Requests & Ideas - page 621

mladen:
Will check what can be done :)

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for encouraging smile,all i want ..... a new life to half trend indicator created by your own idea and logic along with a multi dimensional lay out possibilities :):)

regards

Hello Mladen !
This indicator seems to be behaving strange ,i have made too many expert advisors of this one but every single condition im testing with it , it just triggers everything it seems and empties the account in a second.
I backtested the indicator itself too see if the alert was in order but it dosnt even know when to do that .

I want it to know when the wicks is above / below the two atr lines , has to be something messed up in the buffers , so it can act and alert as it should :)

It should be a good indicator to have in any strategy it it works :)
Files:

timmyhanke:
Hello Mladen !
This indicator seems to be behaving strange ,i have made too many expert advisors of this one but every single condition im testing with it , it just triggers everything it seems and empties the account in a second.
I backtested the indicator itself too see if the alert was in order but it dosnt even know when to do that .

I want it to know when the wicks is above / below the two atr lines , has to be something messed up in the buffers , so it can act and alert as it should :)

It should be a good indicator to have in any strategy it it works :)
Any of the (two) wicks?

mladen:
Any of the (two) wicks?
Buffer 0 and 1 :)

timmyhanke:
Buffer 0 and 1 :)
Sorry, you lost me. What should be in buffers 0 and 1? And how does that relate to my question?

mladen:
Sorry, you lost me. What should be in buffers 0 and 1? And how does that relate to my question?
the idea that i want of the indicator is if buffer 0 is above buffer 2 alert for sell and if
Buffer 1 is below 3 for buy . 

But it dosnt alert that way at all , and i dont think it know when the 0 and 1 buffer crosses any of the horizontal lines ( buffer 2,3 ) 

timmyhanke:
the idea that i want of the indicator is if buffer 0 is above buffer 2 alert for sell and if
Buffer 1 is below 3 for buy . 

But it dosnt alert that way at all , and i dont think it know when the 0 and 1 buffer crosses any of the horizontal lines ( buffer 2,3 ) 

Let me try this way :

• red (buffer 0) is the upper wick
  • blue (buffer 1) is the lower wick
  • if either of them is exceeding the atr line (symmetrical to zero line) it should alert?

If that is the question, then, you need to have two "trend" buffers, not 1 (since - when ShowNetWick is set to false) wicks can exceed atr lines at same time (on same bar).

mladen:

Let me try this way :

• red (buffer 0) is the upper wick
  • blue (buffer 1) is the lower wick
  • if either of them is exceeding the atr line (symmetrical to zero line) it should alert?

If that is the question, then, you need to have two "trend" buffers, not 1 (since - when ShowNetWick is set to false) wicks can exceed atr lines at same time (on same bar). Also I fail to see the logic of the net wick it is made now. If it should show the total wick (upper + lower wick) then it is made wrong, since it does not do that way now. The way it is made now it is showing the difference of two wicks. Is that what it was supposed to show?

Yes i want it to alert if any of the buffers 0 or 1 exceeding the atr lines.

The idea that i wanted out of this indicator is that it shows one wick forming when the body of the candle drops on a bullish and rises on a bearish candle and if the wick that was created gets big enough to exceed one of the bands it should alert .

So the shownetwick set to true seems to be the best way for that :)

Hope you understand what i ment and hope you can help :)

timmyhanke:
Yes i want it to alert if any of the buffers 0 or 1 exceeding the atr lines.

The idea that i wanted out of this indicator is that it shows one wick forming when the body of the candle drops on a bullish and rises on a bearish candle and if the wick that was created gets big enough to exceed one of the bands it should alert .

So the shownetwick set to true seems to be the best way for that :)

Hope you understand what i ment and hope you can help :)

In that case the alerts are working as you described (ie : the first time the "trend" is changed - upper wick breaks upper band or lower wick breaks lower band - it will alert you). If you want it to alert you on each break of the bands change line 129 from this :

trend[pos] = trend[pos+1];

to this :

trend[pos] = 0;

and also change the alerting code to this :

if (alertsOn)
   {
     if (alertsOnCurrent)
          int whichBar = 0;
     else     whichBar = 1;
     if (trend[whichBar] != trend[whichBar+1])
     {
        if (trend[whichBar] ==  1) doAlert("Buy");
        if (trend[whichBar] == -1) doAlert("Sell");       
      }        
   }

and then it will alert you one each and every break of the atr band

mladen:

In that case the alerts are working as you described (ie : the first time the "trend" is changed - upper wick breaks upper band or lower wick breaks lower band - it will alert you). If you want it to alert you on each break of the bands change line 129 from this :

to this :

and also change the alerting code to this :

and then it will alert you one each and every break of the atr band

thank you for your help , it works now ! :)
But now it alerts on every new bar what the previous alert was , can that be changed so it only alerts when the breaks happends ? :)
Reason: