Requests & Ideas - page 255

mladen:
rosalieone This a RSX using NMA as a filter for prices. To turn the filter off set the NmaLength to <= 1 (in which case it will work as regular RSX)

Thanks a lot,

your the best ;-))

Hello everybody,

I need to know if is there some tool to get a better report from backtesting. I'm looking for better information (like maximum DD, etc) than the regular report.

Someone know another one?

Thank you in advance!

Hermo

Not sure if you guys realize this, but many of the indicators here has been copied and posted on other forums. It's a waste, is there no better way to protect them?

rayphua:
Not sure if you guys realize this, but many of the indicators here has been copied and posted on other forums. It's a waste, is there no better way to protect them?

rayphua

The only way would be not to post source, and that would make us in some way same as those sites. Could talk more, but I think that it is a waste of space to talk about "forex" sites that depend on "decompile me this" threads or that are posting stolen code in their "premium" sections. It is probably a matter of what one considers to be OK to do in life and what should not be done. Other than that ... it is a human nature it seems

mladen:
rayphua The only way would be not to post source, and that would make us in some way same as those sites. Could talk more, but I think that it is a waste of space to talk about "forex" sites that depend on "decompile me this" threads or that are posting stolen code in their "premium" sections. It is probably a matter of what one considers to be OK to do in life and what should not be done. Other than that ... it is a human nature it seems

I suppose it is human nature and that will never change. Some are so blatant that they actually have an rar/zip file of all of the the indicators in our exclusive forums that they update periodically.

Not sure if we want to have codes that cannot be cracked into the indicators here like Truetl, for example, because it dreadful that you guys and all those who comes up with ideas spend so much time thinking, and then coding the indicators to have them spreaded around without any thought that such much effort has been put into the indicators.

rayphua:
I suppose it is human nature and that will never change. Some are so blatant that they actually have an rar/zip file of all of the the indicators in our exclusive forums that they update periodically. Not sure if we want to have codes that cannot be cracked into the indicators here like Truetl, for example, because it dreadful that you guys and all those who comes up with ideas spend so much time thinking, and then coding the indicators to have them spreaded around without any thought that such much effort has been put into the indicators.

rayphua

I think that you are misjudging who is posting those things. As far as I know those are posted by the "owners" of such sites in order to keep those sites alive. Take a look at what is posted there and usually you will not find any peace of original coding at sites like that - so all they are left to do is to post stolen stuff (any kind of stolen stuff)

In my opinion sites like that are not lasting long and posting stolen stuff (not just from here - they are stealing from everywhere they can) ceases once they stop having material use of posting it. Seen that happen a couple of times already. If they can not produce something new, sooner or later the end is the same. Nothing unusual in all that

PS: I had seen what are they posting that way, and I must say that sometimes I am surprised with the choice of what they post. As if the deliberately avoid the best stuff But hey, that is just my opinion

mladen:
rayphua

I think that you are misjudging who is posting those things. As far as I know those are posted by the "owners" of such sites in order to keep those sites alive. Take a look at what is posted there and usually you will not find any peace of original coding at sites like that - so all they are left to do is to post stolen stuff (any kind of stolen stuff)

In my opinion sites like that are not lasting long and posting stolen stuff (not just from here - they are stealing from everywhere they can) ceases once they stop having material use of posting it. Seen that happen a couple of times already. If they can not produce something new, sooner or later the end is the same. Nothing unusual in all that

PS: I had seen what are they posting that way, and I must say that sometimes I am surprised with the choice of what they post. As if the deliberately avoid the best stuff But hey, that is just my opinion

hahaha hmm Mladen, which are those that you would classify under the "best stuff'??? lol

rayphua:
hahaha hmm Mladen, which are those that you would classify under the "best stuff'??? lol

rayphua

I am not going to make them easy :):)

mladen:
:)

rayphua

I am not going to make them easy

Make it easy for us, Mladen!

Anyway, I'm attaching an indicator that calculates open p&l of open positions. However the pip calculation shows an extra zero, and I'm clueless as to how to get that fixed; instead of 100 pips profit, it shows 1000 pips profit. Can you have a look into it and correct the error, thank you!

openpositionsv2.mq4

Files:

rayphua:
Make it easy for us, Mladen!

Anyway, I'm attaching an indicator that calculates open p&l of open positions. However the pip calculation shows an extra zero, and I'm clueless as to how to get that fixed; instead of 100 pips profit, it shows 1000 pips profit. Can you have a look into it and correct the error, thank you!

openpositionsv2.mq4

rayphua

Try it out now. It should show real pips even on a 5 digit broker

Files:
Reason: