Help with a VPS

I bought a VPS in the meta trader platform, am confused how it works, I was expecting to log in like all other VPS providers I have used in the past but I was surprised to stay on my PC and just have to perform some sort of migration which I have done, but am confused, does it mean when I perform operations on my normal MT4 platform they mirror directly onto the VPS, am worried because I'm still in my normal PC and the latency is still the normal one.

My EA operates in a way that I have to manually execute it(the reason for the VPS is for the lower latency, not automated trading or signals) so am asking do I just execute the trades on my normal account and they will use

the latency of the VPS(it is 0.8ms)?

Do I have to choose the migrate/synchronize option each time I want to use the VPS?

The Metatrader youtube explainer videos about VPS only show how to purchase it but have very scant information on how to use it.

Will appreciate any help, dont understand why Metatrader always makes their platform complicated and non use friendly.

MQL5 VPS does not work as a traditional VPS.
Read some information below about how it works:

Launching MetaTrader VPS: A step-by-step guide for first-time users
Launching MetaTrader VPS: A step-by-step guide for first-time users
  • www.mql5.com
Everyone who uses trading robots or signal subscriptions sooner or later recognizes the need to rent a reliable 24/7 hosting server for their tradi...

Sergey Golubev #:

Now am trying to migrate my EA and it says its not failed "please recompile" am no programmer am just a trader, how am I supposed to recompile a program I did not create?? Metaquotes you are soo unfriendly!!

Denard Wogube #:

Now am trying to migrate my EA and it says its not failed "please recompile" am no programmer am just a trader, how am I supposed to recompile a program I did not create?? Metaquotes you are soo unfriendly!!

this error "please recompile" means the following: your EA compiled with old MetaEditor (for old build of Metatrader), and you should compile this EA (source code) with MetaEditor once again (and repeat the migration).

Denard Wogube #:
how am I supposed to recompile a program I did not create??
Where did you get this EA from?
If you do not have source code for this EA so ask the author to recompile this EA with the latest build(s) of MetaEditor.

Sergey Golubev #:

Also, if I place manual trades on my account, do they automatically get reflected on the VPS, for example if I put a sell stop, does it get onto the VPS so that during execution if price reaches it, it uses the VPS latency and not my PC latency?

Denard Wogube #:

Also, if I place manual trades on my account, do they automatically get reflected on the VPS, for example if I put a sell stop, does it get onto the VPS so that during execution if price reaches it, it uses the VPS latency and not my PC latency?

Did you read the information I provided on post ?
Seems, not ...

This MQL5 VPS is the "Metatrader in cloud". Yes, it is the other your Metatrader but in cloud.
It is connected to your trading account too.
It means - if the  trade is opened on your trading account with your home Metatrader so the other Metatrader (MQL5 VPS) will have this trade too because those both Metatraders are connected to one trading account.

---------------------

But this MQL5 VPS is mostly for signal subscription and for autotrading (by EAs).
The people are using MQL5 VPS just because they do not want to keep the computer to be opened in 24/7 for example.

---------------------

read information from post

Help with a VPS
Help with a VPS
  • www.mql5.com
I bought a VPS in the meta trader platform, am confused how it works, I was expecting to log in like all other VPS providers I have used in the pas...

Sergey Golubev #:

Did you read the information I provided on post ?
Seems, not ...

This MQL5 VPS is the "Metatrader in cloud". Yes, it is the other your Metatrader but in cloud.
It is connected to your trading account too.
It means - if the  trade is opened on your trading account with your home Metatrader so the other Metatrader (MQL5 VPS) will have this trade too because those both Metatraders are connected to one trading account.

---------------------

But this MQL5 VPS is mostly for signal subscription and for autotrading (by EAs).
The people are using MQL5 VPS just because they do not want to keep the computer to be opened in 24/7 for example.

---------------------

read information from post

Yes I read the first information, my use of the VPS unlike most people is to utilise the lower latency to reduce slippage during news events, not for signals. I asked because this migration thing made me wonder if I place trades I will have to migrate them too lol but thanks for answering.

Denard Wogube #:

Yes I read the first information, my use of the VPS unlike most people is to utilise the lower latency to reduce slippage during news events, not for signals. I asked because this migration thing made me wonder if I place trades I will have to migrate them too lol but thanks for answering.

You do not need to migrate the trades.
Because those two Metatrader instances (your home computer Metatrader and this "Metatrader in cloud") are connected to same your trading account.
And because the trades are taken on trading account.

-------------------------

But I am not sure about pending orders ... means: if you place pending order and close your home computer - will those pending orders be executed on your trading account by using MQL5 VPS?
No idea ... you can try to test it.

Sergey Golubev #:
Where did you get this EA from?
If you do not have source code for this EA so ask the author to recompile this EA with the latest build(s) of MetaEditor.

One last question, so I can only use the VPS for that particular broker? I cant login to another trade account and use the same VPS? Confused!

Denard Wogube #:

One last question, so I can only use the VPS for that particular broker? I cant login to another trade account and use the same VPS? Confused!

This MQL5 VPS is per trading account.
You can only use this MQL5 VPS for particular trading account: https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions
Reason: