutes) of the signal provider. Obviously quotes and spreads between brokers may differ significantly so plays a big part.

The only time I've had similar problems was when the FXCM servers went down for several hours. All trades submitted by the signal provider during the server outtage were exectuted as soon as the servers came back online. I was surprised that the trades executed because I thought that the RAS_EA would not place the trade if the "current price" was significantly different from the price submitted by the signal provider. Maybe the RAS_EA submitted the orders based on the "existing price" listed on the "frozen" MT4 platform and when the servers came back online, MT4 submitted those "old" orders.

Are you using the "RAS Connection Logger"? Have you reviewed the connection logs?

Thanks, I'll put the connection logger on to see if that can help identify the cause next time. Reading a few posts back I guess it seems inevitable there will be connection problems since there are several possible points of failure (MT4 to broker, broker to RAS, RAS to seller etc). Still, the majority of trades are opening and closing on time and the account is positive so far.

mandelmus:
That's true guro, except when the signal provider uses a lot size other than 0.20 ... if you review the trade history you'll see this happens occasionally, and the signal provider mentioned that they want to increase their lot size soon ... that's why using "buyer_lots_max_per_trade" might be a better approach.

Also I read somewhere on RAS support that the lots multiplier shouldn't be set less than 1 - when I tried this it was causing some issues, like opening and closing an order straight away. Setting the max lots has worked fine for me.

Reason: