Requests & Ideas - page 175

Sar support and resistance

Hello mladen, there is nothing required from leosony2 , i made reference to it just for the design of horizontal dots, i believe you must done similar design with some other indicators, good to hear from you. PB. PLEASE IGNORE THAT INDICATOR ( LEOSONY2 ) YOUR POINT IS NOTED.

Hi Mladen..

Could you please make 2 alarms on this indicator?

Alarm1: Is when it touches either the bottom line or the top line.

Alarm2: Is when it breakes and closes below/over the bottom or top line.

It should also be possible to turn the alarms on/off.

Thanks in advance!

Halvard

equdistant_channel_-_semi-automatic.mq4

halvardu:

Forgot the indicator..

Halvard

"Touching" is a highly subjective category as far as computer programs are concerned. we (men) consider touches when something is even just visually close to something else and we consider those values as "touching". As far as computer is concerned touch would be only in case when two values are completely the same which is a very, very rare case. So in order to have "touches" on two values some tolerance must be introduced (for example if abs( value1 - value2) < 1 pip) or rounding must be done, but then that directly overlaps with crosses conditions. That is one of the reasons I do not like to code "touches" : what looks like a touch to you will almost sure not look like a touch to a PC and it is so highly dependent on our perception and different time frames (2 pip distance on a monthly chart will for sure look the same as 1 pip distance to our eye on a monthly chart, while to PC it will not be so). The second reason why I don't like touches is that if they are applied to current bar, there are going to be "touches" whenever price crosses the other value (at some stage they will fall into the tolerance range) and then it will become a cross.

In my mind touches on PC are falling into same category as divergence : men can see it very easy while PC can not

As far as crosses are concerned, they are uniquely definable so a code can not make mistake as far as that is concerned and it can be done

Hope you don't mind this a bit lengthier post, but I thought that I should tell these things

halvardu:
Hi Mladen..

Could you please make 2 alarms on this indicator?

Alarm1: Is when it touches either the bottom line or the top line.

Alarm2: Is when it breakes and closes below/over the bottom or top line.

It should also be possible to turn the alarms on/off.

Thanks in advance!

Halvard

equdistant_channel_-_semi-automatic.mq4

Thanks for the reply Mladen

Maybe it can alert when the price move true the line and then retrace again, it will then not be a break but a proberly retracement in price?. If this is not possible? can you please make the break alert, when the close price break the channel?.

Here is a picture of what i had in mind..

Thanks alot

Halvard

mladen:
Halvard

"Touching" is a highly subjective category as far as computer programs are concerned. we (men) consider touches when something is even just visually close to something else and we consider those values as "touching". As far as computer is concerned touch would be only in case when two values are completely the same which is a very, very rare case. So in order to have "touches" on two values some tolerance must be introduced (for example if abs( value1 - value2) < 1 pip) or rounding must be done, but then that directly overlaps with crosses conditions. That is one of the reasons I do not like to code "touches" : what looks like a touch to you will almost sure not look like a touch to a PC and it is so highly dependent on our perception and different time frames (2 pip distance on a monthly chart will for sure look the same as 1 pip distance to our eye on a monthly chart, while to PC it will not be so). The second reason why I don't like touches is that if they are applied to current bar, there are going to be "touches" whenever price crosses the other value (at some stage they will fall into the tolerance range) and then it will become a cross.

In my mind touches on PC are falling into same category as divergence : men can see it very easy while PC can not

As far as crosses are concerned, they are uniquely definable so a code can not make mistake as far as that is concerned and it can be done

Hope you don't mind this a bit lengthier post, but I thought that I should tell these things
Files:
channel.gif  298 kb

OK

Will be done

halvardu:
Thanks for the reply Mladen

Maybe it can alert when the price move true the line and then retrace again, it will then not be a break but a proberly retracement in price?. If this is not possible? can you please make the break alert, when the close price break the channel?.

Thanks alot

Halvard

Halvard,

It seems that the ObjectGetValueByShift() that is usually used to get values (price) of an object at a specific bar, does not work with channel type objects (that indicator is actually an object drawn on chart). Without that it is not possible to know the exact price values of channel lines at specified bars. Will try to find some solution for that, but so far I did not find any.

Just wanted to keep you updated as far as that indicator is concerned

Hi, thanks for the update Mladen . Maybe its better to use another type of channel indicator for this?? but I think you know that better than me .

Thanks for the help

Regards

Halvard

mladen:
Halvard,

It seems that the ObjectGetValueByShift() that is usually used to get values (price) of an object at a specific bar, does not work with channel type objects (that indicator is actually an object drawn on chart). Without that it is not possible to know the exact price values of channel lines at specified bars. Will try to find some solution for that, but so far I did not find any.

Just wanted to keep you updated as far as that indicator is concerned

Buy - sell boundary line ( sar )

Hello mladen, compliments of the season, further to my request,please simply use parabolic sar dots ( on a horizontal line ) in drawing the support and resistance price levels to be pinpointed by the new indicator ( this is what i should have simply used to describe the design earlier instead of referring to the leosony2 indicator ),thank you so much for your invaluable service throughout 2012, its highly appreciated.

Re post 1739

HELLO MLADEN, as i checked the fractals thread to read your latest post, i found these 2 indicators which are good illustrations of what i was describing in post 1739.

Files:

Push notifications

Hello Mladen,

I am pleased to say that the push notification worked like a charm with very little lag. Very usable feature. Please consider adding this feature to the other indicators I posted. I greatly appreciate what you do here.

Many thanks,

Eric

Reason: