Requests & Ideas - page 311

rayphua:
Mladen,

Appreciate your explanation. It would sound like MT5 would be more versatile than MT4, however I get the feeling that there is some resistance from MT4 users to switch to MT5? Any major reason for not switching?

I understand the object issue now, but I take it that it would still look no different visually from the use of a script/ea etc? If there are no visual diffrences, then I am definitely ok with it because the purpose of CCI Study candles with neutral and slope coloring this is for visual confirmation only. Would appreicate your time on this very much, Mladen. Thank you in advance.

rayphua

Did you test trading using metatrader 5?

That is one of the main reasons why metatrader 5 is rejected. Without going into details, but what metaquotes people were lead to believe that the US regulations will force everybody to trade the "metatrader 5 way" proved to be false, and they are left with a dead meat now

As of comparison of metatrader 4 and 5 : just the simplest test - set the same number of bars on chart, use same type of indicator, and watch which one will draw the indicators values faster. Believe me, you are going to clearly see which one is doing it faster (much, much faster). You too can check when did I start posting metatrader 5 code (I believe that I was one of the first ones in the world making and posting metatrader 5 code) but, in all these years, I haven't found a single reason which would convince me to tell that metatrader 5 is better than metatrader 4 (coding and execution wise). Not going to dispute the thing that in my opinion trading is a sequential process and that it has no benefit at all from OOP (except making the whole execution process slower) up to the point that simple structured coding can do the same things as OOP as efficiently as far as coding is concerned (with that speed difference n favor of structured coding). The only. and I repeat, the only thing that was missing from the old metatrader 4 were structures, and now that we have them in the new metatrader 4, for me the story of which one is better is finished

As of drawing objects instead of using buffers approach : there will be some visual difference and you will not be able to use too much bars on the chart (metatrader doe not like too much objects on a chart) and i cases if you use two or more instances on the same chart you are going to get strange visual effects (like color changes when two object overlap)

This indicator isn't working on new MT4

goertzel_browser_5.3.mq4

Files:

engelmann:
This indicator isn't working on new MT4 goertzel_browser_5.3.mq4

This is an updated version : goertzel_browser_5.3_nmc.mq4

Files:

mladen:
rayphua

Did you test trading using metatrader 5?

That is one of the main reasons why metatrader 5 is rejected. Without going into details, but what metaquotes people were lead to believe that the US regulations will force everybody to trade the "metatrader 5 way" proved to be false, and they are left with a dead meat now

As of comparison of metatrader 4 and 5 : just the simplest test - set the same number of bars on chart, use same type of indicator, and watch which one will draw the indicators values faster. Believe me, you are going to clearly see which one is doing it faster (much, much faster). You too can check when did I start posting metatrader 5 code (I believe that I was one of the first ones in the world making and posting metatrader 5 code) but, in all these years, I haven't found a single reason which would convince me to tell that metatrader 5 is better than metatrader 4 (coding and execution wise). Not going to dispute the thing that in my opinion trading is a sequential process and that it has no benefit at all from OOP (except making the whole execution process slower) up to the point that simple structured coding can do the same things as OOP as efficiently as far as coding is concerned (with that speed difference n favor of structured coding). The only. and I repeat, the only thing that was missing from the old metatrader 4 were structures, and now that we have them in the new metatrader 4, for me the story of which one is better is finished

As of drawing objects instead of using buffers approach : there will be some visual difference and you will not be able to use too much bars on the chart (metatrader doe not like too much objects on a chart) and i cases if you use two or more instances on the same chart you are going to get strange visual effects (like color changes when two object overlap)

Mladen, if it isn't too much trouble, I would like to try out the objects version of CCI Study candle version, with slope coloring in mtf, thank you very much.

rayphua:
Mladen, if it isn't too much trouble, I would like to try out the objects version of CCI Study candle version, with slope coloring in mtf, thank you very much.

rayphua

The objects version of the CCI study indicator (regulat and multi time frame example bellow) : cci_study_2.02_nrp_histo_mtf_candles.mq4

mladen:
rayphua The objects version of the CCI study indicator (regulat and multi time frame example bellow) : cci_study_2.02_nrp_histo_mtf_candles.mq4

Kindly ignore.

rayphua:
Kindly ignore.

??????

Would you mind explaining?

That is what you wanted to be made and the way you decided it to be made

Hi Mladen,

if time permits could we please have these two made compatible?

Thanks in Advance!

adaptive_gann_high_low_ea-1_nmc.mq4

adaptive_gann_high-low_activator_jma_heiken_ashi_arrows-2_nmc.mq4

Hi, and can this one be made nmc please?

gann_highlow_jurik_smooth_ea.mq4

Gfuchs:
Hi Mladen,

if time permits could we please have these two made compatible?

Thanks in Advance!

adaptive_gann_high_low_ea-1_nmc.mq4

adaptive_gann_high-low_activator_jma_heiken_ashi_arrows-2_nmc.mq4

How compatible?

They are different indicators that are both compatible with the new metatrader 4

Reason: