MT4 30 pips system - page 22

Thank you for explaining.

I'm just trying to write EA that'll be specialize in grid trading, cause I like it, during I've read this thread .

And firstly I've tried to find out the flat, but signals appeared lately. So I've started using MACD, but equity runs away ;( So, main problem for me now, is to find the best way to leave market...

Closing positions using MACD, makes some big lapses.

So, I'll be glad if someone suggest some good exit.

2 jpsdyb

Have you seen the "GridMACD" thread, do like it? (I mean EA)

I ask you because I'd like to know, if this EA accords your view to the grid trading?

jpsdyb:
Some grid systems use trending , others use ranging, and some use a divider for buys above and sells below. So MACD is if you are interested in a trending system. The author of this thread mentioned buying and selling at the same time every X pips...which in a short time will blow up your account. This is why I mentioned the use of MACD. EDIT: Here's what I am getting at by not having to follow...or actually I should of said "look" for a trend. If we were to use a grid high/grid low approach we could profit hugely if we set this up in front of a big move. The other way trading in the direction of MACD again in front of a huge move, would allow only a small amount of losers or none at all as we took the huge move for a ride. You really need to look at the EA and read the threads, as it can be complex to describe in detail.

Then you are just looking for that which side is more stronger bullish or bearish by MACD, aren't you? And if bulish is so, then you trade buy side only unlike dazix's system, am I right?

jpsdyb:
This could definately help, I have actually looked at BB bands on a daily in the past...but for me the problem was entries did not occur often enough "for me". There could be value to using them.

Judging by the posts you certainly appear to have a passion for this. You have also mentioned to read the "other" threads for more information. Well, there is actually quite a number of threads that discuss these ideas.

1) In your opinion, which one do you think most closely resembles your style of trading? Would you be able to post a link to it? and

2) Do you this manually or with an EA? (if so, which one?)

3) For you, what is "often enough"? (if I may ask that is)

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies.

Forward Test Issues

As I previously mentioned I have been forward testing several versions of 30pips EA. Generally the EA performs well but sometimes makes things that are strange for me. That is, the EA close all floating orders and cancel all pending orders and in doing so, causes loss to the account (both the balance and the equity are decreased at such an occasion).

Perhaps only I have been testing this EA or perhaps only I observe this behaviour? Nevertheless, today it made this "cleaning work" on two of my test accounts. The EA printed "Reached StopOut Limit" on the screen and blocked its further work for today. I cannot find out the connection between the settings and this behaviour of the EA, so if anybody knows it, please post here the solution.

I attach the statements and the screenshots as well as the settings of one of the test EAs (the other is almost the same, only the TP is different).

I've made some EA based on jpsdyb idea. Please look and say what is wrong.

Files:
grid2.mq4  5 kb

m1rr0r:
Closing positions using MACD, makes some big lapses. So, I'll be glad if someone suggest some good exit.

The equity stop works great for an exit...so does profit target, or using trailing stops instead of take profit levels. Entry is just as important as exit

tsuok:
Then you are just looking for that which side is more stronger bullish or bearish by MACD, aren't you? And if bulish is so, then you trade buy side only unlike dazix's system, am I right?

Yes. There is no reason for both buying and selling at the same time unless doing it in a very tight range. By going with some indicator, and indicator...we are at least filtering out some of the opposite trades that will be big killers to your account. If we are in a buying market, grab buys only. We can always pick up sells orders on the way down. There is no need to grab them right now.

m1rr0r:
I've made some EA based on jpsdyb idea. Please look and say what is wrong.

I like the idea of exit strategy on this. I have been working on something very similar using the crossing to exit out my orders. My problem is I do not like losses...so the way I was looking to create the exit strategy was to only let MACD exit my positions if the sum of all open orders is positive.

saltcafe:
Judging by the posts you certainly appear to have a passion for this. You have also mentioned to read the "other" threads for more information. Well, there is actually quite a number of threads that discuss these ideas.

1) In your opinion, which one do you think most closely resembles your style of trading? Would you be able to post a link to it? and

2) Do you this manually or with an EA? (if so, which one?)

3) For you, what is "often enough"? (if I may ask that is)

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies.

Thank you saltcafe...yes i do have a passion for it. I even own the web site: gridtraders.com (still be constructed). I plan on posting links there in the near future. You've asked a tough question only because my "trading style" is still being defined. I think my favorite so far is using an "early signal of MACD" where the trades begin on the second bar crossing 0 verses the third bar. It does not use a takeprofit level, but closes trades like this: If order profit is = +40 pips then set my stop at +20pips and trail 20 pips. Why this method? Well one it still collects on the ranges, but is able to better withstand the big trending moves. I trade with EA only, never manually. What is often enough...well using bollinger bands on a daily chart occurs only once a week...sometimes once a month. I don't like to wait this long. Here is a pic using the bollinger bands for entry ...but like everything else they do not always work.

Files:
Reason: