Requests & Ideas - page 350

Mr. Mladen;

Everybody has different systems, me too but there is only one common fact that earning money. There are tons of systems and indicators. I Know that we should try and decide. I am doing it too.As a prof of forex please advise us which indicators are more logical for you. I am interested only in gold/usd. I do not never trade with other pairs. Thanks

tomitom06:
Mr. Mladen; Everybody has different systems, me too but there is only one common fact that earning money. There are tons of systems and indicators. I Know that we should try and decide. I am doing it too.As a prof of forex please advise us which indicators are more logical for you. I am interested only in gold/usd. I do not never trade with other pairs. Thanks

I, on the other hand, never in my life traded gold ____________________________________________

Anyway, from what I can see, gold has been ranging for the last year. It is making a fresh bottom and it is currently making a classical triple bottom pattern. In cases like that (ranging market, previous bottoms reache when nobody can tell if there will be a break down or a bounce) try using some indicators that can handle long periods of calculation without flattening)

Here is just one example : that is a simple Spearman rank correlation, period 50, and it was showing rather accurately when the oversold and overbought periods were starting and ending :

If you use that as a trend determination basis and then use 1 hour or 4 hour chart as an entry or exit signal (see 4 hour chart with a same indicator and same settings)

then you can get rather accurate trading

That would be a very simplified way to trade gold (but keep in mind that I never traded gold live in my life). If you have symbols like that that are tending to trend (ranging is a kind of trend too) then you are the one that first have to identify what kind of a market you are in and then adjust indicators for such market

On the other hand, to make all those a bit easier, it is no secret that I prefer adaptive indicators. Try using some of the dynamic zone indicators (which are, in effect, adapting the overbought and oversold zones to the market conditions) and since indicators can be checked very easily, even visually, how would they perform in the past, and assuming that there will be no major change in the near future, you can use those effectively

But, if you are looking for scalping or rapid trading, then you have to use completely different set of parameters. But do not forget one thing : scalping on a 1 minute time frame is nonsense (none of the indicators will show you on a 1 minute chart what is the trend) - use higher time frames for scalping to, combine it with proper MM (open an order that your account can handle for at least average daily range change) and combined with expected trend, even scalping should not be as dangerous as when very short time frames are used

Files:
spearman.gif  65 kb
spearman_2.gif  62 kb

Thank you so much for your LONG answer !

trend_analysis__v_3.1.mq4

Dear Mladen,

What about using this one, there is also in the upper right corner an indication of ''Trend'' with number in percentage format. Do you think it's possible to do an indicator which display on the graph only that info (for exemple percent up minus percent down).

mladen:
I still did not find the original source code. Will see what can be done to decipher the whole thing
Files:

rosalieone:
trend_analysis__v_3.1.mq4

Dear Mladen,

What about using this one, there is also in the upper right corner an indication of ''Trend'' with number in percentage format. Do you think it's possible to do an indicator which display on the graph only that info (for exemple percent up minus percent down).

I guess it can be done (even historically) Will check (it needs to check 13 indicator states per each bar - have to check if metatrader can survive that)

Hello mladen,

with the help of your indicators it`s possible for me to find some new trends. In the most cases I can`t find the real moment to close the trade. Sometimes I going to early, and sometimes I going to late out of a trade.

Your indicator QQE Pcm smooth new histo_ mtf + alerts + arrows nmc 2 is a helpful tool for me to find this moments too.

In a lot of cases, I`am busy with my Job and I don`t sit in front of my Screen when the trend is changing and I missing the right moment.

Here is the question:

It`s possible and wise to create a kind of EA only for closing the active trade with the help of your QQE indicator.

The trade should close when when MoMa Slope is crossing at the histogram and the rhomb comes on the screen.

qqe_pcm_smooth_new_histo_mtf__alertsarrows_nmc_2.mq4

What is your opinion

Best wishes

patona

patona:
Hello mladen,

with the help of your indicators it`s possible for me to find some new trends. In the most cases I can`t find the real moment to close the trade. Sometimes I going to early, and sometimes I going to late out of a trade.

Your indicator QQE Pcm smooth new histo_ mtf + alerts + arrows nmc 2 is a helpful tool for me to find this moments too.

In a lot of cases, I`am busy with my Job and I don`t sit in front of my Screen when the trend is changing and I missing the right moment.

Here is the question:

It`s possible and wise to create a kind of EA only for closing the active trade with the help of your QQE indicator.

The trade should close when when MoMa Slope is crossing at the histogram and the rhomb comes on the screen.

qqe_pcm_smooth_new_histo_mtf__alertsarrows_nmc_2.mq4

What is your opinion

Best wishes

patona

patona

It can be made, but what orders should it manage (magic number or any order that is currently opened at the current symbol)?

Hello mladen,

I`ve made the best experience with magic number.

Thanks for your effort.

patona

patona:
Hello mladen,

I`ve made the best experience with magic number.

Thanks for your effort.

patona

patona

OK. I will add an option that it closes orders with a specific magic number (if it was opened using an EA) or with magic number set to 0 (when it was opened manually) in the EA

mladen:
I guess it can be done (even historically) Will check (it needs to check 13 indicator states per each bar - have to check if metatrader can survive that)

Dear Mladen,

I know your time is precious.

Did you manage to see if my request was possible ?

Best regards

Rosalieone

Reason: