Requests & Ideas - page 237

PS - forgot to tell : I did not add any multiplier simply because it would extend all the values linearly and it would look exactly the same on chart as without any multiplier (the visual perception would not change at all)

mladen:
PS - forgot to tell : I did not add any multiplier simply because it would extend all the values linearly and it would look exactly the same on chart as without any multiplier (the visual perception would not change at all)

Mladen, thanks, I have it installed and it looks set to go! I'm curious, how's this TSD custom Jurik different from OMA?

rayphua:
Mladen, thanks, I have it installed and it looks set to go! I'm curious, how's this TSD custom Jurik different from OMA?

rayphua

Completely different indicators (math has nothing in common in the two)

PS: one thing that is less known of OMA - try to make it overshoot

mladen:
rayphua

Completely different indicators (math has nothing in common in the two)

PS: one thing that is less known of OMA - try to make it overshoot

Mladen, somehow i never really could quite get OMA to work for me. I have been experimenting using various slope indicators, and have also tried a slope of Kama indicator that I downloaded somewhere from tsd forums, somehow its filtering works rather well, especially with the up and down trigger parameters, but it does not have the 4 color increasing and decreasing histogram. Can you point to where I am able to download a version with 4 colors, and also has the up and down triggers?

kamaslopealertsmtf.mq4

Files:

rayphua:
Mladen, somehow i never really could quite get OMA to work for me. I have been experimenting using various slope indicators, and have also tried a slope of Kama indicator that I downloaded somewhere from tsd forums, somehow its filtering works rather well, especially with the up and down trigger parameters, but it does not have the 4 color increasing and decreasing histogram. Can you point to where I am able to download a version with 4 colors, and also has the up and down triggers? kamaslopealertsmtf.mq4

Rayphua, on the kama slope the outer line is supposed to represent the slope similar to a 4 color histogram but just using the coloring of the outer line instead, can do away with the multi colored line and then have the 4 colored histo. , if that will work for you.

mrtools:
Rayphua, on the kama slope the outer line is supposed to represent the slope similar to a 4 color histogram but just using the coloring of the outer line instead, can do away with the multi colored line and then have the 4 colored histo. , if that will work for you.

Thanks Mr. Tools for looking into this, yes I am already using that, and it helps me to see if kama is above or below the zeroline, but since I am only using size 1 because I don't want to line to block up the histogram on the indicator, the color of the outer line is a little hard to see. It would be better if the histogram shows the 4 colors. Not sure if you could help with this Mr. Tools, thanks.

rayphua:
Thanks Mr. Tools for looking into this, yes I am already using that, and it helps me to see if kama is above or below the zeroline, but since I am only using size 1 because I don't want to line to block up the histogram on the indicator, the color of the outer line is a little hard to see. It would be better if the histogram shows the 4 colors. Not sure if you could help with this Mr. Tools, thanks.

Rayphua made this one, you can choose to have histogram on slope (4 color) or the 2 color histo.

mrtools:
Rayphua made this one, you can choose to have histogram on slope (4 color) or the 2 color histo.

Wonderful work, truly appreciate your help Mr Tools! Will try it out right away.

mrtools:

Mr Tools or Mladen, is there no way to put a multiplier on the Kamaslope indicator or someway to make the histogram more pronounced when it is close to the zero line? I am putting the indicator on a lower timeframe chart just so that I can see the histogram clearer. Kindly help, thanks.

rayphua:
Mr Tools or Mladen, is there no way to put a multiplier on the Kamaslope indicator or someway to make the histogram more pronounced when it is close to the zero line? I am putting the indicator on a lower timeframe chart just so that I can see the histogram clearer. Kindly help, thanks.

rayphua

If you multiply those values, values that are greater will be multiplied too and that way visually you gain nothing. Metatrader does not have a logarithmic scale to display indicators so it can not done that smaller values are more emphasized than the larger values. I can add that multiplier (it is a couple of seconds of work) but trust me that you will not gain anything with it

Reason: