ADX alert!! - page 7

Malden,

as I can not fund the DMI crossover alert with arrow.

could you make it. I know you create DMI, as I did remember that you said the ADX in meta4 is not right one.

mtuppers:
Malden,

as I can not fund the DMI crossover alert with arrow.

could you make it. I know you create DMI, as I did remember that you said the ADX in meta4 is not right one.

Mtuppers, have this one and its a correct version with Di-plus/Di-minus cross alerts.

Files:

Mladen:

Could you make this indicator uber useful by adding a a sound alert when ADX crosses a level, like 25?

Grayghost

grayghost:
Mladen:

Could you make this indicator uber useful by adding a a sound alert when ADX crosses a level, like 25?

Grayghost

grayghost

Which version of ADX exactly are you referring to?

Mladen, thank for responding so promptly. I’m impressed. I was referring specifically to Wilders ADX_alerts. But I have a better idea. please read on.

Rather than an alarm for a +DI/-DI cross after ADX crosses above a certain level, I need to run a sound alarm to alert me when ADX crosses a certain level, like 15, 20, or whatever, and I need to be able to turn off the unwanted DI crossing alert.

People have searched for such an alarm for years, as you will see it you run a search. One might think it would already exist, but all the indicators I could find show +DMI/-DMI crosses, with or without a provision for ADX to be above a certain level.

One showed alerts for ADX crossing a level, but there was no way to turn off the frequent DI-cross alerts. To my knowledge, there is no indicator that works in MT4 Build 600 and sounds an alarm when ADX crosses above a certain, settable, level.

Who would use such an alarm? I don’t know why the others use one, although I can envision anyone who trades using the methods outlined in the book ADXcellence wanting one. In my case, I trade the one-minute time frame during the first few hours after the London open, which occurs at 9 p.m. here in Hawaii (summer). I enter when certain conditions are met involving STC, DMI, ADXxBollinger, and Volumes. Sometimes, after I go to bed about 2 a.m., a setup will occur. If I had a sound alarm on ADX, I would know that the trend was gathering momentum, which might result in a trade, and I could get out of bed (or not) and monitor the screen. However, I would have to be able to silence any DI crossover alarm, which would in this case amount to useless noise. That is just my own case. Considering the prior search activity, there are many others.

I already have a sound alarm on your Schaff Trend Cycle 1 & alerts, It works great, but STC is clumsy for this particular aspect.

If you could build the alarm on your ADX_WildersDMI_v1m, that would be great and would make the best indicator in existence even better. I use it because Wilder’s procedures give a more useful indication than those built on exponential calculations—I won’t go into the reasons; you probably know them—and because I like to set DMI at 13 and ADX at 8. This gives a better ADX regular divergence, which sometimes provides a powerful signal to exit, although more often I exit on Fib Expansion 100 or DMI divergence.

Your ADX and STC indicators are the principal ones I use for my trading, and I’m successful with them. Please keep up the good work. IMHO, you can rework ADX-WildersDMI_v1m, already the reigning queen of indicators, into the gonzoest—is that a word?— forex indicator of all time.

My wife will thank you. (She’s younger than me—I’m sure you would like her.) She wants to move back to Maui, where we met. But houses in Kihei are expensive, so I need to step up my trading. An ADX-crosses-a-level exclusive sound alert would enable me and undoubtedly many others to do that.

Sorry to write such a tome, but this is a weighty matter.

Bob Stimson, Hilo, Hawaii

grayghost:
Mladen, thank for responding so promptly. I’m impressed. I was referring specifically to Wilders ADX_alerts. But I have a better idea. please read on.

Rather than an alarm for a +DI/-DI cross after ADX crosses above a certain level, I need to run a sound alarm to alert me when ADX crosses a certain level, like 15, 20, or whatever, and I need to be able to turn off the unwanted DI crossing alert.

People have searched for such an alarm for years, as you will see it you run a search. One might think it would already exist, but all the indicators I could find show +DMI/-DMI crosses, with or without a provision for ADX to be above a certain level.

One showed alerts for ADX crossing a level, but there was no way to turn off the frequent DI-cross alerts. To my knowledge, there is no indicator that works in MT4 Build 600 and sounds an alarm when ADX crosses above a certain, settable, level.

Who would use such an alarm? I don’t know why the others use one, although I can envision anyone who trades using the methods outlined in the book ADXcellence wanting one. In my case, I trade the one-minute time frame during the first few hours after the London open, which occurs at 9 p.m. here in Hawaii (summer). I enter when certain conditions are met involving STC, DMI, ADXxBollinger, and Volumes. Sometimes, after I go to bed about 2 a.m., a setup will occur. If I had a sound alarm on ADX, I would know that the trend was gathering momentum, which might result in a trade, and I could get out of bed (or not) and monitor the screen. However, I would have to be able to silence any DI crossover alarm, which would in this case amount to useless noise. That is just my own case. Considering the prior search activity, there are many others.

I already have a sound alarm on your Schaff Trend Cycle 1 & alerts, It works great, but STC is clumsy for this particular aspect.

If you could build the alarm on your ADX_WildersDMI_v1m, that would be great and would make the best indicator in existence even better. I use it because Wilder’s procedures give a more useful indication than those built on exponential calculations—I won’t go into the reasons; you probably know them—and because I like to set DMI at 13 and ADX at 8. This gives a better ADX regular divergence, which sometimes provides a powerful signal to exit, although more often I exit on Fib Expansion 100 or DMI divergence.

Your ADX and STC indicators are the principal ones I use for my trading, and I’m successful with them. Please keep up the good work. IMHO, you can rework ADX-WildersDMI_v1m, already the reigning queen of indicators, into the gonzoest—is that a word?— forex indicator of all time.

My wife will thank you. (She’s younger than me—I’m sure you would like her.) She wants to move back to Maui, where we met. But houses in Kihei are expensive, so I need to step up my trading. An ADX-crosses-a-level exclusive sound alert would enable me and undoubtedly many others to do that.

Sorry to write such a tome, but this is a weighty matter.

Bob Stimson, Hilo, Hawaii

Hello Bob,

Added the adx crosses level alerts.

Perfect. In time for the trading session tonight, too. Now I can buy the house in Kihei! Many, many thanks.

Bob

mrtools:
Hello Bob, Added the adx crosses level alerts.

MrTools,

I downloaded this indicator,(Post #67) it compiled, but it does not show on my chart? I am still on the old version of MT4. Could that be the problem? I checked the code, but cannot see anything "strange"

Be kind enough and let me know plse.

Many thanks.

ValeoFX:
MrTools,

I downloaded this indicator,(Post #67) it compiled, but it does not show on my chart? I am still on the old version of MT4. Could that be the problem? I checked the code, but cannot see anything "strange"

Be kind enough and let me know plse.

Many thanks.

ValeoFX

That indicator from mrtools can not work with old builds of metatrader

It is using 9 buffers and the old build does not support more than 8 buffers

mladen:
ValeoFX

That indicator from mrtools can not work with old builds of metatrader

It is using 9 buffers and the old build does not support more than 8 buffers

Thank you very much Mladen. Much appreciated.

Reason: