Requests & Ideas - page 357

Solariz:
Thanks Mladen, sorry would you mind having another look at it? It doesn't seem to alert on current bar and when I change indicator settings then it resets the line to the current price level and the line doesn't stay at the previously chosen level. Thanks for your time and help!

Solariz

Sorry, but is seems that we are having another case of nonsense bug

When ObjectGetValueByShift() function is called to get the desired price of a horizontal line at the desired bar, it returns a completely crazy error 4205 - ERR_OBJECT_COORDINATES_ERROR and always returns 0 as a result for that operation

Here is a version that does not use that function, and then it is working OK (this one works only for horizontal lines) : horizonal_line_alert_1.mq4

tested it and it works

mladen:
Solariz

When ObjectGetValueByShift() function is called to get the desired price of a horizontal line at the desired bar, it returns a completely crazy error 4205 - ERR_OBJECT_COORDINATES_ERROR and always returns 0 as a result for that operation

Here is a version that does not use that function, and then it is working OK (this one works only for horizontal lines) : horizonal_line_alert_1.mq4

tested it and it works

Sad that MT4 is still so buggy... But thanks for your help Mladen. It works fine now!

Hello,

I have 3 questions about making a manual trading system with 2 offline chart.

There are 2 offline charts, one is for main chart and another is for trend chart.

The first question how I can get the trend on main chart.

To read the trend on main chart, in my humble opinion, it needs “Sender” of trend chart and “Receiver” of main chart.

But I wonder if there is a more effective way to get it.

And second question is what formation should be sent to the main chart.

Because there are 3 indicators to make the trend signal.

Is it better sending the integrated and ultimate trend signal from trend chart to the main chart than sending all signals of 3 indicators respectively?

I wonder which way is more effective and less laggings.

And final question is that the main chart can have the historical data of 3 indicators of the trend chart or not.

Thanks in advance,

ps - sorry for my humble questions...

davidoh:
Hello,

I have 3 questions about making a manual trading system with 2 offline chart.

There are 2 offline charts, one is for main chart and another is for trend chart.

The first question how I can get the trend on main chart.

To read the trend on main chart, in my humble opinion, it needs “Sender” of trend chart and “Receiver” of main chart.

But I wonder if there is a more effective way to get it.

And second question is what formation should be sent to the main chart.

Because there are 3 indicators to make the trend signal.

Is it better sending the integrated and ultimate trend signal from trend chart to the main chart than sending all signals of 3 indicators respectively?

I wonder which way is more effective and less laggings.

And final question is that the main chart can have the historical data of 3 indicators of the trend chart or not.

Thanks in advance,

ps - sorry for my humble questions...

davidoh

If I understand correctly, the core of the questions is if the state of some indicator on a chart that is not on the current chart can be known or not. The answer is : no. We can not read the state of any indicator that is attached to any chart.

So the two ways that can be used is to use iCustom() call (which is the regular way how another indicators are queried in the code) or to alter all the indicators and make them comunicate somehow. That communication method depends purely on the code added and is limited to the predicted values that should be accessible but since they should most probably use global variable, the possibility of an error in that communication becomes very big and it can not be called reliable at all

Dear Mladen,

Do you think you could you do that one nmc dtosc_with_completition_zone.mq4 ?

Thank you

rosalieone:
Dear Mladen,

Do you think you could you do that one nmc dtosc_with_completition_zone.mq4 ?

Thank you

rosalieone

Here you go (added interpolation too while I am at it) : dtosc_with_completition_zone_nmc.mq4

Thank you maestro !

mladen:
rosalieone Here you go (added interpolation too while I am at it) : dtosc_with_completition_zone_nmc.mq4

mladen:
Solariz

tested it and it works

ObjectGetValueByShift() function has always puzzled me.

Anyway:
:mad: ObjectGetValueByShift() function has always puzzled me.

It is used to get a value of a "trend line like objects" at a specific bar. The problem is that even if it writes in the documenatation that : "Applied to trendlines and similar objects." obviously a horizontal line is not a "similar object" any more

mladen:
It is used to get a value of a "trend line like objects" at a specific bar. The problem is that even if it writes in the documenatation that : "Applied to trendlines and similar objects." obviously a horizontal line is not a "similar object" any more

Of course, a horizontal line is a "similar object", so it confused me.

Reason: