Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 213

meek13:
First of all Mr Nims thank you for sharing your Renko Ashi Scalping System. I have applied it to my MT4 platform but for some odd reason I don't get alot of boxex displayed on my 2M chart with the box size set to 10. I have increased the no. of bar in both history and to display in the global settings but still I only get a few boxes. Do I have to wait for it to build up and does that mean I have to let MT4 keep running all the time? Thanking for the help in advance.

The amount of renko bars you may plot on your chart depends on the amount of history you can aquire on the m1 chart, Thats the limitations with renko chart.

It depends from broker to broker how much m1 history their server provides, Some may provide a few months, some may provide a few weeks and some provide only a few days.

I think brokers limit m1 history to speed up their server load by reducing that data.

Regards,

Nims

Thanks for the advice Mr Nims and The Snowman all is up and running. I was wondering if there is a way to back test the renko charts on strategy builder? I wanted to see how it performs in a simulated environment rather then live, so I could get a number of weeks test in a few hours. I know it can done on the traditional M1, M5,..., MN charts using EA, but when I tried it on the renko M2 chart nothing happened.

meek13:
Thanks for the advice Mr Nims and The Snowman all is up and running. I was wondering if there is a way to back test the renko charts on strategy builder? I wanted to see how it performs in a simulated environment rather then live, so I could get a number of weeks test in a few hours. I know it can done on the traditional M1, M5,..., MN charts using EA, but when I tried it on the renko M2 chart nothing happened.

Please read the thread... This subject has been beat into the dirt... I don't care what anyone says... backktests of renko offline are NOT accurate. I use renko offline and renko online with 1 tick data with another platform... they ALL repaint history

trendchangetrader:
Please read the thread... This subject has been beat into the dirt... I don't care what anyone says... backktests of renko offline are NOT accurate. I use renko offline and renko online with 1 tick data with another platform... they ALL repaint history

Hi Trendchangetrader,

I appreciate what you are saying and maybe I did not make myself clear on my last post, I'm not interested in trying to test any indicators on the renko chart, I just wanted a way to simulate the renkos been plotted in real time in a simulation enviornment, the same way the minute charts can in strategy builder. As you know the renkos can take ages to plot depending on box size in the live markets.

meek13:
Hi Trendchangetrader, I appreciate what you are saying and maybe I did not make myself clear on my last post, I'm not interested in trying to test any indicators on the renko chart, I just wanted a way to simulate the renkos been plotted in real time in a simulation enviornment, the same way the minute charts can in strategy builder. As you know the renkos can take ages to plot depending on box size in the live markets.

Hi,

Thnx for your clarification. I have not done this... but there may be some descriptions of how to do this earlier in the thread.

btw, I'm not a user of this system... I simply subscribe to the thread based on the subject of renko.

Regards

TCT

meek13:
The Snowman,

No I have used mt4 in the past. Your screenshot did the trick not all the ticks were ticked on my options box. Thank you I really appreciate your time and effort to help me.

Btw, are you still using this system?

He!! no, I want to make $$$$

Files:
0002.png  77 kb

Mr SNOWMAN...why do you not trade Renko anymore?

The_Snowman:
He!! no, I want to make $$$$

I just invested 4 weeks full time into tweaking it.... ((

Thank you for a response!

SudanFX

scorona:
Hi all ...

I would like to share how I am using """"""... first I want to thank Mr. Nims for sharing the EA to do my tests ...

Ok just want to mention that I am using boxes of 10 pips ... and only use two indicators ... I am attaching a third indicator and will continue testing ...

I use the SuperSignal ... as output and input ... but I hope the confimarcion another indicator in order to enter the market ...

For confirmation I use an indicator called SudanFx likely giving trends ... but in my case gives me the opposite ... Example if the trend indicator marks up I do the opposite position and entered into sale and if it says do the opposite trend down and entered in a position to purchase ...

Attached are the indicators ...

pardon my English ... Blame the translator of google

super_signal_v3f_-_fixed_distance.mq4super_signal_v3f_-_fixed_distance.ex4sudanfx.mq4sudanfx.ex4ang_autoch_hl-v1.ex4

Hello Scorona,

Do you have any idea how this SudanFX indicator works? Do you find it reliable at all? And how is it going with testing the other ones? Thanks a lot and best!

Mr. Nims-Renko Ashi Scalping System

Hello Mr. Nims

I've just discovered your system on the forum...I've also read almost all discussions related to it...

To what I've read about Renko bars is that they give very clear and quick trend direction...in your system, however we are witnessing red bars in an uptrend and green bars in a downtrend !!! When intially loading the Renkos on the M2 chart all is OK...when applying your template, this phenomenon is detected on the offline chart...BTW if you look at the given screenshots in the manual you will notice what I'm curious about(red bars in an uptrnd and green ones in the downtrend)...

Also the Wick indicator is displaying a red and green bar only for the current Renko bar...

Appreciate your system and your time...

Have a nice day !

problem was solved.

Reason: