Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 48

wccmcd:
Dear Mladen,

The TMA SLOPE indicator is good but... it is a CPU Vampire... When I loaded it to 10 currency pairs it just freeze my computer . Is there anyway you can modify it please?

tmaslope.v1.5_normalized_nmc.mq4

Or, what I'm auctually using, is "TMA Slope Multi Half Length". By using one TMA SLOPE algorithm with different half length, we can have different slope values, and find out the trend by comparing those values.

wccmcd

That indicator is using multiple time frames for calculation. I do not hink that there is a way to make that CPU easy

mladen:
wccmcd That indicator is using multiple time frames for calculation. I do not hink that there is a way to make that CPU easy

Thanks for your reply, Mladen.

Is it possible for you, by any chance, to create a TMA Slope indicator, with multiple half length? It would be very helpful for determine the trend.

RSi + tma channel by spaceearth

rsi_tma.mq4

Files:
rsi_tma.mq4  3 kb
rsi_tma.gif  31 kb

I made some tests and it is repainting like Fisher indicators.

nivti1:

Nivti1, I would you recommend you read at least the first 4 posts of this thread, starting from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241

nivti1:

Actually you are wrong

Solar wind like indicators are repainting (they were called fisher the same way as they were code : by accident). Correctly coded Ehlers fisher transform indicators do not repaint (there is no reason for it to repaint at all).

As of centered TMA : I really hoped that people will read what is told at the first posts of this thread. It was never a secret that centered TMA is a non-causal indicator due to the fact that it extrapolates last half bars of the value, and so far men has not inverted any extrapolation method that is not a subject of changes as the new data flows in.

But, as mrtools already told, please, read at least a couple of posts at the first page of this thread : I sincerely hope that after that it will be much more clear what centered TMA is all about. And to repeat once more : TMA (triangular moving average) and centered TMA are two different beasts. TMA has never, and will never repaint.

mladen:
Actually you are wrong

Solar wind like indicators are repainting (they were called fisher the same way as they were code : by accident). Correctly coded Ehlers fisher transform indicators do not repaint (there is no reason for it to repaint at all).

Ok then have you a "no repaint Fisher" indicator to propose to me? I never saw any like that.

As of centered TMA : I really hoped that people will read what is told at the first posts of this thread. It was never a secret that centered TMA is a non-causal indicator due to the fact that it extrapolates last half bars of the value, and so far men has not inverted any extrapolation method that is not a subject of changes as the new data flows in.

But, as mrtools already told, please, read at least a couple of posts at the first page of this thread : I sincerely hope that after that it will be much more clear what centered TMA is all about. And to repeat once more : TMA (triangular moving average) and centered TMA are two different beasts. TMA has never, and will never repaint.

Ok I will read the first pages of this thread...

nivti1:
Ok then have you a "no repaint Fisher" indicator to propose to me? I never saw any like that.

There's a couple of versions here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page5

Channels system from here Простая канальная форекс стратегия Channels

PS: "border ligns" is a renamed TMA bands

channels.zip

Files:

tampa:
Channels system from here Простая канальная форекс стратегия Channels

PS: "border ligns" is a renamed TMA bands

channels.zip

Yep, that is centered TMA bands Even the internal name stayed - only the copyright has been changed

Reason: