Requests & Ideas - page 191

mladen:
The only way how you can speed up that indicator is to lessen the number of bars on chart in the properties (like on the example picture)

mladen, mrtools, or anyone else who can help

Where do we find the properties shown in the picture by mladen to decrease the number of bars so as to speed up sluggish indicators / computers??

Thanks very much in advance and all help is greatly appreciated.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen, mrtools, or anyone else who can help

Where do we find the properties shown in the picture by mladen to decrease the number of bars so as to speed up sluggish indicators / computers??

Thanks very much in advance and all help is greatly appreciated.

traderdp

David

Hello David,

On an open chart top left hand side click on tools\options\charts.

mrtools:
Hello David, On an open chart top left hand side click on tools\options\charts.

mrtools,

Thanks so much for your very timely reply.

Very much appreciated as always.

traderdp

David

Sinewave with S&R MTF

Hi Mladen et al,

Please could I request the coding of the attached version of Ehlers' sinewave indicator with S&R as multi time frame?

Thanks,

Files:

Fourier Extrapolation of SSA of WPR

Hi Mladen/Mrtools,

Sorry to request this. Can we have a Fourier Extrapolation Of SSA of WPR? By rights, to ensure signals are valid according to the fourier transform rules, we need to pre-process/low-pass filter the signal 1st as we do not know about the characteristics of the upcoming signal... If im wrong about this, please correct me. Thanks

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Fourier Extrapolation Of SSA of WPR

wintersky111:
Hi Mladen/Mrtools,

Sorry to request this. Can we have a Fourier Extrapolation Of SSA of WPR? By rights, to ensure signals are valid according to the fourier transform rules, we need to pre-process/low-pass filter the signal 1st as we do not know about the characteristics of the upcoming signal... If im wrong about this, please correct me. Thanks

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Wintersky

Here you go

It can work in 2 modes : if you specify SSALag > 0 then it first calculates SSA of WPR and then uses those values in extrapolation calculation. If SSA Lag is <= 9, than raw WPR values are used in calculation. That way it can be checked what is the actuall effect of aplying SSA to the WPR first

As an example : upper is with SSALag set to 25 (green value is SSA of WPR) and lower is with SSALag set to 0

PS: for more "precise forecast" (extrapolation) it is better to set the LastBar to small value. 1 (one) seems as a reasonable choice since that way the current (still opened bar) is avoided and the extrapolation is done close enough from the last bar to be able to count on some reasonable probability of the extrapolation results

Hi

@ mladen or mrtools

Is it possible to have a ATR with an average as Marney Volume Indicator?

On the screen, I put an ATR 44 with an average of 44 (shift -14).

Thanks

mladen:
Wintersky

Here you go

It can work in 2 modes : if you specify SSALag > 0 then it first calculates SSA of WPR and then uses those values in extrapolation calculation. If SSA Lag is <= 9, than raw WPR values are used in calculation. That way it can be checked what is the actuall effect of aplying SSA to the WPR first

As an example : upper is with SSALag set to 25 (green value is SSA of WPR) and lower is with SSALag set to 0

Mladen,

Hehehehe. Thanks alot! That's like lightning fast speed since i posted! & wow you sure cover all the angles with the 2 modes :-). Will be sure to test in visual backtester. Not sure if there's an edge can be found, but probably going to do a simple replacing of code in it myself to test afew indicators instead of WPR.

PS: mladen, you said somewhere before in this thread that if requested-indicators are not posted, it is due to your opinion that it is not value-added/useful to use it. Long ago, i used to request for a MTF Kalman filter, which you rejected (thankfully), as after a deeper look, i found out that there was not much edge to the kalman algorithm as it was suited for trajectories in slower turns like missiles etc instead of the financial markets with bigger swings. I am glad that you're not-coding then drew my attention to a need for further investigation & non-usage.

Seeing that you are an exceptional trader with very good knowledge and experience, i believe you have very good reason/experience for not coding post #1883 here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807

Could you express your opinion here as im sure you have seen a loophole or a reason that this indicator suggestion doesnt give additional benefits ? My rationale for that indicator was for it to be a more stabilized & better form of market condition indicator, not as a holy grail naturally. It would be a waste to not tap the brains of a world-class trader like you. Once again, thanks in advance for your advice hehhee :-)

gafet:
Hi

@ mladen or mrtools

Is it possible to have a ATR with an average as Marney Volume Indicator?

On the screen, I put an ATR 44 with an average of 44 (shift -14).

Thanks

gafet,

I hope I understood what you mean, so here is an ATR with an addition of an average to it

Files:
atr__ma.mq4  2 kb

mladen:
gafet, I hope I understood what you mean, so here is an ATR with an addition of an average to it

Mladen thank you, but it's not quite right.

As "marney volume", I'd have an average cycle.

The average is repeated even if the course changes a little.

If this is not possible, I would use your indicator. ;-)

Reason: