This should be it. Try it out
Perfect, thank you very much mladen
Dear Mr. Tools or Mladen,
I've attached JMASlope in mtf and would like for this to be showing
1. 4 colors in the the histogram; increasing and decreasing histogram above zero line and below zero line.
2. Some sort of multiplier that makes the histogram heights more pronounced, like how it's done with the OSMA, if it is possible.
One question regarding the phase parameter, what does that do and what are the numerical limits of this?
Thank you very much in advance.
That version can not be extended to add 2 more colors to it. It is already using 7 buffers for calculation.
If that JMA is replaced by the "jurik simple" (like, for example the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page77 - set the angle bars to 1 and you will get the comparable version - like the one from the example picture) than it can be done
As of phase - this is a quote from Mark Jurik :
Phase +100 makes the ma overshoot, phase -100 makes it lag. Phase 0 is a kind of a "neutral" setting
PS: the "jurik simple" is faster than the original JMA (it is an improved jurik moving average) so do not expect to get exactly the same results - as a rule of thumb, for same parameters jurik simple will give signals earlier
Thanks Mladen, I have more questions.
1. I see 4 colors, but they do not seem to reflect increasing and decreasing histogram? I do see a gray color thinner parameter, but somehow it does not look like it's for increasing or decreasing histogram. Can you kindly code it?
2. Please kindly explain what angle bar and angle level is for. You advised using 1 for angle bar, what setting should be used for angle level, it's currently defaulted at 8.
3. Would also like to have this with mtf too, please, thank you.
That is just as an example. I bar for the angle in order to make it as similar to the slope es it can be. And yes, in that version 4 colors and mtf can be done
Mladen, can you also explain what angle bar and angle level does, and any advice on the parameter settings?
And thanks in advance for the 4 colors and mtf!
Angle bar is the following : the "angle" is calculated between the current and the nth bar ago. If the n is 1 it is the first previous bar, if it is 6 (as it is by default) then it is the "angle" between the current and the sixth bar ago. So the greater the angle bar is the further the interval for angle calculation is
As of parameter setting : I think that the default 6 covers most of the case, but if you want to see "faster" changes, use smaller number for that
This is a slope of jurik indicator (it is using the custom TSD jurik smoothing not the JMA). You will see (as you can see intermediately on the example picture too - upper is the slope of JMA lower is the slope of jurik) the jurik smoothing is going to change trend faster than JMA - why is it so is explained at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002
4 colors added and it is a multi time frame. Also, you can calculate a kind of a momentum with it (using the SlopeBars parameter you can choose what bar along with the current bars is going to be used for the slope calculation)
PS - forgot to tell : I did not add any multiplier simply because it would extend all the values linearly and it would look exactly the same on chart as without any multiplier (the visual perception would not change at all)
Mladen, thanks, I have it installed and it looks set to go! I'm curious, how's this TSD custom Jurik different from OMA?