Ocean theory based indicators - page 8

KL was looking at the multiple dtosc Mladen did and way over my skill level, so asked Mladen if he minded me recommending him for the job, he said no problem but he can't get to it till tomorrow, has some very important business this afternoon!

mrtools:
KL was looking at the multiple dtosc Mladen did and way over my skill level, so asked Mladen if he minded me recommending him for the job, he said no problem but he can't get to it till tomorrow, has some very important business this afternoon!

Thanks Mrtools will wait for mladen then. No worries, it is not in a hurry.

Natural market combo - two-in-one ...

This would be ocean natural market combo made to show 2 NMC values in one.

kokleongch, I did not know what parameters are you using for the 2 so default is simply that the second one is 80 instead of 40 (as the first one), but each parameter is duplicated (nmc period, tema period, price to use and if you wish to use river or mirror in calculation) so they are really completely 2 independent NMCs except that they share the same sub-window

In the example : nmc 40 with tema perios 5 and nmc 80 with tema period 10

mladen:
This would be ocean natural market combo made to show 2 NMC values in one.

kokleongch, I did not know what parameters are you using for the 2 so default is simply that the second one is 80 instead of 40 (as the first one), but each parameter is duplicated (nmc period, tema period, price to use and if you wish to use river or mirror in calculation) so they are really completely 2 independent NMCs except that they share the same sub-window

In the example : nmc 40 with tema perios 5 and nmc 80 with tema period 10

thanks Mladen ! This is exactly what I am looking for. FYI. I use range bar to trade. And the use of both different parameters to suit the range bar pip size i used. It is not meant to see crosses. The peak is verified with nmc2 dynamic zones, n i use dtsoc/alb phas change also as confirmation.

nmc is gd to see whether it is above or below zero line and for price action monitoring. On real time, it is gd to see a behaviour where it can show that price reverse against trend but nmc will show it is just a retrace not trend changes. The reason i nd 2 nmc parameters due to the behaviour around zero line, where it will remain flat/ so 'faster' nmc will show me exactly what happened there.

Dynamic zone nxc is gd to show overbought/sold situation. it works well with nmc to identify possible peaks. The bad points of nxc is it can remain overbought/sold if trend is strongly established which will create false sell/buy signal. And this is the role of nmc to filter out such situation, n recently i see alb phase change also is gd for this purpose.

Also nmc (and to certain extent nxc) and also alb phase change can show divergences. Appreciate for your fast response

Rgds

KL

Files:

ocean roc and macd

Mladen:

Would you consider an mtf macd and roc for nmm and nmr with sd (four indicators or 4-in-1)?

It seems they may be useful to determine confluence.

Also, did you think about making an indicator that would rank the 'compression' of nma mas over a specified lookback? Mr. Sloman mentions having this indicator but always removes it from his screenshots. I suppose it might be 0-100 with the current nma ma spread shown where it lies in the distribution observed over the lookback period.

Lastly, I don't suppose you've seen anything on btx or stx?

Thanks!

Files:
roc_macd.jpg  72 kb

adeo

1. for this I need additional explanation : nmm and nmr are oscillators while by definition macd would be a difference of two averages (now let assume that those can be any averages). Can you explain a bit more how did you imagine to make macd of nmm and nmr? As of ROC (or momentum) of any indicator it can be made easily

2. I did not see that (and I don't have the formula) so I am afraid I am in a dark as far as that is concerned

3. Almost the same thing : I haven't seen a published formula of those

adeo:
Mladen:

Would you consider an mtf macd and roc for nmm and nmr with sd (four indicators or 4-in-1)?

It seems they may be useful to determine confluence.

Also, did you think about making an indicator that would rank the 'compression' of nma mas over a specified lookback? Mr. Sloman mentions having this indicator but always removes it from his screenshots. I suppose it might be 0-100 with the current nma ma spread shown where it lies in the distribution observed over the lookback period.

Lastly, I don't suppose you've seen anything on btx or stx?

Thanks!

Hahahahaha...I really needed that laugh. See below

1. for this I need additional explanation : nmm and nmr are oscillators while by definition macd would be a difference of two averages (now let assume that those can be any averages). Can you explain a bit more how did you imagine to make macd of nmm and nmr? As of ROC (or momentum) of any indicator it can be made easily

A> LOL - That's why I included the screenshot - I have no idea either! I thought maybe you could make sense of it. The NMM ROC does, on first glance, seem to follow NMM with rate of change. The NMM MACD? I dunno. What if we picked two NMM.Periods (e.g., 21, 40) and treated them like the averages?

2. I did not see that (and I don't have the formula) so I am afraid I am in a dark as far as that is concerned

A> For this the pseudo code seems straightforward...(1) for lookback find min & max, (2) each bar = (current-min)/(max-min)*100. This shows how narrow or tight the gap is relative to the lookback range. Of course, this would be an inverse reading, perhaps it would be easier to interpret flipped around so a higher % value reflected the narrowness since we're looking for compression.

adeo

If Jim Sloman gave that pseudo formula for "narrowness" (this formula bar = (current-min)/(max-min)*100 ) than there is no problem whatsoever since that formula is a formula of how a stochastic is calculated (or they sometimes call it a "min max normalization" but it is a way how stochastic is calculated). If it is that, it is simply a stochastic of any value he applies it to

adeo:
Hahahahaha...I really needed that laugh. See below 1. for this I need additional explanation : nmm and nmr are oscillators while by definition macd would be a difference of two averages (now let assume that those can be any averages). Can you explain a bit more how did you imagine to make macd of nmm and nmr? As of ROC (or momentum) of any indicator it can be made easily
A> LOL - That's why I included the screenshot - I have no idea either! I thought maybe you could make sense of it. The NMM ROC does, on first glance, seem to follow NMM with rate of change. The NMM MACD? I dunno. What if we picked two NMM.Periods (e.g., 21, 40) and treated them like the averages?
A> For this the pseudo code seems straightforward...(1) for lookback find min & max, (2) each bar = (current-min)/(max-min)*100. This shows how narrow or tight the gap is relative to the lookback range. Of course, this would be an inverse reading, perhaps it would be easier to interpret flipped around so a higher % value reflected the narrowness since we're looking for compression.

No, that was not his formula...that is what came to my mind.

I did find this additional info on a separate view (coming at it the other way) which he calls the 'nma band excursion'.

No, I do not know the formula for that one either but we might deduce it from this example.

Either way, I think what we're after is a read on how the mas are interacting with one another.

mladen:
adeo If Jim Sloman gave that pseudo formula for "narrowness" (this formula bar = (current-min)/(max-min)*100 ) than there is no problem whatsoever since that formula is a formula of how a stochastic is calculated (or they sometimes call it a "min max normalization" but it is a way how stochastic is calculated). If it is that, it is simply a stochastic of any value he applies it to
Files:

If it only was possible to look at something and know the math for it. Maybe Stephen Wolfram, but he is one of a kind and I am far, far bellow his level of math knowledge. Anyway, will try to find some more info ...

adeo:
No, that was not his formula...that is what came to my mind.

I did find this additional info on a separate view (coming at it the other way) which he calls the 'nma band excursion'.

No, I do not know the formula for that one either but we might deduce it from this example.

Either way, I think what we're after is a read on how the mas are interacting with one another.
Reason: